This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD manifold

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD manifold
    Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 4:50pm
saw this on YT. Looks cool, wonder how it performs?

Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
Sponsored Links

Wadewade53 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wadewade53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 5:03pm
I was thinkin of building the same thing. The incoming air fuel mixture should be cooler than the stock cast style would be. Hard to say if it would gain anything on a low rpm tractor motor because you're losing the casting bumps inside that stir the air fuel mixture as its headed into the combustion chamber. Just my opinion lol
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 5:13pm
Not a WD - external rear oil pump.

Maybe  138  or  149 cuin.

Gary
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 10:18pm
The real HP gain would come from the larger throat carb that will fit on that homemade manifold. I'll bet that is a D15 II--160 cube engine.
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 7:52am
I don't mean to say anything bad but I'd be suprised if that would make more power than a re-worked OEM manifold.

Reason being there's a lot of science to building a GOOD header which most don't understand. Looks cool and it'll make a lot of noise.
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic