This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ford f150 oil change

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ford f150 oil change
    Posted: 03 May 2024 at 8:08pm
Sponsored Links

ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 11:12am
no drain plug or dipstick,---- dont buy the pile of ****!!! 
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 5:17am
If it is a 1/4 turn valve it is a Fumoto valve. 

After having my oil changes at the dealership (free first oil change) many years ago, I ended up pulling some of the threads on the drain plug. (The dealership did take care of towing and repairing it.) I, now, install a Fumoto valve on every new vehicle I buy.

A local guy that has a large truck repair facility sells them (available online too) and says he installs a Fumoto valve in every truck he does routine maintenance on. He says they have replaced a couple oil pans at their expense. The Fumoto valve is preventative.

By the way, F-150's come from the factory with a regular drain plug.
tom51 View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 10:43pm
2018 F-150 with a 5.0 I bought a oil change package at my Ford dealer that includes 3 oil changes tire rotation and a car wash for 140 dollars less than 47 dollars a change don’t have to worry about the mess or what to do with the used oil
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 1:25pm
All of the above is why I'll NEVER again buy a new vehicle. What I now have should outlast me.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Acguywill Acguywill wrote:

Well at least it has a drain. My parents have a diesel range rover and to change oil in it you have to suck it out of the top. No drain plug and yes a special tool is required. So much for doing your own oil changes, I guess they need to keep making money off you. The thing doesn't have a dipstick either, have to trust the computer. No way of even looking at or feeling the oil to see if something is not right. Oh well probably void the warranty if you touch anything anyway.

My son’s BMW does not have a dipstick either. Computer indicates when 1 quart low.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 9:28am
    Can you slip a hose over the end??
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
Acguywill View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acguywill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 9:00am
Well at least it has a drain. My parents have a diesel range rover and to change oil in it you have to suck it out of the top. No drain plug and yes a special tool is required. So much for doing your own oil changes, I guess they need to keep making money off you. The thing doesn't have a dipstick either, have to trust the computer. No way of even looking at or feeling the oil to see if something is not right. Oh well probably void the warranty if you touch anything anyway.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 6:45am
FORD is supposed to have a better idea... NOT
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
bobkyllo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobkyllo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 3:03am
Boy guys did I get one heck of an education on oil changes today. 2018 ford f150 5.oliter 4x4.

What kind of bone head would change from the standard screw in oil plug to this stupid yellow 3/4 turn rinky dink piece of garbage.

Oh and how evil of them to point the oil plug at not only the sway bar but also the trans cooler. The oil hits it and goes all over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic