This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D17 disking pumpkin patch pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTD03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D17 disking pumpkin patch pics
    Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 11:43pm
Not sure what disk I have but i am going to show you some disk pics and I would like for all of you to chim in and tell me how to set this disk so it cuts right. I dont think i will bealbe to get barrow a tiller so it going to take some passes to get it how it like to plant pumpkins is. So I hope ya all like.

Edited by CTD03 - 07 Apr 2012 at 11:44pm
Sponsored Links

1953CA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 1953CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 11:51pm
I would think it's a Model 211, your hitch setup is a bit different than mine.
1945 AllisCletrac / 1948 "B" / 1953 "CA" / 1955 "WD-45" / 1963 "D-15 Series II"           

"No Air Support without Ground Support"
CTD03 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTD03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 11:56pm
I do need some disks and I would say a rebuild soon but funds are tight so i am doing one thing at a time and the tractor is first I am hoping to get it running right after pumpkin season is done... I have said that for 3 years

Edited by CTD03 - 08 Apr 2012 at 12:09am
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 12:16am
200 series with the traction booster hitch.  I spent many hours pulling a 212 (12 foot wide)  with a WD45 diesel as a kid....you need to have the transport valve on the tractor in order for it to work right. You should be able to set the height of the sc tongue by using the crank on the disc and not a jack when hitching it up......then level out the disc once it is hooked up.  We always ran the front a little deeper than the rear for the first pass, then leveled it out for the finish pass.
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
CTD03 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTD03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Eldon (WA) Eldon (WA) wrote:

200 series with the traction booster hitch.  I spent many hours pulling a 212 (12 foot wide)  with a WD45 diesel as a kid....you need to have the transport valve on the tractor in order for it to work right. You should be able to set the height of the sc tongue by using the crank on the disc and not a jack when hitching it up......then level out the disc once it is hooked up.  We always ran the front a little deeper than the rear for the first pass, then leveled it out for the finish pass.

thank you for your info on setting up the disk. were is the transport valve located? not sure what your talking about. I will have to go see if th manual has this. I dont think thats the same as the traction booster is it?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 10:36am
The transport valve was an optional box (with a knob on it that screws in or out) on the back of the tractor between the tractor hydraulics and the implement lift cylinder hose. It was necesarry in order for the traction booster drawbar to work properly. The purpose was to force the lift arms to raise before the hydraulic cylinder so that you got the weight transfer without lifting the disc out of the ground.
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
CTD03 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTD03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 9:21pm

well today nothing much happened just waiting for the right time of year to start planting pumpkins

my sunflower garden is almost ready for me to start planting at the end of april.
Ryan Renko View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Renko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 9:33pm
We had the same disc on our farm and our loving father gave it away to someone when we upgraded to something newer. It was a cherry. I need to go tell dad that the things he gave away 20 years ago are worth allot of money now!!! Ryan
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 10:17pm
Ours was still sitting in the trees back in South Dakota last time I checked. TB drawbar had been removed when we bought a JD 720D and didn't need it anymore. Last I saw it was laying out in the pasture.  Disc was well used over the years, welded up in a number of places and the serrated  front discs are worn to round....don't think it is worth much anymore....I guess I should take the good bearings off of it before my brother scraps it.
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
b170dr View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b170dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 11:07pm
I've got a 200-14ft i use as my only disc. Have a set of D-17 wheel weights on each side up front and a rock box built over the disc sections,has several hundred pounds of rock on it. Got  20 inch blades, realy cuts, There a great finish disc,with three section harrow behind.  I'd like to find a 18ft 200,but you have to get farther south to find them, or go up in the cold country bouve the border.     Just keep playing with that disc. I'd  put a two sedtion drag behind, realy help bust up those claudes of dirt.
'64 B-10, '58 D-14, '60 D-15D, '58 D-17D, D-19, 170, 2-185D, 190, 68 D-21 11, 72-220, 7000,7030, F-2 G,w/5 Heads,L-2 G, 330 No-Till
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by b170dr b170dr wrote:

I've got a 200-14ft i use as my only disc. Have a set of D-17 wheel weights on each side up front and a rock box built over the disc sections,has several hundred pounds of rock on it. Got  20 inch blades, realy cuts, There a great finish disc,with three section harrow behind.  I'd like to find a 18ft 200,but you have to get farther south to find them, or go up in the cold country bouve the border.     Just keep playing with that disc. I'd  put a two sedtion drag behind, realy help bust up those claudes of dirt.
The 200 series was only available up to 15'. The 2000 series looks the same, but was available in 18.5 and 20'.  Here is a pic of my 2000 series 20' before I put the hitch back on after moving it....it is missing the gangs on the wings, so is only around 13' now. Not too bad of a disc for $150.
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic