This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Dealers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REEDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 5:45pm

Here are few more dealers from IOWA that i know of that where or are dealers. CENTRAL IOWA FARMSTORE,MARSHALLTOWN, IA. JOENS IMP, GILMAN,IA. MARSHALL SALES,PATTON,IA.PINE LAKE IMP,ELDORA,IA. THOMAS IMP, BEAMAN,IA. CROSS AND SONS,KILDUFF,IA. MITCHELL IMP,BOUNDURANT,IA. GENESER IMP, GRANGER,IA. KAVIALER IMP,DYSART,IA.SIENKNECHT IMP,CLUTIER,IA. DUMONT IMP,DUMONT,IA.

Sponsored Links

Royal SW Ia View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royal SW Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 2:40pm
Here are some of the dealers in SW Iowa that I can think  of:

Kewin Auto  Griswold, Ia  ( where I bought my first tractor)
Allen Imp  Carson, Ia
Lyman Imp  Lyman, Ia
Sothman Motor Atlantic, Ia
Melglen Equip   Anita, Ia
Johnson Bros.  Kimballton, Ia
Audubon oil  Audubon, Ia
Robinson Imp  Irwin, Ia  (still in business)
Dolittle Alm  Elliott, Ia
?    Clarinda, Ia
 ?     Red Oak, Ia
 ?  Massena, Ia
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 2:49pm
According to my father, back in the 30's to early 40's there were Allis dealers in Middleton Wi. and between Mt. Horeb and Blue Mounds Wi.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Kcgrain View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kcgrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 4:40pm
When I was a kid my dad bought Chrysler Plymouth cars from Zahns Garage in Gillette Wisconsin and they were an Allis Chalmers dealer, but they closed in the 70's and sold cars untill 2000. There was Lons Imp in Lena, WI that started as Murphys,  my uncle did business with Lons for years but that was out of Allis Chalmers in 1985 when Miller St Nazianz bought it and sold Same tractors, remember seeing my first 720 with a bush hog on the back was about 9 fell in love with it had to have one but that took till I was in my 30's, also saw a 440  that was parked there because Farm Progress was close by, got my first AC cap , Lon had a program where you could trade your old hat(full of cow s##t ) for a brand new AC hat than he hung your old one on the wall, if you went to an auction it was a sea of orange. There also was a dealer in Belle Plain WI , Belle Plain imp, that closed in the late 70's early 80's, there was Kuehne Imp in Seymour WI, they quit selling in the 1990's after the duetz disaster but still reamains open as a service garage, and the lady that was part owner is still at Tesch Imp in Seymour....a weath of knowledge would be an undersatement describing her.There was Daun equipment that became D&D in Chilton they were the largest combine dealer east of the Mississippi till the Duetz disaster, there are Daun, and D&D decals all over the midwest.They sold TONS of 6000-7000-8000 tractors use to order them in 27 at a time, now they are still an agco dealer but there main line is CaseIH, again thanks to duetz. Those are the ones I remember in NE Wisconsin. At one time there was a dealer In Dale , Appleton---Art First, Waupaca, Clintonville, Denmark, but they were closed way before my time.
norm[ind] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norm[ind] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 7:17pm
  still looking for the STEINMAN IMP.   POCKET COMB ADV. WAS GOTTEN IN THE AMANA
  COLINES  also have a yardstick from nappanee imp. phone361  now marty&ted inc
  gene told me [now decased] they ghanged their name  when they went into the car business in the early fifties[ord-mercury]
DeanSWMO View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeanSWMO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 7:51pm
Payne Imp. - Bolivar, MO (still open but not a dealer)
Marshfield Mach. - Marshfield, MO (still a dealer)
Payne Imp. - Lebanon, MO (no relation to the one above) (closed)
Powell Imp - Stockton, MO (closed)
Springfield Equip - Springfield, MO (closed)
S&H - Lockwood, MO (still a dealer)
??? - Osceola, MO (closed)

porky View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 9:57pm
Heavner-Wallace, Smithfield NC was open in the late 80's. Building is now Lambert Engines
on NC 210 by junction with US 70
I believe there was a dealer in Knightdale, NC by the rr tracks and Smithfield Rd.

Anyone know of a dealer around Asheville? My CA came from a farm on Reems Creek in Buncombe County, Ford was hugely popular around there.
accoll View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote accoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 3:51pm
Nice article in the last issue of Old Allis News re: Ray Savery dealership in Ann Arbor, Mi.
We lived on farm owned by Ray. He would send out a New WC in the spring to do field work, Around 1944-1946.
twelliott1973 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twelliott1973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 4:01pm
The WD and CA tractors that my great and grandparents farmed with were purchased from Gray-Walker out of Perry, GA.  The dealership later changed name to Walker-Rhodes.
AC WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 11:48pm
Davarn Equipment & Hardware - Pewamo, MI Allis Chalmers, also sold Newholland Implements. (closed 1986)

Patterson and Sons - St Johns, MI (no longer a tractor dealer but he sells OEM NOS parts)

Williams Farm Macheinery - Charlotte, MI (now sells Gleaner, Kubota, and New Holland, also sells OEM parts for allis tractors)

German Shepherd dad
1957 Allis Chalmers WD45
#WD234847
1951 Allis Chalmers WD
#WD88193
myD12 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myD12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 7:10pm
My home town AC dealer was H&H Farm Service in E. Randolph NY. I'm currently looking for a D12 in central Michigan in running condition.
Josh Day View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 8:26pm
Bump for Austin. Hope this helps.
houchens View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houchens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 9:00pm
Close to me there was the Dr. C Huff Co. Allis Chalmers Dealer on Caneyville Rd in Edmonson County, KY, (it closed in 1979); there was also J&J Sales Co. in Glasgow, KY, which sold Allis Chalmers and later Deutz Allis. J&J is still open, and sells Case IH, Agco, and New Idea.

Our 2 185's came from Dr. C Huff, as well as one of our D15's; my grandad did all his business at Dr Huff's, over the years he bought a C, CA, WD45, and D15 from there. Our 6260 Deutz Allis was bought new from J&J Sales in Glasgow.

I'm sure there were other AC dealers in the area, too. It's amazing how many farms around here used Allis Chalmers, I suppose because the dealers were local. We always used, and still use AC, and most of the big dairies and crop farms close to us used the same, some still do.

It's good to see orange at work.
8050 200 7010 185x2 D17-IV D15IIx2 D14 WD45 Deutz Allis 6260 Gleaner Kx2 Gleaner K2 Diesel 2300 discx2 600 and 333 planters 2 AC wagons several AC plows/chisels Rotobalerx2 Other Misc AC Equipment
Austin(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Austin(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 9:06pm
Josh...thanks for bumping this. Want to help me enter them in? lol
"Better By Design"
ctbowles58 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctbowles58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 9:12pm
Around this part of MO. there was[ Harrison motor co. in Hannibal mo.] [Galloway Bros. in Elsberry mo.[Galloway eqpt. co. in Old Monrowe mo.][Heim Eqpt. in Bowling Green mo] across the river in IL. was [Cox Eqpt. in Pittsfield Il.] all within 15 to 50 min. from me. those were good times 60s 70s and early 80s. Thay are all gone now.

Edited by ctbowles58 - 02 Jun 2012 at 5:07am
190XT 2WD45 WF D15 D14 CA BIG10 302 & 303 bailers 77G rake 80R mower 6 plows and alot more
Dennis J OPKs View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis J OPKs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 9:25pm
Here are a few more: Knecht Implement, Paola, Ks., Denker Implement, Elkhorn,Ne., Hancock Implement, Blair, Ne., Mahnke Implement, Omaha and later Fremont, Ne., Rushing Implement, Benson, Ne. and Ruwe Implement, Fremont, Ne.

Dennis J.
Ted in NE-OH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted in NE-OH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 9:30pm
Ticknor Tractor Sales  Jefferson Village Ashtabula County OHIO.

C.W. Ticknor  Was my wife's grandfather. He had a dealership in the 40's
CA, WD, C, 3 Bs, 2 Gs, WC, I-400, 914
WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 9:41pm
My Uncle Albert Kell was an Allis dealer near Cookstown Ontario.Dealership was albert Kell and Son, then Allan and Rose Kell purchased the business and the name changed to K and K farm Equipment in 1977.They sold a great number of Gleaner combines in the 70's and 80's. They sold the first Gleaner "G" in 1968.
Fred Dunlop, G,B,CA, WC,WF, 3 WD45`s,gas, diesel and LP,U,D10 series III, D12,D14,D15 SERIES II,D17 Series IV in Gas and Diesel ,D19 GAS and D21,170 185,210 ,220 an I-600 8070 fwd, 716H and 1920H
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 10:23pm
My CA came from Dailey Equipment in Albany, Illinois phone 585

The rest of the Almanac.
https://plus.google.com/photos/101907304795732239945/albums/5352824942761284417

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 31 May 2012 at 10:35pm
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
allis g View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 10:35pm
My grandpa started McGrath Implement in New Hampton Iowa. The business is still being run by my cousin Steve as Ag Land Implement.  First tractor my grandpa on mothers side bought was an Allis B from McGrath Implement.
Josh Day View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 6:44am
Originally posted by Austin(WI) Austin(WI) wrote:

Josh...thanks for bumping this. Want to help me enter them in? lol
I would if they had the address

Edited by Josh Day - 01 Jun 2012 at 6:44am
tractorman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 8:01am
Within about thirty miles of our farm near westby Wi  there were 4 AC dealers,

Reuben Lorenz  Imp.  La Crosse, Wi

Whers Ac in Bangor Wi

Mashak Imp, in Portland, WI

Mueller Imp, in Viroqua, WI
Play on 38 B 49 WF , working on D14, D15 B10, Bee 12 B110. use 185 and 190
Gil of Wi View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil of Wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 9:45am
Schwartz Imp. in Prairie du Sac Wi. and they moved to Mazomanie Wi. in the 1970s
closed in the late 70s. Bonner Bros  I think in between Mt. Horeb Wi. and Blue Mounds Wi closed in the 60s
"A man who makes no mistakes, dosen't usually make anything"
AllisUpstate View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisUpstate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 10:35am
Roy Company in Branchville, NJ. 

I am still running our old D17 that they did an engine rebuild on in 1982!
They are long out of business, but were the major AC dealer in NW NJ during the 60-70's.
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 12:11pm
Dad bought his 210 new in 73 at McConnel Machinery, Lawrence KS.  they are still in business but are Red dealer now
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Roger Nolin View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Nolin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 5:41pm
R&R Implement also had a dealership in Knoxville Iowa as well as Indianola and there was a Dealership in Newton don't remember name but it cost me 20.00 I bet they had not been closed in 1965 but found out they closed in 1964.
Brubaker and sons in Prairie City Iowa
D%E Implement Corydon Iowa
< id="gwProxy" ="">< jscode="leoInternalChangeDone" ="ifofjsCall==''jsCall;elsesetTimeout'jsCall',500;" id="jsProxy" ="">

Edited by Roger Nolin - 01 Jun 2012 at 5:43pm
Jack(Ky) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack(Ky) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 3:24am

Our local dealer here was Monroe Tractor, Tomkinsville Ky. It lasted in to the early eighties but is gone now. My D14 was bought new there. The next one was J & J Sales in Glasgow Ky. J & J was a large dealer and still sell Agco parts + Caseih and Kubota. There was one in Albany Ky too and the sign is still there but the way I understand it they won't sell the sign.JP

BRYAN P View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRYAN P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 8:48pm
MY DAD PURCHASED HARRIS IMPLEMENT FROM JOHN HARRIS IN 1978 1401 N PORTER NORMAN, OKLAHOMA
catfish_447 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catfish_447 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 8:11am
Here are a few around SE Mo and NE Ark that I know of:
E.F. Delaney and Sons, Holcomb, Mo, later became White Oak Tractor Co. then Johnston Implement, all closed.
Bucey Tractor, Rector Ark.
Farmers Union Gin, Senath, Mo. Closed
Averitt and Son, Dexter, Mo. Closed
Harold Implement, Corning, Ark still open but not an AC dealer any more.
Sikeston Implement, Sikeston, Mo Closed
I don't remember the names of these:
Paragould, Ar
Hayti, Mo
Malden, Mo
There were probably a couple more, I'd just have to look thru some old paperwork to see if I can find any more.
'53 WD, '35 WC
At some point in your life you will need a doctor, lawyer or possibly a politician. But for every day of your life, three meals a day, you will need a farmer.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 11:53am
did anyone ever find or post utah or idaho ones?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic