This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD 5 RESTORATION COMPLETE ''IT'S SHOWTIME"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD 5 RESTORATION COMPLETE ''IT'S SHOWTIME"
    Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 12:35pm
OK GUYS, Here's a time line and photo recap if anyone missed the earlier posts
3-11-12  Was sitting here since 1994 long enough for the brush to take over

12-23-12  2 days before Christmas, the day we picked it up. (kind of like an early Christmas present for AC guys)

3-28-13 were off to the antique equipment display at the REDWOOD REGION LOGGING CONFERENCE EUREKA, CA.  MARCH 14-16  Were also taking it's younger brother the HD6. Should be some good conversation pieces and we do speak AC affluently. We'll post more pics when we return
Sponsored Links

EricPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 2:04pm
Very Beautiful!
Life is tough,but it's tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 4:50pm
Great job. Another one saved from the scrap metal dealer.
firecowallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firecowallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 5:38pm
great job what did u all have to do to her and if u dont mind what kind of funds doses it take to save a girl like her would love to have one like that i pushed a lot of dirt and broke a lot of ground with a machine like that . all i can say is wow is she pretty with  her sunday duds on  
allis g 7045 200 wd45 wd45d c ca 6080 u
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 8:13pm
Gotta Love those HD5 and HD6!!!

Keep up the Good Work AC Mel... someday I hope my 6 will look half as good.  

Thanks for the wonderful post and updates on this project.  Orangeman
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 8:15pm
Pretty and pretty darned awesome job, you need to add a youtube video of the old girl a working.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 8:44pm
Mel, That sure turned out looking good.
...to good. Was thinking I need to send my HD 5, 15 and 19 to you to apply your "magic touch' to them...But they would need much much more help than what yours did.  LOL
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 8:55pm
Very cute- nice job!
Lee Bradley View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Bradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 12:14pm
Very nice job. Hardly ever see one with the fenders still on it. Looks like the previous owner put new tracks on it and broke the axle soon after and said enough. 
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 7:37pm
You have done ONE AWESOME JOB in such a short time.......we feel very included here on the forum because you let us be "in" right from the very start. Did you have to do anything to the engine or did everything "keep" since 1994? I don't imagine it was ever started while the trees were growing through? Thanks again for posting it all!!! 
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 8:53pm
Thumbs Up  
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
ACcrazy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 10:11am
Awesome job, Mel! Absolutely killer.

Thanks for the heads up on the logging conference. I'll be attending and hope to meet you. Definitely bringing my camera!

Bruce
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 9:25pm
That is simply amazing!!! Awesome job. Darrel
allischalmerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 11:25pm
wow! hard to believe it is the same machine! way to go!
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1957 D17...retired in Iowa,
AllisChalmers37 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisChalmers37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 11:40pm
That's amazing!!!! I don't know how you done it so quickly but I am extremely jealous. haha
1937 WC, 1950 CA, 1959 D14, 1967 190XT, 2006 Ram 3500
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2013 at 1:11am
You boys really deserve a beer and congradulations for all your fine work. !
Just need a video of it now making some noise and smoke [should be easy for the 'general'] doing some work !
Cheers from NZ Beer
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 12:19am
yeah...GREAT job! i couldn't believe the rams weren't rusty sitting there all those years!
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 6:28pm
Nice Job of bringing back a treasure - A diamond in the rough that now sparkles like a Crown Jewel.  
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
The Consultator View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Consultator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 9:40am
Amazing work! I need to add a crawler to my garage!
1939 Allis-Chalmers "B" restored in 2010- very good condition.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 10:05am
I did a HD5B with similar blade setup and also with the broken axle thing - must have been a common thing in abusing them machines , to much strain back onto the outboard bearing area and axle . 
 I removed all that linkage for lifting blade and built a hard noze support to hold 36" cylinders to lift and lower blade . Mine has a blade that pivoted on center pip and had side rails that pinned to U frame so blade could be angled .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
The Consultator View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Consultator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 10:07am
Very cool! It's great to see these machines brought to life!
1939 Allis-Chalmers "B" restored in 2010- very good condition.
dustydoo View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 6:51am
Very nice ,the graphics make the job complete !!!
Hubnut View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 7:20am
Gorgeous!  I'd sure like to see a video of her going.
1940 B "Lucy"
1941 B w/ Woods L59 "Flavia"
1942 B w/ finish mower "Dick"
1941 C w/ 3-point "Maggie"
1947 C SFW w/ L306 "Trixie"
1972 314H
GreenMule View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenMule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 8:28am
VeryFine job, Glad you saved her thanks for sharing the photos
rickv57 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickv57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 12:44pm
A very nice work there, super nice
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 6:21pm
5 year old post, hate to burst any bubbles...Wink
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 9:34pm
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 12:29am
you and "KOO" need to gits together and share your expert info! that is one AWESUM job Mel and Dave! that machine is sweet!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 12:44am
Just think what them two could do if they were teamed up... but Mel wouldn't like the cold, and Joey wouldn't like the heat nor the congestion of people...Stern Smile
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 12:46am
you got a point there JC!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic