This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

heald hauler

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: heald hauler
    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 4:52pm
Two things you could check is the clearances on the valves, or if the guides are worn bad you could lose vacuum both ways and so have a low pulse. Could you put the fixit on here when you're done. Thanks.     Leon
Sponsored Links

Kiwi View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 4:02pm
Hi all the herald hauler is a pretty cool machine I had pleasure of spotting a duzgo which is a New Zealand build machine which is similar www.spirit magazine.co.nz>it duzgo it is a pretty good story
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 3:00pm
My older brother had the Herald Super Bronco mini bike. I think it had the 10 hp engine on it. It would really go if you reached back and grabbed the governor. I think I have a picture somewhere.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
draacul View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote draacul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 1:32pm
LOng shot as it it is 4 years ago but i think i have the same heald hauler with the same stuck in reverse issue. Did you ever figure out more info on yours?
Please contact me if you have some help. Not much about mine out on the interwebs.
Thanks
allis g View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 11:37pm
Friend has one similar it’s called a turf-truk. Made in Turlock CA. bought brand new in Paso Robles CA at El Camino Equipment. By his grandpa in the early 70’s. Has a flat bed about 4’x4’ Harley Davidson disc brake on the drive shaft. Honda 10 horse engine from the factory, golf cart frame, and what looks like a ATC front end. Just this year finished a restoration on it. It was used to haul almonds back in the day.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 9:58am
A friend of mine has a 3-wheel model. His grandfather bought it new and it's still in the family. they use it to pick up rocks in the field. I used it for that 12 years ago and the dump box is neat.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 7:18am
Originally posted by Walter C Walter C wrote:

I would like to know, if you still have this equipment? If so, would it be possible to get a picture of the nameplate decal on the side of the dump body. I just purchased one yesterday and I am looking for information.
On the first page of this thread one of the pics clearly shows the decal.
Walter C View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 6:28am
I would like to know, if you still have this equipment? If so, would it be possible to get a picture of the nameplate decal on the side of the dump body. I just purchased one yesterday and I am looking for information.
Daveadams View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 9:41am
Originally posted by Daveadams Daveadams wrote:

Thought I would add this it runs good and is for sale 1700$ cashmakllalooking
Daveadams View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 12:06am
Thought I would add this it runs good and is for sale make me an offer thanks for looking
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 5:22pm
I would still try a remote gas tank hung above the carb and not running through the fuel pump. I have a large fuel filter that I cut one end off of and have a piece of rubber fuel line on the other. I have started and ran a lot of motors with it through the years. I had a kohler on a welder that I like to never got to run right. I did this to it and it ran well. I wound up buying an electric fuel pump from a small engine place to fix the problem.
normlf View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normlf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 2:42pm
I spoke to a man who works for a dealer that sells and services all manner of small engine products as well as parts. He's worked there for 30 years. He listened to the symptoms I described and advised, if it starts and runs even into mid-range RPMs....that the pump isn't the issue....they either work or they don't   And the carb is not the issue if it is clean...which it is. He suggested that two areas could be involved. One was the fuel as modern fuels with ethanol are different from the fuels of the 70s when that engine was designed and built....and he suggested refueling with premium level fuel.....which I will try. The other is that something could be affecting the strength of the pulses that operate the fuel pump. I've replaced the hose from the crankcase to the pump.....but some sort of leak with the dipstick tube....either the o-ring on the cap or the grommet in the crankcase could be leaking...and degrading the strength of those pulses .... Has anyone had any experience with either of these issues......what did you discover and / or fix?   
normlf View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normlf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 2:35pm
test/////
normlf View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normlf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2014 at 9:25am
I guess it might, but I would think that a bad crankshaft seal would be showing oil.....and this one isn't doing so.   I spent some time last evening scanning through a manual for that engine and found a note about crankcase vacuum.....it suggested that a bad grommet at the base of the dipstick tube or o-ring under the dipstick cap could affect crankcase vacuum....it didn't say, but that implies it could alter the pulse and thus affect running.....I'll check that out.....the seal idea makes some sense.

Anyone else have the same type of problem....???   Or can you suggest any ideas.

Norm   
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2014 at 6:59am
Originally posted by farmer0_1 farmer0_1 wrote:

i like the gravity feed idea ,  at least temp it that way to see how it runs.   got a boat fuel tank?

x2

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
farmer0_1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer0_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2014 at 11:26pm
i like the gravity feed idea ,  at least temp it that way to see how it runs.   got a boat fuel tank?
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2014 at 10:28pm
Check the fuel tank vent or vented cap. HTH tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2014 at 10:22pm
Would a bad seal in the crankcase cause a poor pulse? Would it run on a gravity feed tank, it surely can't use more fuel than what will gravity flow into it.
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 6 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
normlf View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normlf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2014 at 9:16pm
I thought about that and borrowed an electric pump from a neighbor.....but the pump pressure from the Briggs pump is 1.5 psi....and the automotive electric pump should put out 4 to 7 psi....and might well destroy the diaphragm inside the carb mounted pump....and just spent $21 for a kit that included the new gaskets and springs and diaphragm ...... not sure if I want to take that risk..

Any idea what might cause the pulse from the crankcase to be compromised....if that pulse is weak...the pump would be weak as well....just guessing what could affect the pump performance...a shot in the dark....
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2014 at 8:15pm
If you think it might be the fuel pump/supply issue could you put an electric one on for the time being to see if that eliminates the problem? That way you would know for sure on that part of it.
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 6 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
normlf View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normlf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2014 at 7:29pm
I am not sure if I'm at the right place...but if not, I apologize.....

I am working on a nice Heald Hauler with a cab and doors...and in nice shape for a machine of that vintage. It has developed a problem....it starts good, idles properly and runs decent at mid-level rpms, but seems to run out of fuel when at elevated rpms.   I assumed a problem with the carb or the built in fuel pump. Ordered a carb kit and dismantled and carefully cleaned the carb and made sure all passages were open.....three way, mechanically with a piece of fine wire, compressed air and carb cleaner.   All new parts gaskets, needle, idle screw, gaskets and also all internal fuel pump parts.   No better!!   Replaced fuel line and filter....no better.   Took the carb apart again in case I missed something.....no better.   Put a new hose from crankcase to pulse input barb on the pump....seemed a little better.....made sure passages was opened to crank case with probe and compressed air and then some carb cleaner....no better.   Does anyone have any idea what might cause this condition.....and suggest any fix......HELP   Not new to this sort of work....but I am missing something and don't know what it must be.... When engine starts to falter...if one lets up on throttle it will recover...and run decent.....   I'm missing something.....ideas welcome...and hoped for.
Herb(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herb(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2014 at 9:57am
You certainly hit the jackpot Norm; machine looks great, and a nice dump box. Son gave us an electric golf cart after I got hit with scoliosis. We have 2+ acres of gardens.  We don't like getting wet when a small shower occurs.  Problem is how to double roof size using some foldaway method so easily stores inside.  Plan adding a readily removable, powered, hinging dump box; hope to find one at bone yard of some large golf cart dealer.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2014 at 9:00am
One of the electrical contractors that I have worked for had a Cushman much like that.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 8:30pm
The 4 wheel version is a much nicer looking machine by far, I don't really care for the looks of the 3 wheel ones. 
normlf View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normlf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 8:10pm
The one I have is four wheeled with a cab. It has head lights and a tail light....and brake light. It has electric windshield wipers as well as a dent free dump box.   It even has usable OEM doors.

It also has turn signals......I am going to rebuild the carburetor......as oddly enough, it's run good for a couple of years that I know of....and now it's giving me a bit of trouble.....my bad luck. But not a major item...more of an irritation.

I have not decided on the sale price yet, but given everything involved, I suspect I'll be over $2K in asking.

Norm
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 7:54pm
The 3 wheel version must be more common, I see there are 2 of them for sale in MN. One for $900 and one with a dump box for $1200.
normlf View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normlf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 4:02pm
One was recently listed on EBay fro $2500, but I don't know if that sold. That one was in rough shape compared to the one I have which is quite nice.....starts and runs and drives decent. I fixed a lot of little things, but all minor in nature. Just started acting up a bit and I suspect the fuel pump in the carburetor is the culprit....and carb kits are available for $20 on EBay....so will bite the bullet and get that done.   Hard to work on those engine buried in between the frame rails and under the cab.....so I dread the job....but will get it done......    Parts for the 16 hp opposed twin seem to be readily available....but other than the fuel issue, this one seems good.....as is the drive train.

Thanks much for the sharing....will do so with you if I learn something of importance.

Norm
jslambert76 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jslambert76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 3:30pm
Norm
I have been doing a little research on these machines, because I recently acquired one and I am looking for a few parts. I have found that the 4 version ranges between $1,500 to $2,500. That's just what I have found and finding that wasn't real easy. If you're are looking for parts call Powertec. The number is 800 535 9529, www.powertecparts.com.

Good luck
Jeff
normlf View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normlf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 9:54pm
I had to look up Baxter.....I've been to Brainerd on business a couple of time about 10 years ago....nice area....but a bit cold for me...

The Heald Hauler belongs to a friend who just moved from a small horse ranch to a retirement condo.....because of Parkinson's   I hauled it to my shop to check it out, fix a couple of minor issues and then sell it..

I thought I might like to have it, but have to be honest with myself.....I have no real use for it....and don't want to tie up my garage space.

The Heald is in pretty decent condition. Start and runs good...drive works fine. Tires are good.   A crack or two that will be repaired and have cleaned it up some. Thought about fully restoring it, but not sure I want to spend that much time.

Would like some idea what they are selling for......can't find many for sale...apparently not real common.

Norm
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 9:42pm
That's pretty cool, no idea what it's worth but it looks like something I need.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic