This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC Centrifugal Fire Pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passedoutwookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC Centrifugal Fire Pump
    Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 6:05pm
Hey everyone, first time poster looking for some information on a fire pump that I found in my family's barn.  The pump came out of a hospital that was being renovated and has sat in our barn for about 10 years.  The serial number is 811-91170-1-2.  It is attached to a 50 hp lincoln motor, serial number 2455426.  There is also a control panel, serial number DE-817738 I.  Model number on the control panel is M300-50-400B. 

I'm looking for any and all information on this set up, age and approximate value range in particular.  The plan is to sell this unit so I really appreciate honest feedback.  Thank you for looking and let me know if there is any more information I can give you that might be helpful.

Pump, motor, and ten years worth of dust.

Pump info

Motor info

Control panel info

Sponsored Links

passedoutwookie View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passedoutwookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 1:17pm
Anybody?  I know my questions are very general but I would appreciate any info that can be provided.  
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 1:39pm
It is a booster pump which requires a pressure supply to it , for other uses ? most fire systems need certification . What shape the packing glands and shaft wear sleeves are in or how good the impeller is ? 
 As far as motors they are hard to sell , used even brand new bring little , when liquidating the motors from place i worked a motor like that brand new still on packing skid I got $30 for . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 4:38pm
AC Fire Pump as a company is still in business.

See attached link:

Gary

DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 12:15am
I provided engineering services for a fire pump installation. It was a diesel driven AC fire pump. It doesn't specifically say Allis Chalmers anywhere on the literature but the AC logo looks like an Allis logo. Sorry to say that the engine is a John Deere.
Jack of all trades, master of none
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 4:20am
Being a centrifigal these pumps can be utilized for many functions.  So long as the water source(tank) is above it or it has a positive suction pressure it can deliver massive amounts or be throttled back to a reasonable minimum.We have similar pumps at work, minimum flow requirements are around 250/400gpm to keep the pump cool but can be run dead headed for short periods to start/stop them.
DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 5:15pm
As DMiller said these pumps can be used for other uses but they need a flooded suction or some positive suction pressure. I see the tag says 1000 gpm at 65 psi so that gives you an idea of capacity and might work well as an irrigation pump if it can be set up with positive suction pressure. Fire pumps see very little usage so it should be in good shape. Typically the fire code requires them to do a test run for 30 minutes once every week so they have about 25 hours run time every year. The controller might even be usable but not in a fire pump application as it probably doesn't comply with current codes for fire pump use.  
Jack of all trades, master of none
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic