This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD45 Wheel weight bolts.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD45 Wheel weight bolts.
    Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 8:14pm
I have a full set of wheel weights on my WD45 and I have done what most people do for the front ones, ground down one side of a carriage bolt. Later on I would like to use the correct bolts though, any aftermarket supplier have them? I have heard the dealer can still get them but at a hefty price. I was wondering how much the front and rear weights weigh also. Thanks guys.

I looked at the weight of the weights on many other sites, wow there are a bunch of different answers for what they weigh, figured It would be best asking here.
Sponsored Links

Dans 7080 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dans 7080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 10:06pm
Look closely there is two different rear weights. One weighs 135lbs per side and one 150.
79fordblake View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 10:15pm
Mine look like this.
Dans 7080 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dans 7080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 10:50pm
I think those are the 150s. Id have to reweigh mine to remember which are which. The other set for them are about a half inch bigger in diameter and maybe a quarter inch thinner. They also have notches on two of the half round holes.
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Dans 7080 Dans 7080 wrote:

I think those are the 150s. Id have to reweigh mine to remember which are which. The other set for them are about a half inch bigger in diameter and maybe a quarter inch thinner. They also have notches on two of the half round holes.

I believe the weights you are talking about are actually for the B.

Edited by Rfdeere - 27 Sep 2011 at 11:28pm
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 12:42am
Are the front ones about 80 pounds? Trying to figure out about how much the tractor weighs, its a wide front end.
Dans 7080 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dans 7080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 7:40am
Il try and get a pic of them. If you dont look at them closley you would never know the difference. I pointed out the difference to the local dealer, Hes 70 and the smartest Allis man I know, and he had never noticed the difference. They are for a WD45, Grandpas tractor came from the factory with a set of them.
TedBuiskerN.IL. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TedBuiskerN.IL. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 2:32pm
The WD rear weights are close to 135#, the B weights with the notches and larger OD are 150#, and the front donut weights are 93# according to my antique Fairbanks platform scales.
Most problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives.
Dans 7080 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dans 7080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 9:42pm
This is the set of weights that came on Grandpa's WD45. The next pic will show the notch.

Dans 7080 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dans 7080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 9:44pm
Close up of the notch. The notches are next to each, other not across.

Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 9:53pm
   Those are B weights.

Dans 7080 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dans 7080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 10:11pm
Rfdeere, How do those mount to a B? I have never seen a B with a set of them on it. Those are the weights that came with Grandpas WD45. I was always told they were 45 weights. I am always willing to learn something new.
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 10:14pm
Dans 7080 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dans 7080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 10:24pm
Thanks Rfdeere, I had no idea. Ive never seen them on a B, only on a WD, WD45. I have two sets of each. Is one set more common than the other?
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 10:31pm
   The WD/WD45 weights (no notches) are much more common, I think ?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 11:21pm
Thanks for all the extra info about the weights guys. I'm wondering why they made a set that would fit a B and WD/WD45 though? Also still wondering if there are any aftermarket supplier of the correct bolts for the front wheel weights?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic