This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What Is This?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boldzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Is This?
    Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 11:38am
I recently purchased some property in Northern AZ and there is an abandoned Allis Chalmers piece of construction equipment. I want it gone, but would need to secure an abandoned vehicle title. I have no idea how to pull the VIN on this equipment. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 12:13pm
There were no titles for these.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 12:21pm
the vehicle is called a Motor Grader.. The model is a "45" ... Im no expert, but its probably from the 1950 era.. The motor would be the same as one of the mid size tractors.  As mentioned, it has not title, just like a lawn mower, or small tractor.. You could put an add in the local paper or Craigs List and sell it as is... Probably worth $800. at the local scrap yard. Im sure SOMEONE would pay that or more to take it home.  Put a picture, model #45, and "about" 1950 with a price and let the buyer figure out the rest.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 12:24pm
data plate will be below the cab door on the right hand side on the platform.  decal says 45 but you cant trust that.  it will have a serial #  and model #.  looks like an AD40 or 45 model.   looks like the radiator is MIA

Edited by CAL(KS) - 12 Mar 2018 at 12:25pm
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Boldzie View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boldzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 12:56pm
Some more Pix I have...
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 1:00pm
top picture is hyd pump tag and bottom is just a casting #

the model and serial # tag will be similar to the hydraulic pump tag but larger
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 1:09pm
By the way, you can give back to the people who help you with advice by being thankful, which you have been doing, pictures, and if you run into a unusual problem and fixed it and how you did it, it will be much appreciated by all. And if we can have a laugh or two along the way, that'll be fine too.
Boldzie View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boldzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 1:14pm
OK. Thanks all! I'm a bit stuck. I went to the DMV to ask and you would have thought I was speaking to them in another language. All they could tell me was that I had to haul this beast to a Level 2 inspection center...which isn't happening. Looks like I can throw this up on Craig List.

Thanks!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 2:06pm
A scrap dealer will come and get it in some cases if CL fails, list as a 'Parts Machine', 'No Radiator, Engine condition UNKNOWN'
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 5:44pm
Hell, put it on the classifieds, here, someone close by might want it.  Just the tires alone make it a great parts machine...Wink
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 5:58pm
guys you got it all wrong Big smile

Get the beastie running, USE it on your property THEN when (if) the owner comes by, say well..you OWE me $$$$ for getting her running again.

I'd easily spend a week on it, especially if you've got more than 1 acre....PERFECT tool for road clearing,widening, snow removal, brush control........
There ain't NO way I'd haul to scrappers until I tried to get her running !!
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 6:45pm
I'd guess an AC 45.  It looks like the lift gearbox driveshaft goes to the bottom of the box and IIRC earlier ones went to the top.

If that is true - if the engine has a supercharger it is a "Forty Five" and early production.  If it has a 10000 engine (injectors on top of the heads) it is a "45"

As to age I think they came out about 1953, the "45" was about 1961 - 63.  IIRC!

Edited by Ian Beale - 12 Mar 2018 at 6:53pm
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 7:17pm
No need what so ever to have a title for that piece of equipment. I'll take it off your hands without a title. Darrel
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 7:55pm
the owner abandoned it. I would think it went with the property just like tumbleweeds or snakes.
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 9:18pm
I remember when I bought my 29 acres. There were some cows and equipment on it. I remember the real estate people told the seller that in 30 days when it was to be closed what ever was left on the property became mine. The last day they pulled the 8n out and parked it along the side of the road. cows were gone. I'm sure every state is different.
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 5:51am
Michigan is similar. Prior to close on a foreclosure the bank does a clean out where they send in a company in to remove any asset it deems worthy to sell or junk.

We bought a small farm nect to us in foreclosure. They pulled out a large model Case articulated tractor one day prior to our closing. We inherited a 6 row corn head, wheat head, conveyors. Grain drills and tons of junk. We junked it all and as scrap was high, we made $18k. Really would have loved to have a great AC piece of equipment on the property .
James Coons View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Coons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 11:24pm
I know a guy in AZ that might like thatThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic