This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis chalmers TL 12 loader information

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC 89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis chalmers TL 12 loader information
    Posted: 08 May 2024 at 7:16pm
I'm getting a new to me TL12 this weekend. Was wondering what you all think of them? Are they fairly easy to find parts for? Mines the later version with square front cab and has Allis-Chalmers stamped in the rear weight. It has a D17 motor. Tires are kn really good shape. It's orange and I'm wondering if that was a option? Or is it supposed to be ac construction yellow? Overall it's in real good condition. I'll post pictures when I can. Thanks everyone. I enjoy the input.
Sponsored Links

AC 89 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC 89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2024 at 9:32pm
I would also be interested in any original literature
wade89 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wade89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2024 at 10:06pm
I believe they came in orange or yellow from factory. One we have is orange and another looks like it was orange underneath cat yellow. We’ve got the older style. I believe the axles and trans are different than yours. You should have planetaries like the 14 (check the oil in them). They’re sure handy, beats a wheeled type skidsteer any day of the week. They’re not too oversized to do a lot of things around the homestead in comparison to our 922B and yet it’s still heavy enough to pick a car or something that size. Once you start using it, you’ll realize a loader on any farm tractor is obsolete for most things.
AC 89 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC 89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2024 at 10:13pm
Yes I'll be sure to check all of the fluids. I would post a picture but my phone is not allowing me to. I'm thinking it will be handy around here. I'm eventually going to find a set of forks and possibly fabricate a grapple. I don't plan on using it real hard. Just a neat piece to have around and eventually paint.
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2024 at 7:10am
I really like mine,  since I got it going I use it all the time.  Not as nimble as a skid steer in tight quarters and the rear steer takes some getting used to, but it will move more material per pass and take a 1600 round bale down the road at 20 mph.
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
AC 89 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC 89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2024 at 10:35am
For what I'm going to do I think it'll be a good machine
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2024 at 8:14pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2024 at 7:02am
oh boy,  im not the greatest videographer but tried to at least document what i was doing lol
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
AC 89 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC 89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2024 at 10:39am
Thank you for the video mine I'd the later version of the tl12
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic