[Main Page] [Owners Registry] [Allis Store] [Parts Etc.]
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis 426 making oil!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david.bz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis 426 making oil!
    Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 5:27pm
hi there help needed with my 426 allis.  My engine is making oil. i cannot smell diesel and its for sure not water or coolant. It sounds like it has a miss at higher rpm. there are only 2 things i can think of. First is the fuel pump. the second is an injector gone bad. Please help. need more info please ask.
thanks. david

Sponsored Links

Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 5:54pm
Fuel pump is very likely. A broken diaphragm will leak fuel to the crankcase and not make full pressure to the injection pump.

Gerald J.

Edited by Gerald J. - 11 Jun 2012 at 5:58pm
david.bz View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david.bz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 6:13pm

OK. I am looking at the rear of the fuel pump. the manual boost pump is on this section. 2 fuel hoses are connected. one comes from the tank and the othr goes to the fuel filter.  Can i instal an electric pump while i wait for a new diaphram?

albatros_3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albatros_3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 7:50pm
My Ford was doing that this spring. It had a blown seal in the pump added about 2 quarts of fuel before I caught it. I took it into a rebuild shop and had it done. One day turn-around and about an hour off and on.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Gerald J. Gerald J. wrote:

Fuel pump is very likely. A broken diaphragm will leak fuel to the crankcase and not make full pressure to the injection pump.I have never seen a 426 with a mechanical fuel pump. What is this on? Help us determine the generation you're working on.

Gerald J.
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 10:13pm
I would say it has the end of a injector tip blown off. Pull injectors and have them checked.
  There is no internal driven fuel lift pump on a 426 AC engine.    MACK
JC(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 11:34pm
I think your seal on the injection pump shaft has let loose. And usually the bushing the seals ride on will be grooved too and should be replaced.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 12:06am
It's in a Gleaner in a far away place. Good luck David. Has that got the M100 Ambach?That late of model should I think.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic