[Main Page] [Owners Registry] [Allis Store] [Parts Etc.]
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7060 power shift problems.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pirlbeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7060 power shift problems.
    Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 6:45am
I have a customer with a 7060 power shift that he was driving down the road when it pulled down and killed the engine. It will turn over and start and run for several seconds before it pulls down and kills the engine. It acts like as soon as the power shift valve gets hyd pressure it dies. I started it in every forward gear and neutral along with both reverses and it is acts the same in every one. Tried it with the clutch pedal down also. At first I though it probably had a stuck shift valve, but if that was the case it should at least keep running when the correct gear is selected.

I know I need to put test gauges on it, but the customer don't want to spend any money on it if it can't be repaired pretty cheaply. While the customer is not committed to spending much money on this old tractor, he would probably fix it if it could be repaired without going into the trans. 

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Pat

Edited by pirlbeck - 26 Jul 2012 at 7:46am
Sponsored Links

MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 7:12am
I would say it has valves stuck. Cleaning valve body most likely won't fix it. The valves stuck because of junk in trans. and after locking up there is more junk in there. Might as well go all the way and do it right.   MACK
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic