This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis CA -New Addition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis CA -New Addition
    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 7:34pm
Pick this up in AR this today.
Bought it about 2 weeks ago on Big Iron sale.
Also got the Wheels 11.2 x 36" for another Allis project.

Sponsored Links

Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 8:48pm
Good Looking CA!!  Looks original. 
What is that in the background of the first picture?   Looks like a steel wheeled F-20 or F-30.  You know, I thought the F-20 was a great tractor to pull a 60 combine.   Was slow enough to do allow the combine to do a really GREAT JOB!  Frankly, I feel that the F-20 and F-30 were classic Farmall tractors.
Let us know how it goes with the CA.  That is really a find!
Good Luck!
Bill Long

Edited by Bill Long - 21 Apr 2018 at 8:51pm
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 9:33pm
X2 on the great looking CA. I drove one our neighbors had back in the late 50's and I loved it. Would love to have one now but I have too many other projects. They are great little tractors.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 11:06pm
The first tractor that my dad had was a F-20. So every time I see a F-20 I take a good look at it. I don't think that I've seen two F-20's that were exactly alike. I've even seen one that had rear split rims. It was painted the old IHC blue.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 6:10am
That looks GREAT Richard.  Nice find!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Richardmo View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 7:20am
The tractor in the background is a F 30.
Round spoke wheels on the rear.
macvette View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macvette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 8:49am
Great find on the CA, Richard.  I have a CA that I run a couple times a year, and look at lots more often than that!  Narrow front, like yours.  Would like to be able to use it, but I only live on one acre, and my little AC garden tractors are better suited for my "small farm"!   Grew up with an RC, so the foot brakes on the CA are heavenly.     Lol.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic