[Main Page] [Owners Registry] [Allis Store] [Parts Etc.]
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Loader for 190xt III and restoration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rudiger101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loader for 190xt III and restoration
    Posted: 22 Jun 2013 at 3:40pm
Does anyone know where I can find somthing about different loaders that will fit a 190XT? 
On another note, my grandpa bought the ol' girl when she was new and I would like to restore and continue to use her, is there any particular book I could buy about restoration or will a regular repair manual do?  Thanks for all of the help both past and present!
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2013 at 6:57pm
Are you talking Allis loaders ? A general repair manual is about all that's out there ,there are some on painting too , fixing oil leaks are pretty easy , common repairs , how many hours on it ?
Rudiger101 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rudiger101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2013 at 7:22pm
Any type of loader.  There are lots and lots of hours.  It was the main choir and field tractor until about 10 years ago.  About 20 years ago dad rebuilt it but soon after a rod broke and puntured the block.  Dad then put an engine out of a combine in after some modifications and it works ok.  After seeing some of the 190s on here it has inspired me to try and fix it up so my kids can use it too someday.
Orange Blood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Blood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2013 at 8:46pm
Well the first question before we can recommend loaders, is does it have a cab or not??  Many of the aftermarket loaders will not fit with a cab in place.  I am not certian about the allis ones, but I think they will work with a cab, but require unique control setups.
Still on the farm:
720, WC, WD, WD45, WD45D, D14, 3-D17, D17LP, D19D, D19LP, 190XT, D21, 220, 7020, 7030, 7045, 3-7060, N7
Working on, or waiting to be: U, UC, G, B, C, WC, WD-LP, WF, D-17D, D21, 210
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2013 at 10:46pm
They are nice tractors and pretty easy to work on,, hours are like age , just a number , get her all freshened up and purring good
Rudiger101 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rudiger101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2013 at 11:42pm
Yes, it does have a cab that you can enter on either side.
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2013 at 4:46am
Here are a couple of videos of 190's with loaders:

Gary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abtCUzwcq9I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWdC35x5dAw

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic