This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

615 backhoe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karl x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 615 backhoe
    Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 11:11am
hello,this is my first post on your site,I have been reading topics in the forum for a few years,I have been repairing a 1972 615 loader backhoe when I can in my spare time,I am currently trouble shooting hydraulic issues,the backhoe is two stick, someone has replaced the swing valve with a replacement,aftermarket valve, when it was installed they plumbed it in wrong,in to the power beyond plug,from the pump to out ect.,when i pulled thins apart to correct this,one hydraulic fitting had what looked like a pipe plug in the fitting,my repair manual only has a slight reference to this plug not much help,what i am wondering, how does this plug install correctly,and does it go in the power beyond plug line,i think i found it plumbed into the return,i know theres not a lot of information about this model,maybe someone else has worked on these before. Thanks
Sponsored Links

Dave A View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 5:48pm
you sure that it is not a JIC fitting. I think the hydraulic bank is a series on valve spools bolted together. Last time I check, you still could get the parts. They are good old machines

Edited by Dave A - 21 Nov 2011 at 5:51pm
Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game.
Winston Churchill
karl x View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karl x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 11:59am
Thanks,for your reply,you are correct about the original valve,the valve currently installed is aftermarket,one piece,my question is about the fittings,one of the three large fittings,flow in,return,power beyond plug,one is different,I am not sure they installed them in the correct port,my manual only makes a slight reference to a plug not much help, I not sure what all is incorrect,does the fitting with plug,reduced flow correct? THANKS
Dave A View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 9:02pm
can you post a pic
Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game.
Winston Churchill
karl x View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karl x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 12:13am
I will try to post a picture,as soon as I can,may take a couple of days,I am not great with computers,and use dail-up(slow)I know my description is hard to imagine,the three fittings that thread into the valve are about 1.5 inch in diameter on the end that threads into the valve body,the other end ,that the return line to the hydraulic tank,the feed line from the small port of the hydraulic pump,feed line to the loader control valve(power beyond plug)are .75 inch in diameter that the lines hook to,if you look at all three valves ,looking at the ends that threads into the swing valve,1.5 inch diameter end,the one fitting has what looks like a pipe plug with a hole in the center to meter the flow through that fitting the others are wide open,I am not sure which line it goes to,or whether this is correct place for this plug. Thanks for your reply,I will work on pics
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic