Unofficial Allis Homepage
[Main Page] [Owners Registry] [Allis Store] [Parts Etc.]
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Politics
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why we have wars

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message
Goose View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 07 Oct 2009
Location: Melrose, Wis
Status: Offline
Points: 2090
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why we have wars
    Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 2:03pm
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Location: Afton MN
Status: Offline
Points: 27735
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 2:07pm
We need to save the polar bears also - they keep them dang seals from overpopulation , also the polar bears prevent seals from being taken by man . 
 Why do we have war - well why do we have murders in Chicago - after all guns are banned there so no one is armed but the cops ? 
YOU DON'T THINK YOUR WAY TO A NEW WAY OF LIVING --
YOU LIVE YOUR WAY TO A NEW WAY OF THINKING ..
Back to Top
Goose View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 07 Oct 2009
Location: Melrose, Wis
Status: Offline
Points: 2090
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 2:17pm
Why we need to give to all those wonderful and fabulous rich people.
Back to Top
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Location: PA
Status: Offline
Points: 7701
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Goose Goose wrote:

Why we need to give to all those wonderful and fabulous rich people.
 
 What a dumbass remark.  Who's ever suggested that the govt "give" money to rich people like they do to poor people?
“His name is, uh… Richard Starkey. From Maine. He has a saying. ‘Things are getting better, getting better all the time.’ “
Back to Top
Goose View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 07 Oct 2009
Location: Melrose, Wis
Status: Offline
Points: 2090
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 3:06pm
Back to Top
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Location: Afton MN
Status: Offline
Points: 27735
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 3:17pm
Why stop at the poverty line - lets make the MINIMUM WAGE $50 a hour , after all who can live on less than $2,000 a week and have a 5,000 sq ft house, new car, new truck, new boat, 50" flat screen, cable service, cell phone for every family member, country club membership, health club membership, and hire a nanny without that income. 
 It only those rich businesses that hoard the profit they squeeze from the poor who can afford those luxuries now and those thing are guaranteed by the constitution 
 In fact why stop at minimum of $50 - everyone should make at least $100 a hour - then everyone can afford the things those filthy rich have - we all can have free Bubble Up and Rainbow Pie then . 
 Well except for those of us who are on SS as we will have to come up with a way to buy those $25 hamburgers at McDonalds and the $30 bag of fries along with the 8oz drink for $25 a cup.

Lets see the cost of a car now is about $30,000 and about 1/3 of the cost is in labor costs along with labor legacy costs . Auto worker takes home $30 a hour so raising it to $60 a hour - well that only adds about $10,000 to car price . A bargain- and gas at $4.00 a gallon will only cost $10 or so when the cost of the store clerk in the self service station raises to $50 a hour .


Edited by Coke-in-MN - 25 Mar 2013 at 3:22pm
YOU DON'T THINK YOUR WAY TO A NEW WAY OF LIVING --
YOU LIVE YOUR WAY TO A NEW WAY OF THINKING ..
Back to Top
Goose View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 07 Oct 2009
Location: Melrose, Wis
Status: Offline
Points: 2090
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 3:22pm
So, Coke, what you're saying is that the poor people deserve to be poor and they better shut up and take their medicine, just so you can buy your Big Mac cheap. Right?
Oh, and fast food joints don't make any money and that's why they all need to be on food stamps so you and I can pay for it.
 


Edited by Goose - 25 Mar 2013 at 3:23pm
Back to Top
427435 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 18 Nov 2010
Location: SE Minnesota
Status: Offline
Points: 11382
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 427435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by TomYaz TomYaz wrote:

Originally posted by Goose Goose wrote:

Why we need to give to all those wonderful and fabulous rich people.
 
 What a dumbass remark.  Who's ever suggested that the govt "give" money to rich people like they do to poor people?


Come on, Tom.  You're smarter than that.  What do you think all the tax breaks and loopholes that only really favor the rich are doing?  When capital gains are only taxed at 15% (now 20%) instead of the 30+% that a salary can be taxed at, it's nothing but a handout to the rich.


Mark
B10, 917, 7790 Simplicity

Ignorance is curable-----stupidity is not.
Back to Top
Dennis IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Status: Offline
Points: 5125
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 3:26pm
Nobody needs to be poor that doesn't want to be. They just have to get off their ass and do something about it if they don't like it.
HE WHO KNEELS BEFORE GOD CAN STAND BEFORE ANY MAN
Back to Top
Goose View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 07 Oct 2009
Location: Melrose, Wis
Status: Offline
Points: 2090
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Dennis IL Dennis IL wrote:

Nobody needs to be poor that doesn't want to be. They just have to get off their ass and do something about it if they don't like it.
Tell that to a person in a wheelchair. I dare you.

Edited by Goose - 25 Mar 2013 at 3:28pm
Back to Top
Dennis IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Status: Offline
Points: 5125
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 3:29pm
Franklin roosevelt was in a wheelchair too!
HE WHO KNEELS BEFORE GOD CAN STAND BEFORE ANY MAN
Back to Top
Goose View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 07 Oct 2009
Location: Melrose, Wis
Status: Offline
Points: 2090
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Dennis IL Dennis IL wrote:

Nobody needs to be poor that doesn't want to be. They just have to get off their ass and do something about it if they don't like it.
Sorry Dennis, but it is obvious that you have led a sheltered life. You make it sound like people are ONLY poor because they don't want to work and they can remedy it simply by getting a job.
If it were only that simple.
You don't know the hardships people have had to endure. More often than not, being poor is not a choice.
Back to Top
Goose View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 07 Oct 2009
Location: Melrose, Wis
Status: Offline
Points: 2090
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Dennis IL Dennis IL wrote:

Franklin roosevelt was in a wheelchair too!
Okay, so would you tell Franklin Roosevelt to GET OFF HIS ASS?
Back to Top
Dennis IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Status: Offline
Points: 5125
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 3:39pm
A sheltered Life LOL! you are truely a class A idiot LOL! ...... I have no reason to have told Roosevelt to get off his ass. I however have no problem telliny you to pull your head out of your ass! LOL!

Edited by Dennis IL - 25 Mar 2013 at 11:20pm
HE WHO KNEELS BEFORE GOD CAN STAND BEFORE ANY MAN
Back to Top
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Location: Afton MN
Status: Offline
Points: 27735
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 3:48pm
So I could say BO HU - I am poor OR I could get a job and advance in the company until I was the highest paid union member working there - well except for the Union Prez who also worked there and had a line in contract he would get paid the same as highest paid Union Member. 
 There also i could take what extra I had above living expense and buy construction equipment to work part time doing excavating. I could use other spare time to go to classes to get certified and get a state license for septic work and design. 
 Then in other spare time I could go to school to learn welding, machinist work, and when those fields did not earn enough I could start a business also servicing Class 8 trucks, and when all else take a low pressure engineering class to get boiler license, keep up with my CDL license, and then go back to school and get a AAS Degree to get a Building Inspection certificate. 
 And then to make sure of things I seldom go to fast food places but eat at home. 
AND all this time I and my wife decided that her not working outside the home was best for family so for 40 years she did not work outside the home , but she did teach ceramics and china painting and lace draping here out of our house .
 Ah yes the pity party is better and say it's those evil rich who will not share that create all the problems . LETS TAKE THEIR MONEY and property and give it to those who want to set on their A** . 

YOU DON'T THINK YOUR WAY TO A NEW WAY OF LIVING --
YOU LIVE YOUR WAY TO A NEW WAY OF THINKING ..
Back to Top
Goose View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 07 Oct 2009
Location: Melrose, Wis
Status: Offline
Points: 2090
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 3:48pm

Dennis,

Funny you mention Franklin Roosevelt. Obviously you admire him, yet he is the president who started all kinds of social programs for the unemployed and poor - the people you say are lazy.

So, you are sending mixed messages.

 

New Deal

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Top left: The Tennessee Valley Authority, part of the New Deal, being signed into law in 1933.
Top right: Franklin Delano Roosevelt, who was responsible for initiatives and programs collectively known as the New Deal.
Bottom: A public mural from one of the artists employed by the New Deal.

The New Deal was a series of economic programs enacted in the United States between 1933 and 1936. They involved presidential executive orders or laws passed by Congress during the first term of President Franklin D. Roosevelt. The programs were in response to the Great Depression, and focused on what historians call the "3 Rs": Relief, Recovery, and Reform. That is, Relief for the unemployed and poor; Recovery of the economy to normal levels; and Reform of the financial system to prevent a repeat depression.[1]

The New Deal produced a political realignment, making the Democratic Party the majority (as well as the party that held the White House for seven out of nine Presidential terms from 1933 to 1969), with its base in liberal ideas, the white South, traditional Democrats, big city machines, and the newly empowered labor unions and ethnic minorities. The Republicans were split, with conservatives opposing the entire New Deal as an enemy of business and growth, and liberals accepting some of it and promising to make it more efficient. The realignment crystallized into the New Deal Coalition that dominated most presidential elections into the 1960s, while the opposition Conservative Coalition largely controlled Congress from 1937 to 1963. By 1936 the term "liberal" typically was used for supporters of the New Deal, and "conservative" for its opponents. From 1934 to 1938, Roosevelt was assisted in his endeavours by a “pro-spender” majority in Congress (drawn from two-party, competitive, non-machine, Progressive, and Left party districts). As noted by Alexander Hicks, “Roosevelt, backed by rare, non-Southern Democrat majorities -270 non-Southern Democrat representatives and 71 non-Southern Democrat senators-spelled Second New Deal reform.”[2]

Many historians distinguish between a "First New Deal" (1933–34) and a "Second New Deal" (1935–38), with the second one more liberal and more controversial. The "First New Deal" (1933–34) dealt with diverse groups, from banking and railroads to industry and farming, all of which demanded help for economic survival. The Federal Emergency Relief Administration, for instance, provided $500 million for relief operations by states and cities, while the short-lived CWA (Civil Works Administration) gave localities money to operate make-work projects in 1933-34.[3]

The "Second New Deal" in 1935–38 included the Wagner Act to promote labor unions, the Works Progress Administration (WPA) relief program (which made the federal government by far the largest single employer in the nation),[4] the Social Security Act, and new programs to aid tenant farmers and migrant workers. The final major items of New Deal legislation were the creation of the United States Housing Authority and Farm Security Administration, both in 1937, and the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938, which set maximum hours and minimum wages for most categories of workers.[5]

The economic downturn of 1937–38, and the bitter split between the AFL and CIO labor unions led to major Republican gains in Congress in 1938. Conservative Republicans and Democrats in Congress joined in the informal Conservative Coalition. By 1942–43 they shut down relief programs such as the WPA and CCC and blocked major liberal proposals. Roosevelt himself turned his attention to the war effort, and won reelection in 1940 and 1944. The Supreme Court declared the National Recovery Administration (NRA) and the first version of the Agricultural Adjustment Act (AAA) unconstitutional, however the AAA was rewritten and then upheld. As the first Republican president elected after FDR, Dwight D. Eisenhower (1953–61) left the New Deal largely intact, even expanding it in some areas.[6] In the 1960s, Lyndon B. Johnson's Great Society used the New Deal as inspiration for a dramatic expansion of liberal programs, which Republican Richard M. Nixon generally retained. After 1974, however, the call for deregulation of the economy gained bipartisan support.[7] The New Deal regulation of banking (Glass–Steagall Act) was suspended in the 1990s. Many New Deal programs remain active, with some still operating under the original names, including the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), the Federal Crop Insurance Corporation (FCIC), the Federal Housing Administration (FHA), and the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA). The largest programs still in existence today are the Social Security System and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

Back to Top
427435 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 18 Nov 2010
Location: SE Minnesota
Status: Offline
Points: 11382
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 427435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Dennis IL Dennis IL wrote:

Nobody needs to be poor that doesn't want to be. They just have to get off their ass and do something about it if they don't like it.


Yeah, sure.  Try telling that to these people.



Mark
B10, 917, 7790 Simplicity

Ignorance is curable-----stupidity is not.
Back to Top
Dennis IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Status: Offline
Points: 5125
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Goose Goose wrote:

Dennis,

Funny you mention Franklin Roosevelt. Obviously you admire him, yet he is the president who started all kinds of social programs for the unemployed and poor - the people you say are lazy.

So, you are sending mixed messages.

 

New Deal

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Top left: The Tennessee Valley Authority, part of the New Deal, being signed into law in 1933.
Top right: Franklin Delano Roosevelt, who was responsible for initiatives and programs collectively known as the New Deal.
Bottom: A public mural from one of the artists employed by the New Deal.

The New Deal was a series of economic programs enacted in the United States between 1933 and 1936. They involved presidential executive orders or laws passed by Congress during the first term of President Franklin D. Roosevelt. The programs were in response to the Great Depression, and focused on what historians call the "3 Rs": Relief, Recovery, and Reform. That is, Relief for the unemployed and poor; Recovery of the economy to normal levels; and Reform of the financial system to prevent a repeat depression.[1]

The New Deal produced a political realignment, making the Democratic Party the majority (as well as the party that held the White House for seven out of nine Presidential terms from 1933 to 1969), with its base in liberal ideas, the white South, traditional Democrats, big city machines, and the newly empowered labor unions and ethnic minorities. The Republicans were split, with conservatives opposing the entire New Deal as an enemy of business and growth, and liberals accepting some of it and promising to make it more efficient. The realignment crystallized into the New Deal Coalition that dominated most presidential elections into the 1960s, while the opposition Conservative Coalition largely controlled Congress from 1937 to 1963. By 1936 the term "liberal" typically was used for supporters of the New Deal, and "conservative" for its opponents. From 1934 to 1938, Roosevelt was assisted in his endeavours by a “pro-spender” majority in Congress (drawn from two-party, competitive, non-machine, Progressive, and Left party districts). As noted by Alexander Hicks, “Roosevelt, backed by rare, non-Southern Democrat majorities -270 non-Southern Democrat representatives and 71 non-Southern Democrat senators-spelled Second New Deal reform.”[2]

Many historians distinguish between a "First New Deal" (1933–34) and a "Second New Deal" (1935–38), with the second one more liberal and more controversial. The "First New Deal" (1933–34) dealt with diverse groups, from banking and railroads to industry and farming, all of which demanded help for economic survival. The Federal Emergency Relief Administration, for instance, provided $500 million for relief operations by states and cities, while the short-lived CWA (Civil Works Administration) gave localities money to operate make-work projects in 1933-34.[3]

The "Second New Deal" in 1935–38 included the Wagner Act to promote labor unions, the Works Progress Administration (WPA) relief program (which made the federal government by far the largest single employer in the nation),[4] the Social Security Act, and new programs to aid tenant farmers and migrant workers. The final major items of New Deal legislation were the creation of the United States Housing Authority and Farm Security Administration, both in 1937, and the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938, which set maximum hours and minimum wages for most categories of workers.[5]

The economic downturn of 1937–38, and the bitter split between the AFL and CIO labor unions led to major Republican gains in Congress in 1938. Conservative Republicans and Democrats in Congress joined in the informal Conservative Coalition. By 1942–43 they shut down relief programs such as the WPA and CCC and blocked major liberal proposals. Roosevelt himself turned his attention to the war effort, and won reelection in 1940 and 1944. The Supreme Court declared the National Recovery Administration (NRA) and the first version of the Agricultural Adjustment Act (AAA) unconstitutional, however the AAA was rewritten and then upheld. As the first Republican president elected after FDR, Dwight D. Eisenhower (1953–61) left the New Deal largely intact, even expanding it in some areas.[6] In the 1960s, Lyndon B. Johnson's Great Society used the New Deal as inspiration for a dramatic expansion of liberal programs, which Republican Richard M. Nixon generally retained. After 1974, however, the call for deregulation of the economy gained bipartisan support.[7] The New Deal regulation of banking (Glass–Steagall Act) was suspended in the 1990s. Many New Deal programs remain active, with some still operating under the original names, including the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), the Federal Crop Insurance Corporation (FCIC), the Federal Housing Administration (FHA), and the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA). The largest programs still in existence today are the Social Security System and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

I don't admire Roosevelt I simply used him as an example. I can list a lot more examples of very successful disabled people as well! they just need to get off their asses! either litterally or figuratively. Nobody said it's easy you just have to apply yourself end of story!
HE WHO KNEELS BEFORE GOD CAN STAND BEFORE ANY MAN
Back to Top
Goose View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 07 Oct 2009
Location: Melrose, Wis
Status: Offline
Points: 2090
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 4:11pm
Dennis,
Have you ever come down with a disabling disease while trying to support a wife and kids? Have you ever been in an accident that left you paralyzed? Have you ever lost a job because the business closed and you have to travel across the country to find another one? 
You make it sound so simple - "you just have to apply yourself."
Yeah, poor people need to be hated. That's how the political scene has you brainwashed. It's better to attack the poor. After all - they're easy targets when they're down on their luck.
 
 
Back to Top
Goose View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 07 Oct 2009
Location: Melrose, Wis
Status: Offline
Points: 2090
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 4:25pm
For that matter, did you grow up in Watts or Harlem and have no money to get out of your situation? God forbid you ask the government for help to get out of your environment!

Edited by Goose - 25 Mar 2013 at 4:25pm
Back to Top
Dennis IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Status: Offline
Points: 5125
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 4:32pm
Goose, I had a broken back and lost feeling in my legs. I went through P.T. for a year and the doctor told me that I would most likely drag my right leg for the rest of my life. I said "BS! we'll just see about that!"  I had surgery and now have a back full of titanium. I fought like hell in P.T. and actually returned to my Job before I was laid off from it. I walk fine now because NOBODY! is going to tell me I can't! I won't go for that!
I was stabbed in the side under the left arm during a tussle with a bad guy I was arresting that collapsed a lung and I returned to work.
I was in a car crash during a high speed pursuit that put me in a coma for three days and when I woke up they put me back into a coma (intentionally) so I wouldn't have to deal with the pain of a broken collar bone, 4 snapped ribs, a broken jaw, and a broken nose. I went back to work!
I died on the operating table in 2011 (heart condition) and was brought back by the doctors and was told not to exert myself I said "BS! I'll build myself back up again and I was cultivating sweetcorn 2 weeks after I got out of the hospital.
As usual you have no clue what in hell you are talking about. I don't like poor me babies! they are panzy asses like you!..... Again nobody said it's simple dummy! you just have to apply yourself.
HE WHO KNEELS BEFORE GOD CAN STAND BEFORE ANY MAN
Back to Top
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Location: Afton MN
Status: Offline
Points: 27735
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 4:36pm
Yes I lost my job and retirement after 39 1/2 years when company filed Bankruptcy. At the same time my wife had a heart attach and became pertinently disabled. 
 lets see my neighbor who is black said he had 2 choices when he lived in Harlem - get a education or die - he choose education and became a nurse.
 It's easy to find examples of the so called down trodden as they seem to be crying the loudest - OH POOR ME - but to find those who have said i have 2 choices and I choose life and then rise above their surroundings - well they seem to just work and strive to advance . 
 A young black girl who worked for me in school found out her mother had taken out 10 credit card in her name and she so called owed over $10,000 in debt yet she had not turned 18 yet . well it has taken her a few years to clear her name- but she is now a manager in a retail store , is raising her own family and has moved on and above her surroundings   
YOU DON'T THINK YOUR WAY TO A NEW WAY OF LIVING --
YOU LIVE YOUR WAY TO A NEW WAY OF THINKING ..
Back to Top
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 19445
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 5:07pm
goosie... are you dumb enough to think 100% of the people on welfare or food stamps, or free housing and needing it ?? Close to 50% of the population pays NO INCOME TAX.. Conservatives know there is a small percentage of people that need and deserve help.. BUT NOT 50% of the population... Dennis is right, kick 80% of those on the system OFF. NO WORK, NO EAT.
like them all, but collect the little Bs.
Back to Top
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 19445
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 5:10pm
goosie, you think the rich bankers start and control all wars ?  Explain what was the point of WW1 WW2 Korea Vietnam ... where did the bankers start and get rich ?? JUST MORE SOCIALIST BS.
like them all, but collect the little Bs.
Back to Top
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 19445
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 5:15pm
the rich EARN their money... The 15% tax on savings is not for the rich, it is for all. YOUR SAVINGS AND INVESTMENTS.. Where do you think your retirement money came from 4 to 7 ?????? ... hypocrite ?
like them all, but collect the little Bs.
Back to Top
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Status: Offline
Points: 3975
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 5:26pm
Theodore Roosevelt overcame Asthma and Heart trouble by physically exerting himself.Franklin Roosevelt Teddy's second cousin overcame Polio by physical exertion. Both were very determined men and master politicians who knew how to speak to the public and endorse programs that garnered them votes. Each took his adversity and made themselves but each also had a family fortune to fall back on. I admire Harry Truman more because he lost his business to bankruptcy but paid off his creditors and never really was wealthy until his family sold the farm and Harry sold his memoirs. Even then Harry would be considered a pauper next to the Roosevelt's or today's politicians! Someone with a disability should receive a helping hand but not lifetime security.When people know they are going to be taken care of without working they loose their sense of worth!
Back to Top
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 5704
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

the rich EARN their money... The 15% tax on savings is not for the rich, it is for all. YOUR SAVINGS AND INVESTMENTS.. Where do you think your retirement money came from 4 to 7 ?????? ... hypocrite ?




You are a dog!!! you just keep regurgitating the same thing, lapping it back up, and regurgitating it all over again!!!! LOL!!!!


I think we will start calling you BARF!
2 D14's, WD45, 5020, Big 10, 612H.
Back to Top
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Status: Offline
Points: 3975
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 5:43pm
As for your posting about wars Goose you do not even know what your talking about! The American Revolution was fought to make rich men richer according to your post but who had more to loose the rich or the common people? I say the rich because they wrote and published papers enticing rebellion against the King who would have hanged any of them had he caught them! As for the Civil War as Lincoln said "As I am not a slave nor would I be a master"many laws and a supreme court decision were passed before the Civil War that decreed a Black man was not more than cattle or if he escaped no one could aid him under penalty of law and imprisonment.And if you believe World War two was fought to make men wealthy then what happened to 20 million Russians,6 million Jews and untold millions of French, Chinese ,Dutch,Slavs,British,Koreans. But your post was correct about psychopaths as we know what Hitler and the Nazis and the Japanese Militarists did in World War Two! 
Back to Top
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Location: Gambrills, MD
Status: Online
Points: 10087
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 5:44pm
To recap, goosy loosey supports hippy dippy, while dr flyin johnniepot, phd rants on!Wacko
Back to Top
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level
Avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Location: PA
Status: Offline
Points: 7701
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by 427435 427435 wrote:

Originally posted by TomYaz TomYaz wrote:

Originally posted by Goose Goose wrote:

Why we need to give to all those wonderful and fabulous rich people.
 
 What a dumbass remark.  Who's ever suggested that the govt "give" money to rich people like they do to poor people?


Come on, Tom.  You're smarter than that.  What do you think all the tax breaks and loopholes that only really favor the rich are doing?  When capital gains are only taxed at 15% (now 20%) instead of the 30+% that a salary can be taxed at, it's nothing but a handout to the rich.


 
 
Hey numnuts, you cannot "give" to someone what they already owned to begin with.

And only a moron like this Carlin and company would think someone keeping what they earned is the same as the govt literally "giving" something to someone who never earned it.
 


Edited by TomYaz - 25 Mar 2013 at 6:03pm
“His name is, uh… Richard Starkey. From Maine. He has a saying. ‘Things are getting better, getting better all the time.’ “
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03
Copyright ©2001-2011 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.156 seconds.


Help Support the
Unofficial Allis Forum