[Main Page] [Owners Registry] [Allis Store] [Parts Etc.]
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

180 Injector pump rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1abfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 180 Injector pump rebuild
    Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 11:04pm
Well, I did something I have never attempted this weekend. I tore down and replaced the governor portion of my Roosa-Master pump on my 180. It went out last fall, and for the $600 I was quoted to redo the governor I decided to take a stab at it, and I only had to pull it off one time to adjust/ figure out what I did wrong. Put it together and cut 25 acres of hay and she ran great. Always a good feeling to tackle something scary and live to tell the tale and or not regret it. Best part is that a good friends son who is thinking of going to diesel school this fall helped me through it and learned right along with me.

Shawn
Sponsored Links

Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 11:34am
Good job Shawn.  I  rebuild the pump on my 180, last year.  Sounds like you also put something in 180 deg. out.
Rotation is as viewed from the front of the pump not the rear.  I missed this when I read the manual.  Bet most people miss that small statement also.
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 3:20pm
wanna do mine?
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 10:21pm
What is wrong with yours?

SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 2:14am
nothin yet...cept it rev's up once ina while whle drivin it! still starts and runs...just thought i'd gits in line!
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 9:51am
I am sure you possess the intelligence and skill required to replace the flex ring.
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 2:50pm
oh
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 4:20pm
trust me, there is way more to "rebuilding" a Roosa DB pump than opening it up & replacing the flex ring. That is a repair. A rebuild for 600 would be much more detailed.
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic