[Main Page] [Owners Registry] [Allis Store] [Parts Etc.]
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC 7060 air Conditioner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC 426 power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC 7060 air Conditioner
    Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 3:42pm
Do they make kits to Redo the AC?
Sponsored Links

GM Guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 4:38pm
re-do how? convert to R134A, or to rebuild the compressor?
Gleaner: the properly engineered and built combine.

If you need parts for your Gleaner, we are parting out A's through L2's, so we may be able to help.
T.J. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 7:26am
They usually don't need everything. Whole hose \ line replacement kits are available. What is it doing. I try not to throw the baby out with the bath water. The line from the compressor to the condenser takes the highest heat and pressure combination and is the most likely line to need replacement. Otherwise rub throughs and failure from stuff laying on the lines over time cause failure. Compressor shaft seal may be most common leak at this age. I usually replace the receiver drier. These tractors are tending to occasionally have stress cracks or rub throughs where the bolts go through the condenser. If the systems been open awhile it needs flushed.
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 9:02am
physics - r134a molecules are much smaller than R12.  We discovered to be true what we though was a old wifes tale that the R134a would seep out everywhere.
On older systems the compressor shaft seal, rear compressor cap edges, and mostly even the hoses will very slowly 'seep' 134a.  New hoses are 'barrier' type and will not seep.  However it is much less expensive to add a can or two a year than to replace all the ho$e$ and the labor it takes.  Most of the older AC's used std hose ends and can be put on the new hoses.   Another are to watch for is where the low pressure hose runs close to the fuel filler cap.  Not that anyone slosh fuel fuel on the hoes or anything and deteriorate the hose.... :-)
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 9:08am
AP Air, inc in Iowa will have most of what your 7060 may require. They have updated kits. I did my tractor with them about 4 years ago and its still good. I purchased components from AP and then paid a local heat/air guy to leak test, vac, & charge entire system.
Mike Kroupa View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Kroupa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 11:00am
I've converted many systems through the years. If the entire a/c system is still viable,(holding some R-12, hoses good condition, comp. shaft seal ok).I then just change out the receiver dryer, vac. down and ck. to see if it holds vacuum. If it cks. then add R134a. until it starts to cool, usually 2-2.5 12 oz. cans. Also the first can added is one with make-up oil and sealer. Do not over fill as system will not cool. Good luck, Mike
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 12:42pm
i've replaced both the dryer and compressor on my 7010, all from local auto parts store, i replaced the compressor on my 7080 with one off and old cadillac that had a new one on it!
T.J. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 8:17pm
Shameless, I'm hearing what your saying about the junkyard compressor. I like to watch in combine junkyards. Its alot easier to live with an old tractor with bad A/C than an old combine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic