This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers M100B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarthCain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers M100B
    Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 10:57pm
Hello, I just bought an old Allis Chalmers M100-B Motor Grader, and I was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me the year on it, and help me out with finding the hydraulic pump for the power steering and side to side movement on the blade. I think its under the cab, but I'm not sure which part  it is exactly.

I think the serial number is 1694.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow if anyone wants to see it. 
Thanks

Edited by DarthCain - 06 Sep 2012 at 11:02pm
Sponsored Links

Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 12:36am
If my book is dependable your grader would be a 1967. I don't have answers for your other questions. Hope this machine works out good for you!
DarthCain View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarthCain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 12:19pm
Thank you for your reply, and me too. We had an old D model before, but it was almost to small for some of the roads that we grade, and was starting to show some signs of its old age, so we decided to sell it and replace it with something a bit bigger.
DarthCain View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarthCain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 11:35pm
I figured I'd upload some pictures. Also, think we found the problem with the hydraulics, found two filters that appeared to be originals and she only had like a quart of fluid in her,

Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 12:21am
That's a good looking grader, real good tires too. Maybe this unit doesn't have too many hours on it. I have a brochure on this M100 when they were new in the '60's, it's got the specs etc but it's all in Swedish, anything on there you may want to know I could relay to you. Put a note on here once you've done some grading and let us know what you think.
irlbeck A-C'S View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irlbeck A-C'S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 8:26pm
Nice looking grader.They are a great machine.We have a M100B and some books with it.Let me know if can help you.
DarthCain View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarthCain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 9:46pm
Thanks guys! She works great too. We took it out to grade a local subdivision and It worked wonderful. They were happy with their road. 
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 11:23pm
AC had the "rollamatic" moldboard.You could roll a large amount of dirt in one pass.Cat just pushed it. Spent alot of hrs in a AD4 with that screeming Detroit.What'd you say?
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2012 at 7:05am
Nice looking grader, if you extend the exaust pipe up to the cab roof it will be quieter in the cab.
DarthCain View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarthCain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 11:48am
Originally posted by B26240 B26240 wrote:

Nice looking grader, if you extend the exhaust pipe up to the cab roof it will be quieter in the cab.

Thanks, That will probably be one of the next things we do to the grader after we fix the brakes. Had to lower the breather  as it was 14' to the top of it on our trailer.
DarthCain View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarthCain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 9:44pm
Sorry for the double post, just wanted to show some pics of the grader loaded up on our trailer. :)

Camera didn't want to focus right, so sorry for the blurry-ness.

M100b Parts manual View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M100b Parts manual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 7:53pm
Hi, There is 2 or 3 hydraulic pump under the floor plate. I had the same problem and it was the hydraulic steel tube worn by vibration near the front of the cab close to the floor. The hydraulic tank (hidden in the fuel tank) was empty and I thought that the pump was defective.

I replace those tubes put some oil in the tank on the left side of the grader and solve the problems.

Hi hope it help.

By the way i have a parts manual for sale for Allis Chalmers M100+M100b series.

Feel free to email me if you have any further questions.
DarthCain View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarthCain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 6:11pm
Thanks, It turned out our tank was empty as well. The previous owners ran the grader dry, from a bad leak at the master cylinder, so we capped it off, for now, and put fluid in it, and she worked like a champ. I was also able to find a parts manual online after looking a bit harder. :)
jamey123061 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamey123061 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 5:48am
I just got an old m100b and have parts manual. But I need a service are operators manual. trying to find lubrication specs and all locations. just thought you might have something that shows you mentioned in your post you had some books. Thanks
Kcgrain View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kcgrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 12:02pm
2 legends in one pic a superliner, and an Allis Chalmers!!
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamey123061 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 5:23am
Serial #M100B-2177 on my grader that I'm looking for service manual. biggest problem I'm having at this time is types of fluids and were to check levels.she wants to pop out of gear and I figured that's a good place to start.
briststv View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote briststv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 6:37pm
I recently bought an M100B motor grader and I would like to know a little bit more about.
The serial number is M100B 1004.
Any information would be appreciated.
For starters, can someone tell me what year it is?
I am also in need of a scarifier for it, if anyone knows where one is available.
sparki79 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparki79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 4:08pm
Hello Everyone,
I am sorta new to this forum type stuff so I am not sure if I am posting this correctly but I will try.
I have a 1967 M100 as well that is in good shape but am having problems with the controls. The gears are wore out on the lever controls causing them not to engage fully thus in turn not allowing certain functions not to work correctly. Does anyone else have this problem or has anyone found replacement parts for these machines maybe a salvage yard or something? I was able to weld one of the gear sets and re-machine the teeth but what a pain in the butt. Any help would be appreciated or insight as to where parts may be for these machines.  
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 12:18am
Welcome to the forum...sounds like you have both courage and talent to do tricky repairs. Takes a bit of time to locate these machines for parts or wrecking as they are not likely to be advertised, but there are a few around. I have found that the more people you ask... someone eventually gives you the contact you need. Staying in touch on this forum is a good idea, you are likely to get good contact information and advice.  
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
sparki79 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparki79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 8:43am
Sounds good and thank you for the reply. I have had the machine for about 5 years and yes it comes up with some "tricky" repairs from time to time! Though it seems like no one else complains about this engagement problem of the controls or no one else has it. Hopefully someone reads into this forum and is parting out a machine with the controls being good. Have a good weekend.
sparki79 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparki79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 5:40pm
Does anyone know the proper way to time the injection pump on the 10000 series engine in my M100 grader. I pulled the pump but lost the timing marks I made when I sent the pump off to be rebuilt. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Josh H View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 11:02am
Nice grader and superliner, cool truck. i don't see them anymore here in ga
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 4:13pm
Sparki79

If you're talking about the blade control levers check if the dog clutch sets have been reversed.

If not you can  get another go by doing that.

And it helps to have a manual to adjust the levers.  Our 45 was near impossible to disengage under load when we got it.

You should have it so you can hold the lever in to use and it returns to neutral on its own when you release the pressure.  Ours is now much closer to that.
Mountainmover View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountainmover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 10:24am
I have an m100 grader. I am in Northeast Georgia.
My dad and I have used one for 40 years. Basically all of my life.
Ours never ever had an engine issue. Only tires, brake issues, steering box, tandem bearings, chains, transmission and and knuckle joints. Haha. What a knuckle buster.
I still need to fix The gear set for one side of the blade lift.
I would like to upgrade the starter to a modern gear drive.

So, my dad passed away in 2018.
I hadn’t used the grader in a year or two.
I went to check on it and a tree fell across the hood. Mashed the hood, grill, molding around grill, and radiator.

Where can we find parts for these things? I need a hood, radiator, grill, etc. and the gear set in between the hand lever and the main blade lift gear.

Also, I forgot to mention, we gave up on the stock brakes. We bolted a 1 ton truck brake caliper to the transmission emergency brake. Then welded up a bracket for a hydraulic caliper. Then we mounted an air brake actuator in the cab to work off of the brake pedals. Mounted an air compressor on the engine. And air tank on top of the cab. Brakes work pretty good! Surprisingly. Not sure how well it would do stretched out on a highway running high speeds but...for slow gravel road work..not bad.

We also found a roll-a-matic blade. Wow. What a different. Hydraulic extendable moldboard. Amazing.

Anyways...I’m needing the hood and grill and radiator. Where to find beer Georgia?
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 2:03pm
Call Weller Tractor Salvage in Great Bend, KS. 800-255-9325. Their specialty is motor grader parts. 
Curt Anderson
HD3, HD5B, HD6E, HD6AG,HD6B dozer, I-400, 615, 616,(2) 620, 720, ACP25 lift truck, 1956 D Special Grader, AC 540 loader, AC 655 crawler loader, AC #84 plow, Simplicity lawn tractors.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamey123061 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 7:57pm
I have a M100 and I'm debating on whether to sale hole machine are part out. I just don't have time to mess with it. It runs,mold board works good but transmission slips out of gear needs brakes and few other things. My place is hilly in South East Texas and I really need dozer. Any suggestions? What's it worth? Are were to post it for sale?
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 1:54pm
You should call Weller. They may buy it.
Curt Anderson
HD3, HD5B, HD6E, HD6AG,HD6B dozer, I-400, 615, 616,(2) 620, 720, ACP25 lift truck, 1956 D Special Grader, AC 540 loader, AC 655 crawler loader, AC #84 plow, Simplicity lawn tractors.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountainmover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 3:28pm

Having a hard time uploading photos from iPhone. Any tips? Also, how do we reduce the picture quality level or whatever? Using an iPhone 6 which is out of date.

I wanna also show my brake system modification
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountainmover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 4:21pm
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountainmover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 4:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic