[Main Page] [Owners Registry] [Allis Store] [Parts Etc.]
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC swap meets ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC swap meets ??
    Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 9:43pm
Any chance we could put together a couple more AC swap meets  around the mid west ? 
Like to go and take stuff but KC is just a little out of range for me. Maybe the AC Connection in over Fathers Day week end ?? Any other clubs sponsor an event to have this type of gathering couple times a year ?
I have no desire to be who I was.
Sponsored Links

AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 10:29pm
The AC Connection show has several vendors and a pretty nice swap meet area.  There is a swap meet in Mt Pleasant on the Old Threshers grounds over Memorial weekend that is growing pretty well.  Not an orange only event, but a lot of ag stuff and I heard there is going to be a gun show there this year as well.
AaronSEIA
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 7:04am
The Orange Spectacular has the swap area that you can get lost in for hours.......
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.
From listening comes wisdom and from speaking comes repentance.
Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise.
oldorangeiron View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldorangeiron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 7:58am
Originally posted by Larry Miller Larry Miller wrote:

Any chance we could put together a couple more AC swap meets  around the mid west ? 
Like to go and take stuff but KC is just a little out of range for me. Maybe the AC Connection in over Fathers Day week end ?? Any other clubs sponsor an event to have this type of gathering couple times a year ?
I think its a worthy idea, would love to maybe have one here in our area, but with the shows and all going on in the summer months, it's hard to pick another date that would work out. I was thinking of the possibility, but I don't really have any of the Larger A-C clubs active here in my area, I have a spot that would be ideal to hold a show and swap, but I have NO idea what it would take to start something up like that, and if very many folks would be interested in it. Our local club is all brands, but I don't think it would need to coincide with their show, maybe do another all Allis show, I do have a handful of A-C guys here in the area, some of them are here on the forum, maybe they will chime in or I can run in by them and see what they feel.
AJ View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 9:20am
I heard a rumor one time that there use to be one near Kahoka, mo at one time.
Contact for the Allis Express

I love Allis Chalmers stuff not just because it is Allis Chalmers but also because most if them was made in the.........U.S.A. How many companies can say that today?
Sturgis CA View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sturgis CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:48pm
  I've never been to a Allis Chalmers swap meet so could you guys give me some information on this. I plan on attending some but let me ask some questions. Does everyone stay at hotels? Do you camp?
 Sturgis has a awesome fair ground that we have had 24,000 bikers camped and riding around. We have a really sweet exposition center with a large arena that they have a large car demolition derby in, just three weeks ago . This is a great farming area that would be receptive to this kind of thing.
 The biggest problem is the lack of hotels/motels.
Do you guys think it would work in this area?
It's not a hammer,It' a precision alignment tool!!
steelwheelAcjim View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelwheelAcjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 6:41pm
The association I belong to is featuring Allis Equipment at our fall show Sept. 20-21-22 in Adrian, Michigan. We might be interested in putting something together if there is enough interest and parts vendors.
Pre-WW2 A-C tractors on steel wheels...because I'm too cheap to buy tires!
Dean (West MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean (West MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 7:06pm

Originally posted by steelwheelAcjim steelwheelAcjim wrote:

The association I belong to is featuring Allis Equipment at our fall show Sept. 20-21-22 in Adrian, Michigan. We might be interested in putting something together if there is enough interest and parts vendors.

I'd be interested in going.  Does the association have a website?
ctbowles58 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctbowles58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 7:12pm
there is talk of it being on the east side of the state next year.
190XT 2WD45 WF D15 D14 CA BIG10 302 & 303 bailers 77G rake 80R mower 6 plows and alot more
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by ctbowles58 ctbowles58 wrote:

there is talk of it being on the east side of the state next year.

You might bring this up at the AC club meeting Sat. I'd like to see the swap meet travel all over the state year after year so all the AC boys around the state can trade, sale and buy stuff.Smile
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

arrowcreekfarms View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arrowcreekfarms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 8:26pm
Anybody interested in working on one for Ohio? 
1972 200 diesel, 1966 190 Gas, 1962 D-15 Gas w/ #15 loader, SC 3-16" Plow, SC 8ft disc, SC 2 Row Cultivators, 500 Series 4 row Planter
Michael Crowe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael Crowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 8:37pm
Larry, and everyone who posted to this thread.  The new AC club we will officially form on Saturday will be based in Missouri and we hope to move it around the state so everyone in the club can have a show/swap meet close to their home town periodically.  At the organizational meeting last October in Boonville, we decided a few matters just to get the ball rolling.  At this time we have 62 paid members, all the formation documents are prepared (the Articles of Incorporation have already been filed and an EIN obtained so we could open a bank account) but the paid members will vote on Saturday March 2, 2013 at 2:30 pm on the rest of the organizational matters, elect officers and directors, etc.  One of the big topics will be where to hold the 2014 Swap Meet and the two show meetings (to be held at some Missouri local club featuring AC).  I encourage anyone who wants to have the swap meet or show meetings at their local club to bring information to the meeting so the members can decide where to have those meetings.  It would be great to decide those matters Saturday; if not, we can table that until the June meeting.  FYI, at the October meeting, it was decided to hold the June 2013 meeting at the Adrian, MO tractor show, and the September 2013 meeting at the Boonville, MO tractor show just so we could get started.  Please see the posts in the show section for more information on the new Missouri Allis Chalmers Club, Inc.  If you have any questions, you can call, email or pm me.  Michael Crowe 816 898 7277, crowefarm@att.net
Join the MO AC Club, Inc. at the first 2014 Gathering of the Orange in Lathrop, MO, June 19-22, 2014. Contact Dave Maddux 816 320 3282 for more info.
steelwheelAcjim View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelwheelAcjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Dean (West MI) Dean (West MI) wrote:

Originally posted by steelwheelAcjim steelwheelAcjim wrote:

I'd be interested in going.  Does the association have a website?

We may not have the website updated yet, but feel free to browse our photo gallery( which i admit doesn't have enough ac photo's).
I am in charge of the A-C display for Fall.
Pre-WW2 A-C tractors on steel wheels...because I'm too cheap to buy tires!
jakeliu View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jakeliu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 1:37am
use to be one near Kahoka, mo at one time.
DonDittmar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDittmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 7:42am

I thought it would be cool if we had one indoor. I think you could get the Silverdome in Pontiac pretty reasonable, get a bunch of vendors from all across the country and have one HUGE swap meet

Experience is a fancy name for past mistakes

1968 D15D,1958 D17D,1962 D19D
Also 1965 Cub Loboy and 1958 JD 720 Diesel Pony Start
Dean (West MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean (West MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 8:42am
Originally posted by DonDittmar DonDittmar wrote:

I thought it would be cool if we had one indoor. I think you could get the Silverdome in Pontiac pretty reasonable, get a bunch of vendors from all across the country and have one HUGE swap meet

Now that would be awesome!  We need to do something fun in the wintertime around here.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic