This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A.C. 190 XT Series III

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cop tzr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A.C. 190 XT Series III
    Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 5:05pm
Newbie to the forum here...have question about tractor
Allis Chalmers 190 XT Series III

Had all clutches done by dealer, now they have issue where it the shuttle shift LOW-Neutral-HIGH will go into the center position but will keep driving. They blamed it on cold fluid, but after some runtime they admit it will not go into neutral. They tried swapping the valve off another tractor which was working, both tractors did the same thing(working tractor stayed working, ours did not) The say it is not internal as other things would happen. After another week of them searching for answers it is going to be split again.

anyone have some ideas to run through before they tear it all back down?
anyone have some ideas to run through when it is torn apart?

Keep in mind there are several A.C. mechanics working on this, but old experiences with the same issue and tractor might help.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links

Orange Blood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Blood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 6:29pm
Welcome to the forum,  glad you are here.  Stay tuned to others you will get good advise here.

I would tend to think that if the valve wasn't the issue, the discs are too tight in the clutch pack.  I seem to remember a service bulitin on the 7060 p/s trans for cutting slits in the outer diameter of the clutch pack piston, This is probably in no way related, but just a  though to look into, i.e. were there service bullitins were they performed, and were new parts used that required minor modifications to existing parts, because of better design after production.

Edited by Orange Blood - 13 Nov 2011 at 6:31pm
Still in use:
HD7 WC C CA WD 2-WD45 WD45LP WD45D D14 3-D17 D17LP 2-D19D D19LP 190XTD 190XTLP 720 D21 220 7020 7030 7040 7045 3-7060
Projects: 3-U UC 2-G 2-B 2-C CA 7-WC RC WDLP WF D14 D21 210 7045 N7
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 6:52pm
If there are no broken or warped discs or seperator plates ( I'd assume all was new when they had it apart and they are the correct parts) then I'd be thinking the ears on each clutch piston (the old one piece design) are bent backwards causing drag OR the clutch hub teeth are damaged from an earlier failure not allowing the discs to slide on them. You never said WHY the Power Director clutch was taken apart to begin with.
stray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 9:30pm
I would frist check these bushings and make sure there wasn't any movement in them, even a very little bit movement will cause the power director to act differant.

When I frist got my 190XT on a hill that it should roll in neutral, when I put it in gear with the power director in neutral it would roll up hill, but it would slip under heave pull. I check these bushing and there was a little movement, so little that I thought it wasn't enough play. But I decided to go ahead and replace them and it took care of the problem with trying to move in gear and PD in neutral. It still slipped that took a shim in the relief valve to fix it.

Edited by stray - 13 Nov 2011 at 9:31pm
1969 190XT series 3
Mike_426 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_426 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 11:12am
Anyone got the part #s for the bushings mentioned above ? My 200 needs em .... mike
G, 200, 8050 mfd, D17, 195 chainsaw, c-wide front
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 3:34pm
70243049 -
Remove the side plate - put trans in neutral, inspect the plates, the clutch plates should be free, use a screw driver to 'rattle' the plates, then reach in and spin the power director , it should spin free.
A rubber tip air nozzle can be used to check out high and lo clutches.
Each should 'snap' in and then completely release each time air is applied.  
Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 4:31pm
Mike I made a set for the 200 last year. I took the linkage off and used a piece of pipe, welded a bracket to it installed a greaes zerk. I also had to build up the shaft. I did have lots of play in it before but good as new now.
Leon B MO
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
stray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 4:46pm
The bushing that is mounted to the plate is 70243049, and the bushing in the torque housing is 70243061.
1969 190XT series 3
Mike_426 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_426 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 6:38pm
Thanks for the info guys ! I'm gonna pull it apart and see what I find ..... Are they the same part # for the 200 ?

Edited by Mike_426 - 10 Feb 2012 at 6:40pm
G, 200, 8050 mfd, D17, 195 chainsaw, c-wide front
stray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 7:05pm
I looked them up as a 200 incase they were differant, but I don't think so
1969 190XT series 3
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic