This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC B1 Tractor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC B1 Tractor
    Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 11:33pm
I went to look at a collection of AC stuff that a local guy had for sale.  He had a lot of AC machinery like rotobalers, rakes, cultivators and mowers also but he wants to sell it all as a lot.  Also has a lot of manuals and misc. parts, again, only will sell as a package.
I managed to pry this loose from him. It seems in decent shape even though it hasn't been run for a while. Came with mower deck, sickle mower, rototiller, snow blower and blade.
Sponsored Links

D-allis Iowa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-allis Iowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 6:58am
very nice.
Reindeer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reindeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 10:06am
Hi Phil  I saw that on Kijiji, looked interesting.  Would have had to build on my shed to get the wife to agree, so glad it went to you.  Enjoy.

Edited by Reindeer - 20 Jul 2012 at 10:06am
67 D15 S2
83 5015
Several Kubotas'                     
bigcountry48 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcountry48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 10:33am
Some guys get all the luck, great find!
1950 B, 1952 pulling wd, and 1954 wd45
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 11:13am
I'm not used to working on an Allis this small.  I will have to get a manual before I go too far.  The electric start system using the generator as a starter is a neat feature.  I'm going to change the oil, check out the fuel system and ignition, put in a new battery and see how she goes.  The owner said he last used it about 10 years ago.  It has been stored in a barn with all it's equipment including the tire chains.

It's a very well built tractor and looks like it was made to last forever compared to most lawn and garden tractors of today.
bigcountry48 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcountry48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 1:12pm
If you go to GTtalk, and go to the section marked manuals, they have a manual for it you can down load for free. Also you can test to see if your generator charges by touching a 12 volt light to the far left pole on the voltage regulator( looking at it with the poles facing you). I love the little allises, they are some of my favorites, and I'm dying for a B1. Lastly on YouTube contact zippovarga for extra info, he really knows his stuff on allises and simplicity. Hope this helps!
1950 B, 1952 pulling wd, and 1954 wd45
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 2:49pm
Thanks, I'll check that one out.  I logged on to SimpletrACtors.com this morning and got some leads there.
Chalmersbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalmersbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 9:40pm
The B-1 is a great little lawn tractor. I just got one the hadn't run for years and sat outside for a while. It sure does a good mowing job for 7 HP. I keep the blades up as far as I can and mow mostly weeds around the fields. I threw a rod in my Simplicity 7114, so the B-1 is doing the work  that the CA can't get. Bob
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 4:00pm
I got the little B-1 going today. Changed oil, added gas, cleaned points and away she went.Clap   I fixed up a few other minor items and replaced the mower belt and mowed until our daily rainstorm startedAngry.  It's a great little unit and the 7 1/2 horses must be a lot bigger ones than the 11 ponies powering the JD 111 that I was using, because it'll cut faster and cleaner than the ol' JD.  I'm likin' this little unit a lot!!Big smile
LionelinKY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 5:45pm
Dad has a B1 and a B110. Both are VERY gutsy units which mow extremely well. I have a AC608LTD which mows circles both speed and finish wise around my JD210.
"My name is Lionel and I'm an Allisoholic"
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 6:49pm
  Looks like a great set-up. Everything you need to take care of the yard and garden.
 Those starter generators caused a lot of problems back in the day. It seems a lot of guys didn't realize the starter part would work even if the generator wasn't polarized. You could start it up with a new generator in it and run for a while before the smoke got out and the battery was near dead, then you needed a new unit. 

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 24 Jul 2012 at 6:51pm
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 8:46pm
Couple of pics taken today between rainstorms.  Didn't get much mowing done because of all the rain. We've had about 8 inches in the last week and a half!!
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 11:36pm
I've got a 23D 9hp in mine.Well,actually it's a 9hp block but after a couple bore jobs and 2 broken rods(9hp rods suck) it's now std 10hp piston with 10hp rod and crank and ball brg on flywheel side.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 7:07am
Hey Phil!
You did great wit' dat! Yer' gonna love playin' wit' the little Allis'. When I restored my 716H a few years ago, I had a ball doing it. Parts weren't that heavy to pick up either like the big Tractors. LOL! As a matter of fact, I can even get up on them pretty easy compared to my large Tractors. But then again, most of my pals here will agree wit' dat'.... Approve
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 10:12am
I'll have to get a pic of the little guy next to his "great uncle"; a 20-35 'E'!!LOL
Dave Richards (WV) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Richards (WV) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 10:25am
Phil, go to one of your discount stores and buy a pair of magnifying glasses.  It will look like a B or CA while you work on it.   LoL    Dave.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic