[Main Page] [Owners Registry] [Allis Store] [Parts Etc.]
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gleaners new combine and party in August

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gleaners new combine and party in August
    Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 9:33am
Seen this on the combine Hello everyone,

I am sorry for the late submission- and thank you to Alex for spreading the word about the launch. You guys on the Combine Forum have been very good to us at Gleaner and I should have posted details earlier. Please accept my apology.

It is true; we are launching a new combine series in August. The 8 series will include some important updates to the 7 series as well as a few surprises I think you’ll like. We have been testing a prototype recently in parts of Kansas. Other prototypes were run last fall and before.

The new combine will be unveiled August 15th 2013 near our Hesston manufacturing facility. The event is unique in that we have invited customers through dealers. If you’re interested in coming, simply contact your dealer. As Alex said, we’re also planning on making special arrangements for our friends here at The Combine Forum. If you decide to come as a group, communicate with Alex and he’ll set it up.

Another unique aspect of the launch event is that it will be carried on live television via RFD-TV. If you do not get RFD-TV they do have a subscription that you can have it streamed to your computer.

The launch will be a three-day event with the introduction on Thursday night, a full day of briefings, factory tours and a customer appreciation bbq on Friday and a unique celebration Saturday Morning. Friday’s events will also include a ribbon cutting on our new paint facility and there will be dignitaries and government officials attending.

At 7:30 Saturday morning, we’ll be commemorating the 90th anniversary of Gleaner in the town of Nickerson, KS with a plaque and ceremony. If you don’t already know, Nickerson is the site where the Baldwin Brothers invented the world’s first self-propelled combine in 1923 that they named Gleaner. After the ceremony, we’ll be conducting a caravan including combines to Hesston. Around 11:30 (we’re hoping all caravan combines are in by then) we’ll begin a parade down Ridge Road in Hesston from near downtown out to the Agco Hesston Operations Plant entrance. This parade will include historic and current combines as well as traditional parade elements. The parade will conclude the combine launch on Saturday afternoon.

If this event piques your interest, here are a few answers to some question you may have.

Yes, you can be in the parade. In fact we’re looking for at least one of every Gleaner combine ever made- particularly Gleaner Baldwin’s 1923 that, to our knowledge, is the only running one of it’s kind. We also have a dealer bringing a 1950s custom harvester set up that many of you might have seen at the USCHI convention. If this is something you want to do please email us at info@gleanersuper7.com

Yes, you can come caravan in your combine from Nickerson to Hesston. However, we’re going to need to move at a decent clip and we simply do not have the time or resources to help stranded drivers. If you choose to caravan, have a crew (or at least someone) ready to support you if needed.

Yes, we do want you to work with a dealer in coming to the event. We’ll be sharing a lot of detailed information about our combines on Friday and we like to know who is in the crowd. We hate to be a touch paranoid but it’s not uncommon for us to find young engineers from an unnamed competitor up in the engine compartment shooting pictures of the cooling system while at farm shows. This launch being at our house, we prefer to save the limited space for friends.

Yes, you’ll have to be registered. We’re buying food and planning parking so we need to know who is coming. Work with your dealer.

You have been some of the best supporters a brand could have and I hope to see you at the event. Please don’t hesitate to email your questions to us.

It is without hesitation that I can tell you we have developed the finest Gleaner combine ever built and we’re both proud and eager to introduce it to you, our great friends.

See you at the launch.

Go Great Silver!
gleanersuper7 is offline    Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM    #2 (permalink)

scott

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you sir, would love to attend will take to Ray Ramm and Dan Hurtt, Dan is a service manager, my email is snelsen@gondtc.com
scott is offline    Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 09:44 PM    #3 (permalink)

gleanersuper7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, we have a block of rooms under a special rate at the Wichita Hyatt. Get'em while they're still available.

Old Today, 03:54 AM    #4 (permalink)

silverrod

It would be good if us Aussies could get a DVD of the event.
silverrod is offline    Reply With Quote

Old Today, 05:25 AM    #5 (permalink)

gleanersuper7

I'll see what we can do. One way or another, we'll make sure you get to see the launch.

Old Today, 08:05 AM    #6 (permalink)

orange

Made res. at the Hyatt last night, sounds like rooms are already getting tight. I could not get the same room for all 3 nights. If your planning to stay at the Hyatt, might want to reserve now.

Kudo's to the Gleaner team, this sounds like a fabulous 3 days for a fabulous product!
orange is online now    Reply With Quote

Old Today, 09:00 AM    #7 (permalink)

scott

Gleanersuper7, will you post on agtalk, I copied your post and put it on agtalk, thanks, Scott.
scott is offline    Reply With Quote

Remove AdvertisementsSponsored Links
The Combine Forum
Advertisement

board;
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic