This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD45 hydraulic pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD45 hydraulic pump
    Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 6:57pm
I'm still working on the hydraulic pump on my wd45. The loader and rear lift still go up but not down. I replaced the control valve on top because the big adjustment screw was bent. It still doesn't go down. I've unhooked all the linkage and manually moved everything and still nothing. The pump never quits pumping until it uses all the hyd fluid up into the loader cylanders. I unhooked the linkage for the traction booster tonight and that valve just flops back and front. It has no tension it just turns free. I unhooked the same off of my other 45 and it has spring tension on it so I think I have found the problem. I think it's acting like the tb is kicking the pump in all the time. Now how to fix? Should I just buy a new pump? I'm lookin if anyone has one.
Sponsored Links

MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 10:11pm
Linkage in TB part of pump is broke. Most likely the pin the linkage hooks to has worn into.  MACK
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 9:10am
....in other words,you can probably take it apart and fix it .
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 10:14am
Just remember if I can do it - and I once did but not now - you can do it.
There are manuals or pictures around to show you how.
Just keep the parts immersed in diesel fuel so they will not expand or shrink.  Work on a very clean table with sides so the parts do not roll around and drop to the floor.
Be careful.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 5:20pm
I pulled the pump last night and found that the tb linkage in the back of the pump is messed up. It also has one roller that is wore out and has no rollers inside at all and the pin that the roller rolls on has worked loose and wore the holes egg shaped in the rocker arm (for lack of a better term) I think I'll find a good pump and keep this for parts. I have another 45 that I got from my dad That I plan to keep going also.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 10:24pm
I went through a box of parts and gaskets I got with it and there was a hyd pump rebuild set. I tore the pump down and found a valve stuck which is what I think the problem was. The t/b linkage wasn't working right either. I put it all together and want to try it but I need one roller.
rtwfarm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtwfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 2:34am
Have spare pump for sale. Ryan 402-469-1738
Teddy (punchie) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teddy (punchie) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 4:51am
Gasket can be made.

As I recall, I replacing a pump that was too close to the tractor when bolted on make a funny sound with tractor running. Make sure it is thick enough.

Unless you have a friend that will give you a roller, may have to buy a new one. Maybe better just to get a better pump.

Double check the cam the drives the pump.  You said some thing about the roll that was worn on the inside, I'm hope it was not the cam (drive for the pump). 

Make sure you keep oil up.  After you done and run it for awhile, draining and filter the oil, checking oil for metal would be a good idea, small enough filter I would reuse the oil it if needed.

Check for rust in the oil sump.

Remember you not alone we just rebuild a neighbor's pump last year, he had just started his hay field and it gave out, look like it was run with the oil too low for years.
Ac D-19, a Number of WD's, One WD45, Two 444 balers, Ac plows and etc.
Gary in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 6:38am
Thad

I had a similar problem a year ago.
Got a good used roller asembly from Brenda, at Sandy Lake Imp.
cleaned the pump, I did have to replace the cam for the pump, had one lobe almorst gone.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 11:24am
I cleaned and installed the rebuild kit last night. There is a valve inside that is triggered by a cam on the linkage in the back of the pump. It was stuck. I put it all back together and did a hillbilly repair on the roller. I put it back on this mornin and it works great. The pump is much quieter than it was and quieter than on my other 45. I don't plan to use it until I get a new roller. I'll pull the pto box when I drain the fluid and make sure everything is good and clean. Thanks Charley Tucker and all the others for helpin me get this fixed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic