This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Medicare coverage insurers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 8:32pm
Do you midwesterners have trouble finding provders who are accepting medicare? Getting close to sign up age. Went in for my physical exam yesterday and my md says he is no longer accepting new medicare patients.
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 9:56pm
I had not been to the Dr for several years... Turned 70 and thought i should start getting a "yearly test" ..... Called the Local office that has 3-4 Dr. all in the same building.. Got an appointment 2 weeks later. All setup with Medicare payments.. I didnt do anything but show them "THE CARD"..

Did the same thing with Dentist.. Secretary took all the "Medicare" data.. or AETNA should i say, and i had very little involvement.

These are RURAL areas... Several towns 5- 10,000 people in a 50 mile radius... You have to get oer 50 miles to get to "the big city".

Edited by steve(ill) - 30 Apr 2024 at 9:59pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2024 at 4:32am
Have noted prior had Humana Advantage, all too many medical people had quietly stopped certification on Humana plan, still accepted their payment however charged client for remainder as again was not on the certification side so essentially became outside Network Coverage.
Moved to Aetna, so far so good and as noted pays for more than just Medicare basics, most of my providers are satisfied(For Now) with Aetna payment schedules.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 12:55pm
We have an Advantage plan because the doctor we have been using was in the system for that plan. My wife had kept a Delta Dental plan from her old job as until the one doctor dentist left suddenly and the new dentist that took over informed us, she would not except Delta or our Advantage plan dental coverage. My wife found one group dental office that excepts our Advantage dental plan. After a years wait went in for a teeth cleaning yesterday. They only do Special Deep Cleaning with a copay of $45 per quadrant or $180. So in a standard 1 hour appointment the hygienist did 1/2 my teeth for $90. 

So a way to get in your pocket and still make you think your insurance is helping.Confused Maybe , probably . What alternative is there?

Dr P I wish I was closer.

The hygienist told me my gums would be sore today since it was about 2 years since I had been cleaned. They are not thankfully, or did she just not work as hard as she said she was?
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 9:22pm
Thing is to find a insurance plan and their provider listing of doctors who are in their network . 
 With dental insurance it was harder to find someone who accepted the Ucare Dental through their plan so asked them for a listing of who they had . 
  Doctor I had for several years retired , next primary left the clinic , (dang and she had beautiful blue eyes )  next went into management then retired , so in just a few years it was like revolving door of who I would see next visit . 
 You can look up many doctors or clinics and find who is taking patients , this by yourself , or find what doctors are taking which Medicare advantage plan .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 3:54am
Sadly these ‘Advantage ‘Plans that are supposed to reflect what Medicare will convert to are as bad with some worse. If have no deep maladies or issues they can perform well yet so too can Medicare at same money and with doctors more readily accepting. For any serious issues as with the Cubital Tunnel in both my elbows the typical is only around 50% payment where the Clinics Doctors or Hospitals billing the patients for the remainder. And No, even if on the plan program they yes must accept the payment level of the provider, however, that does not impress they cannot bill for the remainder. Medicare is straight forward and absolute, you have A Single level percentage to pay after medicare pays their amount.

Quickly finding from others they must swap plan providers every few years as they either reduce payouts to physicians where they stop being On Program or the plans start ramping back support values. Ring around the Rosey.

Dental is a altogether different animal, my ex employer provides a bulk draw system of $3100/yr, max is a two year bank, submit billing and the money is reimbursed. So far the employer is still supporting that.

Advantage is for the Insurer not the patient in general Regard, they get paid your Medicare premium and you get what they drip out.

Edited by DMiller - 03 May 2024 at 3:55am
Kardwo View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kardwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2024 at 6:17am
Man, that sounds frustrating! Dealing with insurance can be such a headache sometimes. I've been there, feeling like you're stuck in a loop of double speak and hidden fees. It's a real bummer when you're promised one thing and end up with something completely different. Lately, I've been thinking about life insurance too, you know, just to make sure my family's covered if anything happens. Been checking out purecover.co.uk to see what options are out there. Better to be safe than sorry, right? Hang in there, and hopefully, things will work out better in 2024.

Edited by Kardwo - 14 May 2024 at 6:18am
jdeere562 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdeere562 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2024 at 2:50pm
I just went to my local insurance agent. She could explain the options and give advice. Throw all that junk stuff they send in the mail away without opening it. I think mine is Blue Cross and Blue Shield. I can still go to my own DR and not one of those "in network" places in the city. They have paid well for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic