This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lilliston Mower ?'s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lilliston Mower ?'s
    Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 9:22pm
I figured I would ask this question here because I'm sure some of yall have this style mower...I have a Lilliston 7.5FT mower and I am wondering if anybody has a manual or parts list to one?

I can't find anything on the net about them...I would like to know the years this model was made. Its a great mower and will mow just about anything. Thanks for any info.
Sponsored Links

ac-mike View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac-mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 7:31am
That was a popular machine in this area many years ago. There was a dealer here that sold th heck out of them. I believe I have a parts book. What do you need to know. I know of at least three different variations of this model.
Dave Richards (WV) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Richards (WV) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 8:13am
Lilliston is still in business,as far as I know, but sold their mower products line to Bush Hog.   You can still get parts and info from Bush Hog, but you have to get to the right people.  They were between a brush cutter and a finish mower, and were used a lot on grass airfields and orchards.
79fordblake View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 11:23am
Originally posted by ac-mike ac-mike wrote:

That was a popular machine in this area many years ago. There was a dealer here that sold th heck out of them. I believe I have a parts book. What do you need to know. I know of at least three different variations of this model.

I would like to know the variations of the model and the years it was made if possible. Also wondering what is the best way to go about checking the oil in the gear box? The plug is in a tight spot.
I've never been able to find much on these mowers I would like to hear anything about them. Thanks.
Toneman1 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toneman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 3:57pm
You might try this website, as they offer to have parts for them.
www.lacal.com
Don't worry about the mule going blind, just load the wagon.
ac-mike View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac-mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 4:29pm
I would need to see a picture of yours. I do not remember having problems with checking the oil level in the main gearbox. There was more than one type of gearbox used on them. I do have a manual for one of the later models but I do not have any information about years. Dave was correct about Bush hog buying them out but there are very few parts still available. I do have a part donor at this time.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 5:09pm

Best I can do for now....dark in the old barn and flashlight was givin out. Fill plug is at top. There is another plug about middle ways down of the box.

Here is a pic from mowing a couple days ago.

The mower in the pics is my neighbors....he lets me use it and I keep it in my barn so It doesn't have to set outside. It needs covers made for it to cover the belts.

I have the same mower and it has the original covers....it needs a new deck welded on it. Both mowers have great gear boxes..bearings..and belts.

Edited by 79fordblake - 17 Jan 2012 at 5:12pm
Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 12:20am

I only see a couple parts on their that are the same as my 6 ft Lilliston.

Looks like I got a flying clipper, but mine is a 6ft.

Edited by Nathan (SD) - 18 Jan 2012 at 10:31am
ac-mike View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac-mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 8:02am
That clipper looks to be in good shape. I cannot see the gearbox close enough but I believe it to be a late model. Are the cutter shafts 1 1/4" on top or 1 3/8". The 1 1/4" are the newest style and much easier to service. You were concerned with where to check the oil. There should be a small plug in the rear that is the level plug and fill from the breather plug on top. You also mentioned the top shields. Most people left them off because they accummalated so much trash they would throw the belts or made great places for mice and bees. I see you have the nice hydraulic lift option. If you use it for a mower it is a great machine, but do not overpower it or make a bush hog out of it.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 8:50am
There is no way to get oil in the plug where its located...looks like you have to loosen the belt tensioners and slide the gear box back. I'll try to get better pics soon.
Yep I agree....great mowers.
Dave Richards (WV) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Richards (WV) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 9:47am

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Dave Richards (WV) Dave Richards (WV) wrote:

Oh man this is great...thanks for posting that. :)
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 12:59pm
All open to any info anybody has...this is great that I am starting to find some info thanks to yall guys on this forum. More literature and ads would be awesome.
To bad there isn't a forum dedicated to keeping these old beasts alive.
wnettles View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wnettles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 9:05pm
I have 2 Lilliston Flying Scots that I use on my tree farms for both grass mowing and for heavy mowing in rough woods (between rows of pine trees) and they hold up remarkably well.   I have been able to get parts from Ag Parts, Inc., 400 Linden Avenue, Jackson Center, OH 45334 (937-596-6448) in the past for the Borg gear box and the blade yoke.

They recommended replacing my OEM output shaft with a Bush Hog compatible 11 tooth spline shaft and sent me a Bush Hog hub to match.   I installed the hub on my blade yoke and have had good success with this setup.  

The Lilliston Flying Scot is one of the toughest built mowers that I have ever come across and survives all the punishment that my woods can dish out.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic