[Main Page] [Owners Registry] [Allis Store] [Parts Etc.]
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YT Mag Site?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YT Mag Site?
    Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 4:03pm
Has anyone else noticed that any threads on the A-C portion of the Yesterday's Tractor web site that mention this site in any manner very quickly disappear? Last week Ted and I both made posts on that site when this one was having technical issues. Both threads were gone within hours! Why would someone be that insecure? I'm glad that Darin has added the tractor pulling section to this site, but I also go to the pulling section over at YT Mag frequently. I just don't see what the problem may be!! KipCryShocked
HANSEN'S OLD ORANGE IRON. Showing, Pulling, & Going!!
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 6:04pm
It's all about authority and the politics of that site.  The owner over there is not as well balanced and secure, as Darin.  Plus, that site is way old technically.  Probably somebody politically incorrect posted something on your post, and rather than being able wipe out the offensive reply, they delete the whole post.  I always come here first, where they can take a joke!
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 6:39pm
Sadly, you aren't right.  The YT Site will block any and all links to outside vendors and "competing" web forums.  If you read a post on one of their forums and see the error "bbalert", you can bet it was for Steiner or a site such as this one.  I like their site, but they police it too much for my taste.
AaronSEIA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic