[Main Page] [Owners Registry] [Allis Store] [Parts Etc.]
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Simplicity 9020 Lawn Tractor - Rear PTO, 3PT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Ebling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Simplicity 9020 Lawn Tractor - Rear PTO, 3PT
    Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 9:33am

Up for sale is a Simplicity 9020 lawn tractor. These are pretty much the same thing as Allis 720s/620s/616s if I remember right. This tractor runs great and has been used regularly for the last couple of years. It's be serviced regularly and works great. The tractor has the rear pto installed and works. It has the 3 pt. option. Also for sale is a front snow blower with bracket and everything needed to mount it. I had the Orange snow blower on a couple winters ago and it worked great. The white snowblower isn't as nice, but I have a bracket and ram for that one too.

Tractor: $2450
Orange Snow Blower: $350 with brackets and hydraulic ram
White Snow Blower: $250 with brackets and hydraulic ram

Edited by Andrew Ebling - 12 Aug 2013 at 9:33am
Sponsored Links

Mike-IA View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike-IA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 6:47pm
Sent you a PM.
Andrew Ebling View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Ebling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 9:46am
Tractor is sold and heading to SD. I still have the snow blowers
BrianC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 12:15pm
Anyone care to discuss this series machine, problems, fuel economy, parts?
Apparently, nobody knows how many were produced, but they are around for sale often enough.
I have seen more than one with the dual verticle mufflers. Is that because of original muffler availability or is it an attempt to get some heat out from under the hood?
I had a big rototiller with that Onan. It seemed to be a gas hog.
There is a cable/clevis on the seat. Are the 3pt arms activated by this cable?
Are the starters reliable?
Electric PTO's are they available and pricing. I have seen some shocker prices on lawnmower pto's.
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 12:45pm
Original mufflers are still around, but rather pricy ($200+) - that is why some people get creative.  The engines are very reliable when properly maintained - very expensive to rebuild.  The cable on the seat is used for lifting the belly mount mower (connects to the 3 ph).  Never had any problems with the starter (the engine has to be removed to get at them).  The main weak point of these machines would be the wiring, a lot of it seems to be undersized.  The front axle and steering box tend to get sloppy with age - I will be tackling that issue on mine shortly.  I do not have a rear pto on mine (nor do I want one).  Very expensive to buy, and rather troublesome.
I have not had any problem getting parts from Sandy Lake.  Some small cosmetic pieces are no longer available, but the machine is 40 years old after all.
'49 G, '58 D14, '59 D14, '66 D15II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IV Diesel, '67 190XTD, 620, '77 175, '85 6080
Andrew Ebling View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Ebling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 9:22am
Snow Blowers are now sold too.
igmfu View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igmfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 10:41am
Hi - Any chance that either - or both - of the snowblowers are available?  If so, please either email me: jd_flinsch@hotmail.com or call at 651-470-9860.  I'm just east of St. Paul, MN  Thanks, Jim
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic