This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Dealers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Kbuhmann View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kbuhmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Dealers
    Posted: 13 Oct 2023 at 8:41pm
My grandfather Willy J Buhmann and father William F Buhmann had a dealership in Valparaiso Indiana until the 70’s “Buhmann Implement”.
Sponsored Links

shamrock View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 10:13am
Well as long as this thread is still going ... My great uncle was the silent partner (money) for the AC dealership in Wellsville, NY before, during and after the war. Schoonover was the dealership. My grandfather bought a new WC from them in '46. They had a couple buildings, my dad cut one apart with a chainsaw and put it up on the farm, it was our garage the add posters were still on the wall.  Sometime in the 50's they sold to Paul F Culbert and sons. My dad bought a new D15 in April of '62, i came along in June the same year. Culberts went out in the late 2000's. Was frends of the family ... great people.

200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 7:22pm
Here in Iowa it seemed like every town with a population over 200 people had an AC dealership. Within 18 miles of where I grew up, there were 3 dealerships.
MaddMatt1969 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMatt1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 5:55pm
I know this is 13 years late …
Linimuth’s in Fowlerville MI
Sterlingfixer View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sterlingfixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 9:18am
I remember the A-C dealership in Washington Boro, and found your post while looking for any details about it.

My recollections as a young child... 2 Story wooden building with a coal or wood stove.  Wooden floors, Closed in the early to mid 70's.
When they closed, we need to go to the north of Lancaster to the next nearest dealer.  They also closed perhaps 10 years later.

I can't recall any names or addresses, or any more details.  If you have found any, message me.
Ron Eggen View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Eggen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2022 at 8:11pm
Does anyone have a list of Florida dealers, we are visiting there in June . Thanks .
Berickson66 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berickson66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2022 at 10:28am
Youngberg Implement in Shenandoah Ia then changed hands and became C&M implement about 1974 out of business early 80's. Earl Schenck Corporation in Clarinda Ia went out of business late 80's. Dad worked for Youngberg late 40's ealry 50's , I worked for Schenck 86 to 88.
JoeRepking View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeRepking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2022 at 9:10pm
There was dallas coates in effingham illinois. Right where Walgreens is at now
PAFarmer View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 8:53am
My family had a small Allis dealer for a few years here in SW Pennsylvania.  Sold Fordson for awhile as well.  Sadly, there is a grand sum of 0 pieces of literature or anything like that remaining from that dealership.  

After the family dealership closed down,  Miller Brothers in Springs, PA was were all our stuff came from.  
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 1:08pm
I sold an AC loader to John of Hendersons about 8 years ago , good folks 
JLS retired View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLS retired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 10:54am
Hendersons in Columbia MO. was something else before Lance bought it in the '60s or '70s. I remember being there with dad when it was on old 63 north when brakes started squalling and I stepped out next to the pile of chain saws and mowers in front. tractor trailer took to the dirt shoulder to keep from rear ending a car trying to turn left into the trailer park next door. Hanging meat; truck came to a stop , lifted roadside wheels off the ground, set down, picked back up and entire rig flopped over! driver popped up out of his door like a prairie dog---MAD. family had WD's D15, D17, 180, and 190xt(now daughter's) bunch of implements and a Gleaner.
BPM75 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BPM75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 8:22pm
Wow this is an old thread, Lol. I'm surprised I don't remember it. So I read thru all the posts or at least skimmed and seen all the dealers listed in my area that I knew of except the one that my Grandad always dealt with, where my D17 was sold new.
Dial and Thompson Imp in Toledo IL.
59 D17 gas nf, 66 XT 190, 69 220.
Nate, Chicago View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nate, Chicago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 8:09pm
In Viola, IL there was L&L Implement.
There was one in Alexis, IL not sure of the name
AC McCartney in Durand, IL
Cole Implement Media, IL

I'm getting fond memories of Dad and Grandad calling all these places for parts
Dlesh View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dlesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 6:51pm
Rainforth was the AC dealer in Greeley during the 50s and at least to mid 60s.  Dad bought a new D15 from Rainforth in 63.    We had it repaired once at I believe an AC dealer in Fort Collins.  In the 40s, I believe there was an AC dealer in Nunn Co.  but don't know the name.  Dad bought a C from them. 

Edited by Dlesh - 21 Sep 2021 at 8:30pm
btred1466 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btred1466 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 10:44pm
Ohio Allis Chalmers Dealers, March 1977

I found this Magazine Page posted on here back in February 20, 2019.

taAdams(OH) Shared this information with me in another topic:

"Puster's AC was east of Ashland on 250, Stinmentz was in Loudonville and there was a big dealer in Wooster. Allis Chalmers is always our biggest showing of equipment.

Puster's was out east of Ashland, Fin, Feather, Fur was in it before they built the present building"

Does anyone know anything about Strasburg, OHIO having an AC Dealer? Location?
Where the one was in Bolivar, OHIO located?

The AC Dealer in Wooster was behind the Fairgrounds, Swift Auto Parts Building. That would have been the sight to see back in the 60 and 70's AC Dealer, IH Dealer, Oliver Dealer, up the road, around the Wayne County Fairgrounds.

Edited by btred1466 - 21 Sep 2021 at 10:06pm
LaJaMe View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaJaMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 11:14pm
Of the top of my head past dewalerships
Meier Impliment - Sout Wayne  ( MY Dad 55-61 )
Ostby - Argyle
Foster - Warren Il  j ust across the borded
???? - New Glarus
Arn (I think) - Oregon
Johnson - Albian
These are the ones that were in my Dad's district
There was also a warehouse on Hwy 51 on the East side of Madison were we picked up parts and equipment

sparky View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 5:53pm
I have a Cooley Motors tractor.

Edited by sparky - 06 Dec 2020 at 5:53pm
It's the color tractor my grandpa had!
dfh9036 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfh9036 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 4:38pm
Cooley Motors, Muscoda, WI
Schartner Implement, Sturgeon Bay, WI

Mike/Paducah, KY View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike/Paducah, KY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 2:57pm
East Prairie MO.  Hopgood tractor Co.,  Finley Hopgood, 
Charleston, MO. Charleston Equipment Co., Tom White
Grand Chain, IL.  Hale Implement Co., Raymond Hale
Gordonville, MO.  Gordonville Equipment Co
Barlow, KY. Dan's Implement Co. I believe he also sold Ford equipment
Clinton, KY Not sure of the name, nice fellow, he brought an Agco tractor to our antique  tractor show when we featured AC, I was president of the club at that time.
Mayfield and Wingo KY. Johnson Bros. I was told they sold a ton of tractors and combines. You still see several older tractors and a few 7000 series in the area.
Chaffee, MO. Clyde Lynn Jr., My dad opened the dealership in about 1954 and lasted until 1960. My dad worked as a salesman for Mr Tom White who owned Charleston Equipment Co.  Mr White helped my Dad get his dealership and was a friend over the years.
Sikeston, MO. Sikeston Farm Equipment, George Delaney, his son Joey was a good friend and we use to drop by after school and look at the new and used tractors. Great folks!

john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 10:52am
There was one on County H near Cuba City, WI.  I don't know the name.

There is an Dealer out on the Highway near Platteville WI that I believe is the same dealer that was on H.  Last time I was over that way it was still open.  That woulda been 2011.

There is one that is still operating, west of Ann Arbor MI. Diuble is the name, spelling?  I rebuilt my 5020 mower from the parts I got from them.  I also got all of the D14 manuals from them.

When I was over in Ontario, east of Sarnia it seemed there was one on every country road you drove down. 
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
ryan(IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan(IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by only AC orange only AC orange wrote:

Shafer Implement, Swayzee, In
Schaumleffel Implement (later Modern Farm Sales), Marion, In.
Baker Implement, Warren, In.
Huffman Implement, Hartford City, In.
Greentown Implement, Greentown, In.
Affolder Implement, Berne, In.
Wabash County Farm Bureau Co-op, Wabash, In
Truelove Bros. Implement, Albion, In.

Affolders and truelove are the only ones still AGCO on the list.
There was also Moser Implement in Bluffton, IN
ryan
1984 8070 FWA,1979 7060,1975 7040,1971 190,1960 D-17D,1957 D-14, 196? D-19G, 1975 5040,1971? 160,1994 R62
only AC orange View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote only AC orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 10:53am
Shafer Implement, Swayzee, In
Schaumleffel Implement (later Modern Farm Sales), Marion, In.
Baker Implement, Warren, In.
Huffman Implement, Hartford City, In.
Greentown Implement, Greentown, In.
Affolder Implement, Berne, In.
Wabash County Farm Bureau Co-op, Wabash, In
Truelove Bros. Implement, Albion, In.
dfh9036 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfh9036 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 10:40am
Whitehouse-Humphrey in Danville, Ky. They sold Allis Chalmers, Massey Ferguson, Kubota and New Idea. 
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 9:13am
Funny you mention Marshalltown Iowa, when I worked at Maytag in Jefferson City- there used to be a trucking company -Midland- and the driver was Howard Mason, he ran the transfers back and forth from Newton Iowa to JC,  then Maytag moved our factory to Mexico and later I heard Midland may have closed up too small world sometimes
midwestmac View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midwestmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 8:35am
P&W Implement  Donahue IA
Jerry Peterson & Eugene Wuestenberg were co owners for 40 years

There was also a dealer in Dewitt.  I believe it was Schunter Imp.
There was also a dealer in Clinton but I don't know the name

I live north of Marshalltown now.
Central Iowa Farm Store in Marshalltown is still going.
There parts man has been there around 39 years.
7045 and 7060 were the hot selling tractors when he started
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 9:00pm
we had bullens equipment  in logan utah,   and modern farms in preston idaho
dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 12:57am
Dad bought a used 200 from Kings back in the day. In the late 90s we drove by the old dealership after it was closed and King was outside. He showed us the old dealership building, gave me a bunch of old allis chalmers pens that were in a drawer in the shop and even gave me an orange cap dealer poster that was still up on the shop wall. It was a great day for young allis chalmers fan like myself. 
caledonian View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caledonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 5:59pm
The ones we did business with were Hancock Farm Equip which at one time had stores in Herman, Tekamah and Blair Nebraska and Mahnke Implement in Fremont Nebraska. King Implement became Summit Lake Implement was in Tekamah after Hancock's moved everything to Blair. So we had three AC dealers within 25 miles of us.
spauley View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spauley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 7:46pm
My Dad L.E. Pauley ran Harris Implement in Norman and Goldsby in the 70's and early 80's
spauley View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spauley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 7:45pm
My Dad L.E. Pauley ran Harris Implement in Norman and Goldsby in the 70's and early 80's
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic