[Main Page] [Owners Registry] [Allis Store] [Parts Etc.]
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moldboard plow parts available???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moldboard plow parts available???
    Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 8:25pm
Are parts available for old mouldboard plows? I am going to look at an old pull type tomorrow and was wondering. Can you still buy the mouldboard, the shares with points etc? If so, where?
Thanks
Pastor Mike
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1942 C, hobby farmer, Pastor in Walford Iowa
Sponsored Links

Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 9:03pm
Need a make and model. Some are and some aren't. Good luck.
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 1 Timothy 2:5

John 14:6
Romans 8:34
allischalmerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 9:06pm
Lonn,
I am told it is an AC 1 bottom trailer plow. I don't know the model number, I have not seen it yet.
Where will the model number be on an AC trailer plow?
Thanks
Mike
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1942 C, hobby farmer, Pastor in Walford Iowa
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 9:17pm
Not sure about where the model would be located at but if we could see a pic someone could tell you what it likely is. The Number 1 plow, I think that's what many old one bottom pull-types are, would be hard to find parts for. I think they had no replaceable shins and they had the type of share that had to be rebuilt by a blacksmith. If you look long enough you might find some new old stock parts. I have an old Number 2 and when I worked at the Allis dealer 20 years ago they had laying in the back bin two NOS shares for it which they sold me. Of course I have yet to restore the old plow but I'm hoping maybe this winter.
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 1 Timothy 2:5

John 14:6
Romans 8:34
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 9:27pm
Plow model does not identify plow bottoms. In many AC plows there were 5 models of frames and a couple dozen different bottoms that fit all the frames. And even in the three point, semimounted, and snap coupler plows there were pull behind also made.

The older the plow the harder it is to find moldboards and shares. And AC complicated the stocking of shares by offering 4 to 12 different shares for different ground conditions and the same moldboard and frog.

Gerald J.
allischalmerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 9:29pm
Thanks guys...gosh this is complicated!
BrettPhillips View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrettPhillips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 8:03am
None of the AC plow parts are what you would call "readily available" except for parts for the #387 bottoms that were used on the later plows.  I have heard that the supply of these parts is also dwindling.
Ray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 10:45am
i HAVE QUITE A FEW. SOME NEW SOME USED. NEED MORE INFORMATION. 785-353-2392
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic