This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Dealers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Loren View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 7:11am
about 4 years or so some posted a list of all AC dealers that were starting the the 40s
Sponsored Links

Charlie (NC) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie (NC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 7:02am
This is what I remember from eastern NC when I was a boy.  There were dealers in New Bern, Newport, Kinston, Greenville, Williamston and Goldsboro.  That covers roughly a 50 to 60 mile radius from our farm.  The closest ones to us were New Bern, 16 miles, Greenville 30 miles and Kinston 25 miles.  I know there were others further out but can't tell you now where they were.
Herb(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herb(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 6:29am
John, your thoughts were certainly the situation in central KS; IHC and JD had the larger dealerships, and the most dealerships.  Herb
MI8050 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI8050 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 5:12am
I've read a few times Mo. had the most AC dealers, Ohio must have been represented quite well too.  Would be interesting to know for sure.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 11:10pm
I was wondering that myself.  On trips around the west I'll see a bunch of old AC's in an area but there are no dealers of any kind for miles.  I'm guessing there were lots of little gas stations / equipment dealers in small towns.  Now even the gas stations are gone.  I can't imagine someone driving very far to buy a tractor or piece of machinery.  They probably bought whatever was local.  
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Leonard View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 1:48am
Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone had a listing of all the Allis Chalmers dealerships of the past.  The reason I'm asking is I was wondering where they concentrated on.

Thanks in advance.

Leonard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic