[Main Page] [Owners Registry] [Allis Store] [Parts Etc.]
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CRAP FLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethan Souerdike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CRAP FLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 8:43pm
Do any of you guys ever have problems with gnats (crap flies ) my darn puter screen is all messed up now cause they where all over it, I finaly couldent stand it I grabed an outdoor life magazen rolled it up and started beating the crap out of those things.Angry
     The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.~George Washington
Sponsored Links

David G. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David G. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 8:51pm
Yeah, I've noticed a lot of them around here. Funny, as I type this I'm swatting at one hovering too close to my ham and cheese samich! I think has something to do with the season. I've noticed them over the past few years becoming a problem in early fall.
Ethan Souerdike View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethan Souerdike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 8:54pm
     The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.~George Washington
cosborn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 9:03pm
Pet box turtle on the lose and vacuum hose seems to help. (long story)
1949 "C" vin #c71215, 1939 "B" Wide front, WD45 nf, WD45 wf, 1941 "C" work in progress. Wd wide front
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 1:29am
they's all lookin for a warm place this time of year! been spray'in with Q-Mist in here all week!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 5:48am
We calls 'em circle flies, around here, cause they circles around a ahole.  You musta had one of dr flyin johnniepot's posts up on the screen, hence the attraction!
nella(Pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella(Pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 7:20am
place some bait at a good location and get the central vacuum going and that cleans them up!!
Seth Souerdike View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seth Souerdike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 10:01pm
i just got 4 -_-
Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in its true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and, when summoned away, to leave without regret. -Robert E. Lee

Seth Souerdike View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seth Souerdike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 10:01pm
make that 5
Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in its true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and, when summoned away, to leave without regret. -Robert E. Lee

Glockhead SWMI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glockhead SWMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 8:02am
With all the produce around my place I have them every year. Drive me nuts.
Bolivar Boy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolivar Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 1:25pm
Are you talking about fruit flies or dog pecker flies? Is there a difference ?
Glockhead SWMI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glockhead SWMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 1:48pm
Dog pecker flies... I've also heard them called snatch gnats recently... Bout spit my drink out when I heard that.
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 4:07pm
I thought this was a family forum. I think I will stay away from them. Tee Hee!
Old enough to use age as an excuse! 1955 WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, #3 sickle mower Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 7:04pm
We knew them as dog pecker gnats, too.  Was drinking beer, with a few friends, one had the gnats following him around.  When I called them dog pecker gnats, the rest pointed at him, and said, "No Wonder", everybody bust a gut laughin, he got all red in the face, and walked out!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 8:05pm
"crap flies"  when i saw the post i though you were taking about slinging crap around the lot !!
like them all, but collect the little Bs.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 8:06pm
maybe that should be "crap flys" ?
like them all, but collect the little Bs.
Bolivar Boy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolivar Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 8:06pm
Well I'll be darn.  I"d heard  of crack snacks but never snatch gnats. Learned something new here today. Thats what I like about this forum, something for every one and plenty educational...........Think I hear Dennis gettin all nervous and itchy reaching for the D button........Need some help here Shameless....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic