This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Majic paint, TSC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Majic paint, TSC
    Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 11:56am
Don't know about where you guys are in the world, but here in Michigan, TSC has replaced there tractor paint line from Valspar to "majic" line of paints.

I looked, there are no quarts or spray paint cans of "AC orange" on the shelf. I did see it in gallons, so I imagine its available in smaller cans.

I don't generally use this line of paint. Has anyone ever used the majic brand before?

Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
Sponsored Links

Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 12:45pm

This is the same line of paint Rural King sells. I know of two tractors that were painted with this paint, a WD45 and a M farmall. Both have faded badly and the M took days to dry. Don't use this stuff on a tractor unless you want to waste your time.

Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
Matt MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 12:51pm
I have used the Majic spray paints for some small parts, the AC orange is a pretty close match to Persian #1, also it does take a LONG time to dry, for being a spray can paint, like 2 days.
Unless your are the lead horse the scenery never changes!!
R.W View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 1:11pm
Yes, our local TSC changed paints. I really liked the Valspar paint (even though the color matches weren't very good). I grabbed 2 quarts of the "Kubota Orange" before they sent it all back.
Bill_MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 5:00pm
i have used it some when replacing smaller parts or for touch up because I don't want to mix up a thimble of PPG. the AC orange spray is not a good match for PO1, way too bright. i painted my new battery box using several very light coats because it bunches up easily, and the finish was beautiful but it took about 3 days to dry and it's still pretty sofft when dried. will do for now until I get some urethane and respray the entire tractor
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 9:13pm
I learned the hard way to never buy paint from TSC!
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 11:05pm
They have changed over here in Georgia also. Probably a cheaper paint which they sell for the same price. I have used the Valspar but it is not a good match for PO1.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
dave63 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 5:59am
I was pleasantly suprised to find that TISCO offers PO #1, PO #2 and Corparte Orange in rattle cans, Qts, and Gallons.
I got a rattle can of PO #1 but i haven't tried it yet. I hope it matches close enough to touch up PPG omni PO#1 
The universal answer to all questions is yes, how much do you want to spend?
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 7:07am

When we were painting enough to save the left overs for the next job 4-5 years ago believe it or not there was only about a $50-$60 differance per tractor ( B, C WC size) between using TSC paint and PPG Omni for the top coat only.  Now if you go better quality from primers up the price goes up a lot as it does if you throw away the left overs. Just something to check out.

Also be sure to include breathing appiratus in your figuring as the cheapo paint needs hardener same as the better stuff,, and mames just as quick.
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 9:09am
Just wondered if other TSCs around the country were changing over too, sounds like it.

I use ppg for the total restore projects. And valspar for the smaller parts on tractors that are not restored.

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 9:24am
Oh,, Embarrassed In that case yes, our TSC  changed over the winter.
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 9:32am
I must be slow then! LOL 

Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 9:48am
No futher comment, LOL
bitburn View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 5:05am
TSC in my area was selling the Valspar for 25% off.  The TSC staff seemed quite upset about the changeover because of how well the Valspar paint sold.  They said they got a great number people from all around buying their Valspar paint.
Bob-Maine View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob-Maine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 6:13pm
Our Club held it's annual show last Fri., Sat. and Sun. Tractor Supply gave us a pile of paint to sell (with the proceeds going into our treasury). I wondered why but now I know. But it was generous of them.
Bob@allisdowneast
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
AllisChalmers37 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisChalmers37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 10:05pm
Ours changed too. They have all the Valspar paint on sale for almost nothing so I stocked up on it. Haha.

I am looking forward to seeing if this new paint is worth using.....'41 WC???
1937 WC, 1950 CA, 1959 D14, 1967 190XT, 2006 Ram 3500
fwo View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2012 at 6:29am
Yesterday, I got two spray cans of Magic Allis-Chalmers to try.  I had been using Valspar and was a little concerned about what had been said here about this new stuff.

I painted the 3-point on my D-12 with the Majic.  I was painting over Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer.  It covered very well for me.  It seemed to me like the Majic dried to the touch in minutes, certainly less than half an hour.  And I liked the color too.

I think it's just fine so far.
Kindest regards,
F. W. Owen, Homerville, Ohio
http://www.HomerProduceAuction.com
Owenlea Holsteins
ctbowles58 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctbowles58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2012 at 7:00am
i like VAN-SICKLE thay can get any color you want and if sprayed with hardner you can get a great finish; thay also have a clear-coat for it now.
190XT 2WD45 WF D15 D14 CA BIG10 302 & 303 bailers 77G rake 80R mower 6 plows and alot more
Toneman1 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toneman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 1:54pm
Tis a shame, but it always boils down to the cheapest bidder; especially in the box stores.
Don't worry about the mule going blind, just load the wagon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic