[Main Page] [Owners Registry] [Allis Store] [Parts Etc.]
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers ED40 front loader hydraulic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John426 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers ED40 front loader hydraulic
    Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 3:43am
Hello

I want to put a front loader on my Allis ED40 non depthomatic . The problem is that i don't have any possibilities for hydraulic coupling extractor on this tractor. The hand control valve is directly link to the hitch cylinder.
Does i have to change the existing control valve?  Or does i have to put an additional control valve for the loader? But where i have to put it for taking the hydraulic power?

thanks for your help

John  
Sponsored Links

Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 11:31am
Hi John

Where is the Hydraulic Pump on an ED40?

I read on another link that ED40 has 'Live Hydraulic'  and 8 speed transmission.

Gary

John426 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John426 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 11:41am
Hi,

It is a front-mounted hydraulic pump continuously driven via a coupling from the fan pulley . 

Yes it is an 8 speed transmission , with live PTO,

John

Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 5:31pm
I am not at all familiar with the hydraulic system on an ED-40.

Does it have 2 hydraulic valves like later D-10 and D-12.

I have a D-12 Series III and one valve is single acting for the Rear Lift, and the other valve is Double Acting for 2 Hose Quick Connects at the rear of the tractor.

I have an original Loader from an ED-40 ( still has the metal ID Tag ) and it is very similar to the 'Box Frame' Model 140 for D-14, and Model 150 for D-15.

Gary
John426 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John426 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:27am
Hi

The ED40 have a single valve just acting the rear lift. That is my problem. Below a picture of the control valve.
At the right we have , lower the pipe to the weight transfer ( traction booster) the other pipe is acting to the rear lift cylinder
Left one is the pipe return to the oil tank , and the other one pipe (momently removed) is the incoming pipe from the pressure oil delivery by the pump
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 10:11am
John

I think what you need to do is install a 'Diverter Valve' in the line going to the 'Rear Lift'.
( between the Valve and Rear Lift Cylinder )
The line from the valve goes to the 'In' side of the Diverter.

On the 'Out' side of the Diverter Valve - one line goes to the Rear Lift, the other line goes to your Loader Lift.

This way the original tractor valve can still control the Rear Lift  OR  the Loader Lift.

Hope this helps

Gary
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 11:12am
I would do like GAry says but take the line for the loader to a double valve for the loader, then run a return line to the sump. That way you can have a hydraulic bucket too.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx,1938 B2xx, 1950 WD, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
orangereborn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangereborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 12:29pm
This one had the tractor pump pressure line routed directly to and thru the loader valve and back to the tractor line......Dale

Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 1:11pm
Charlie (CTucker )
I thought about a 500 Series Loader type, but didn't know what he had for a loader.

If he was going to feed another set of valves and have hydraulic lift and hydraulic bucket,
he would have to take his feed from the pressure side of the pump to the Diverter Valve.

Otherwise he would always have to activate the original tractor valve to get feed to his new valves, and his rear lift would always raise first.

Good thought though.

Gary
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:32pm
He would have to activate the original control valve to run the loader,and keep it active, but if the pressure was diverted to the loader valve, the lift arms would not come up. They would stay in the position they were in when the diverter valve was switched.
 If he had a open center loader valve, and no diverter, the lift arms would never get pressure unless he had power beyond on the loader valve to run to the lift arms like the tractor Orangeborn shows..

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 04 Feb 2013 at 5:00pm
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx,1938 B2xx, 1950 WD, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic