This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis-Chalmers Snow Cat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisChalmers37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis-Chalmers Snow Cat
    Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 10:18am
I was looking at this website that Coke gave on the construction forum and while there it showed three of these things called Allis-Chalmers Jeep Snow Cat. Now I maybe stupid but those things look alot like the almost impossible to find M7 Snow Tractor. I guess all of these are for sale they are located at a used tractor salvage place.

Don't just take my word for it see for yourself.

Now compare this to the M7 Snow tractor.

1937 WC, 1950 CA, 1959 D14, 1967 190XT, 2006 Ram 3500
Sponsored Links

JohnThomas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnThomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 10:57am
Looks like the same Animal to me too. Sure be a good looker if you could restore one!
Life is short...Make haste to be kind
Rick of HopeIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick of HopeIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 5:30pm
I wonder why the engine is not over it's own steer axle on the two in the junkyard,  maybe someone used the parts to make a more conventional crawler.
1951 B, 1937 WC, 1957 D14, -- Thanks and God Bless
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 5:48pm
Now, the question is, is that someones after sale modification, or is it a factory variation of the same machine?
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by LouSWPA LouSWPA wrote:

Now, the question is, is that someones after sale modification, or is it a factory variation of the same machine?
it looks like the added length in the truck frame was added to the rear of the frame, which seems odd, since that would create more work in relocation the front end (motor, grille, rad, etc) rather than just extend the truck frame forward and remove the front axle/wheels 
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Rick of HopeIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick of HopeIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 5:55pm
and it may be just the way the parts are piled up.
1951 B, 1937 WC, 1957 D14, -- Thanks and God Bless
Bob-Maine View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob-Maine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 6:42pm
I'm going with Lou. If you look at the truck frame, there are five vertical full-length members on the restored unit. The salvage yard unit has had the truck frame extended toward the rear. But this might still be a worthwhile project. But not for me. I have too many that I'll never finish as it is. Bob@allisdowneast
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic