This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1947 AC-C

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1947 AC-C
    Posted: 20 May 2012 at 11:59am
just took off the cultivators, changed all fluids and filter and gave her a primary bath. This is the last tractor I had to get ready for the year, besides still waiting on the head for the XT. Got to wondering if anyone has ever heard of a belly mounted bush hog type rotary mower? I haven't. If I got another Woods L306 like on my CA how would it hook to the C? My CA drive pulley is where the belt pulley used to be, is the C the same or does it drive from the smaller than standard PTO? I realize the CA has a hand clutch and the C does not so I'm wondering how the Woods is driven on a C which would need an over riding clutch I would think. Thanks, Dana

Sponsored Links

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 12:16pm
Everything will be the same on the C as on the CA except the hydraulic lift , if you have it. I have never needed an overrunning clutch on the woods mower. It doesn't have the inertia of a brush hog type mower and the brakes can very easily stop it. I had my Woods belly mower on the CA for many years and never had the hand clutch working. I have the same mower on my B now and get by fine even though the brakes are about usless.. 
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 6:29pm
OK thanks Charlie, ever heard of a belly bush hog? I'm just thinking out loud.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 6:39pm
Captn', I don't know if you would loose your hydraulics with the hand clutch, but if it works like the WD it would be an advantage. The problem I run into at times is that I mow some pretty rough stuff, and it at times overwhelms the mower deck, and since the hydraulics and mower drive both need the foot clutch engaged (I have a half B half C with a L59 Woods), all I can do is burn the belt for a bit until I can get out of the mess
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 6:43pm
  Lou, that's why I like the hand lift on mine.
 Cap'n, don't know of any mid mount Brush cutters. The 42 Woods is a single blade though and might work more like one than the 3 blade 59 or 306.

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 20 May 2012 at 6:45pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 6:51pm
Cap'n, looks like you have both the swinging drawbar and the ASAE drawbar on that C.
Orange Blood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Blood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 8:38pm
The hand clutch on the CA, let's everything but tractor motion continue.  The Clutch actually disengages the right hand drive axle from the differential.  If you could see inside the housing the differential is still spinning, and ALL of the power is going to the right hand axle which is no longer connected to anything.
Still in use:
HD7 WC C CA WD 2-WD45 WD45LP WD45D D14 3-D17 D17LP 2-D19D D19LP 190XTD 190XTLP 720 D21 220 7020 7030 7040 7045 3-7060
Projects: 3-U UC 2-G 2-B 2-C CA 7-WC RC WDLP WF D14 D21 210 7045 N7
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic