This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waukesha B Serial#86 is here!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waukesha B Serial#86 is here!!!
    Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 9:02pm
Thanks to murph from this site my dad and I now have a 1937 waukesha B in our collection. I call the seller first thing this AM and my dad ment him after work. This now is our rarest tractor in our collection.
Allis tractor puller CA WC WD D17
Sponsored Links

DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 9:10pm
That is awesome! From what i've heard about those, she seems to be pretty much right and all there. Don't suppose she runs to boot? I wouldn't get that lucky, but you might. Does that have an adjustable arched front axle? I can't tell. It kinda looks that way in the bottom pic. Congratulations. Those are hard to come by around here.
I didn't do it! It was a short, fat, tall, skinny guy that looked like me!
Jamie NC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 9:14pm
Motor is free,but has not run in alot of years. has been inside the last 7 or 8 years or so!!! Axel is not adjustable,from what I know the adjustable axle was on 38 up maybe. We have a 38 with that axle on it to.
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 9:28pm
Neat!!! One more Waukesha saved. Keep us updated on your progress.
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 9:33pm
Looks good to me. If the motor is free and none of the rods have tried to escape, she'll probably run soon. Little mag work, little carb work, and you'll be ridin. Keep us posted as you work on her. Good luck.
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 9:46pm
Never noticed before, but clutch pedal looks different than others(among many other differences). May just be the way i'm looking at it. How are the rear rims and hubs?
John (C-IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John (C-IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 9:47pm
Hey, a brass tag B! LOL
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 9:53pm
Jamie, Nice find! Looks like a great tractor. Keep us posted on the progress. Tracy Martin
Jamie NC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 9:53pm
yep....got me a brass tag B.....just not green and yellow one tho.....lol
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 7:11am
Great find  extra bonus to have the s/n tag sill on it!!!
Dale H. ECIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale H. ECIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 8:01am
Congratulations on your 1937 B, looks like it is pretty well complete including original steering wheel and front rims. The big plus is the brass tag!!! 
Allis Chalmers Museum, Paris, Il.http:// www.allischalmersmuseum.com 217-275-3428
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 8:07am
Congrats Jamie!!  Nice find and it looks really good already.  Just needs some TLC now.
Keep us posted!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
tractorman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 9:07am
my 38 has the same style clutch pedel, they were on very early ones.
David Gibson (OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Gibson (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 9:19am
Wow! Congrats Jamie. I bet you were smiling ear to ear on the way home.
David Gibson
http://www.darkecountysteam.com
1956 WD45
BrettPhillips View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrettPhillips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 11:44am
It would be REALLY cool if that cultivator is original to the tractor.  I would imagine that they were somehow different from later versions.  Maybe a parts book could help.  Good job on your part at any rate!
Bob-Maine View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob-Maine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 2:43pm
Jamie, Congratulations. Great find. Does anyone know how many '37 B's are now known to exist. Bob@allisdowneast
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
TMiller/NC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 8:28pm
Jamie, will we see it at the show in May?  Congratulations on the find......... Tim
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 8:44pm
Jamie, awesome find!

You sure don't see the Wauk. B's in that kind of shape! You probably found the best wauk. B in its mostly original condition (other than a repaint). That is one heck of a find!
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 9:07pm

Having been part of the restoration of a 1938 B751 and missing the actual padded wood seat back for a pattern. I couldn't help but notice the seat back on this 37. Does it look like something sombody just made up or could it have been all or part of a original wood seat back?

What kind of rear rims and lock blocks does old #86 have?   B 751 has the split rims with the special blocks made only for split rims.

Jamie NC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 9:34pm

Tim I will have it at the show in may. hopefully it will b running by then.

Ken...it has the split wheel on the rear...don't know about seat back yet. will have to investigate that soon.
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 9:41pm
Cool Jamie.  Keep us posted on your progress. Did I meet you at the GOTO at Arden?
Jamie NC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 10:12pm
I was there,but dont remember if we ment or not.
morton(pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morton(pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 8:39am
I am JEALOUS!!!!!!! Congrats on the find! I want to hear the story about this one!
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 11:40am
Sweet
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 3:25pm
Jamie,  How fortunate!!! The Waukesha B's are very rare.  Congratulations or an outstanding find. 
Keep in touch and let us know how it goes. 
Great to see that my favorate has a great home. 
Good Luck!
Bill Long
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic