This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RA / RC TRACTORS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianreikie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RA / RC TRACTORS
    Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 1:28pm
I have one of these ane i would like to find information on these units
Sponsored Links

DonDittmar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDittmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 1:43pm
The RC is a WC chasis with a model B engine, plus a low geared rearend to help the smaller B engine out. Was Ac's 1st attmept at a low cost 2 row tractor, did work out. Eventually replaced by the model C
Experience is a fancy name for past mistakes. "Great moments are born from great opportunity"

1968 D15D,1962 D19D
Also 1965 Cub Loboy and 1958 JD 720 Diesel Pony Start
ianreikie View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianreikie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 2:39pm
what about the ra model when i got this tractor i was told it had a ra combine engine??
Andrew Kimbrough View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Kimbrough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 2:56pm
hmm..  I dont think there is an ra in the allis tractor or combine line..  unless somebody else knows something on it that I dont..  Could it be a CA tractor?  If you post pictures surely somebody could identify what you have
Chalmersbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalmersbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 9:18pm
Combine engines were CR engines. Look at the engine serial # on the left rear flange by the air cleaner. The RC would have had a CE engine originally. see what you serial # starts with. Bob
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 9:30pm
AR combine
Chad(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 6:43am
The RC would have a R engine originally.
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 8:21am
Bump
ianreikie View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianreikie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 12:55pm
Mine has the wc style frame and had the hand brakes but the newer style gas tank and has electric start
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 1:08pm
All RC's were styled and had hand brakes. Probably all had electric start too. 
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 4:51pm
On the RCs.  Is the Engine SN easy to read?  I guess what I'm asking is, if it easy to see it would be on the top edge left hand rear flange of the cylinder block. If that is the case it should not be a original 125 RC engine which should have the SN on the back of the block. Am I correct in assuming all the RC engine SNs  were stamped on the back of the block?
GreenOrange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenOrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 6:16pm
No RC engines were stamped on the back of the block, they were on the left side flange.  They have an R prefix, as said.  Electric start was an option, not standard.
-John

Edited by GreenOrange - 11 Nov 2010 at 8:05pm
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 7:05pm
So if an RC had the original engine and had electric start, you would just about have to remove the starter to read the engine number?
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenOrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 8:06pm
I edited my post to be more clear.
WC7610 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WC7610 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 9:33pm

Charlie,

The engine serial number is on the bell housing right by the air cleaner.
Thanks

Most Bad Government has grown out of Too Much Government- Thomas Jefferson
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 10:14pm
During the years the RC was built with the so called B engine, which was in reality not a B engine. B engines in 40 and 41 were 116 inch displacement BE engines and the RC had a 125 engine.
The C came out at the same time as the RC and had a 125 engine.
Recent posts of the low number early Cs show the engine SN stamped on the rear of the block like the Bs with BE engines of the same vintage.
The question came up about the location of the engine SN on a RC. Specifically RC #9
Terry Deans AC Data book places the engine SN on a RC to be "Rear of  Block".
The R prefix engines according to AC dealers part catalog dated June 1964 is described as engines in 3-3/8 bore 60H power units both gasoline and low octane.
What is written and what is real seems to be in conflict. Just trying to clear up what is for real.
RichinWis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichinWis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 7:48am
Two things have to be remembered, 1 the R engines predated the C tractor, and 2 the R engine was the first of the 125 cu in engine. I'm sure because the RC needed all the help they could get.
ianreikie View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianreikie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 8:09am
I thank all the posts on this subject.  I will have to do some looking this weekend to find out where the SN is and what it is for sure.  I also would like to know if there is literature on line that can be read or is it just in books for purrchase.  Thanks again for all the info
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 8:20am
Here is a good site with lots of info.

Tractordata.com also has some more info.
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 6 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenOrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 5:00pm
The "rear of block" may be referring to the left side mounting flange at the rear of the engine... or it could be just wrong (like you'll sometimes see the tractor # location on a U listed as on the top of the transmission).  RC#9, specifically, does not have its original engine - it has a later engine.  I have seen a few R engines  in power units, but they were all later than the RC tractors.

Edited by GreenOrange - 12 Nov 2010 at 5:03pm
1946WP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1946WP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 8:30pm
I have 2 rc's ,both have r engine serial #'s located on the engine flange by the air cleaner.
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 7:13am
I used to own RC #8 the engine# was R12G and was stamped on the engine flange, the tractor was at Rolog this past labor day and the present owner gave me the privelage of driving it through the parade.
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 7:23am
Mark, if your number was that low and on the flange maybe all the RC engines were that way and just the early CE's were on the back.
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 6 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic