[Main Page] [Owners Registry] [Allis Store] [Parts Etc.]
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oil pump?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pa.Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil pump?
    Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 9:54am
Can anybody tell me if there is any difference in a WD45 pump, and a series 1 D17 oil pump?
Sponsored Links

Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 10:03am
Yes......up to Tractor Serial Number 24001; after which the D-17 went to the full flow high pressure system.
Pa.Pete View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pa.Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Brian G.  NY Brian G. NY wrote:

Yes......up to Tractor Serial Number 24001; after which the D-17 went to the full flow high pressure system.
We got a pump off ebay, and I believe it has a regulator inside the pump, so would this be for the high flow system? Also if it is from the high flow system, do you think you could still use it on the early low pressure motor that has the regulator on the side of the block?
Thanks,
Pete
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 8:45pm
The pump with internal regulator will work but, you have to use your driven gear that mates with the camshaft. However many teeth your old oil pump driven gear is, the replacement pump has to be exactly the same or you will tear up the camshaft and lose all oil pressure.
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 8:47pm
Two totally different animals.
I seem to remember one of the more knowlegeable guys posting on here that the early engine could be changed over but as I recall there was some serious internal work that had to be done involving drilling oil passages, and such.
Pa.Pete View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pa.Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 9:28pm
Thanks for the info, the gears are the same so I think it will work.
Pete
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic