This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PSB pump part numbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PSB pump part numbers
    Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 12:49pm
Wondering if anyone has a parts list for the PSB 4 pump on hd7g and hd6e, etc. I need to find the small parts, retainer, follower (I'll call it a 'button'), etc at base of injector head. Probably can't find them for this specific application, but maybe off something else of that era. Thanks.Ouch
Semper Fi USMC    1958 HD6G, 1959 MF 203 loader, 1960 Case 420B Backhoe, MF 65 Tractor/Loader Diesel
Sponsored Links

TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 4:12pm
AMBAC has very good library of technical stuff.

http://www.ambacdiesel.com/product_images/uploaded_images/psb4a.pdf
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 4:40pm
Tramwayguy

Do you have a link to similar for the PSB6 pumps?  I had a look but haven't found one on the Ambac site.

TIA
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 1:50pm
doctorcorey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 3:13pm
Called ambac and they have the retainer and button in stock. 3 bucks for the retainer and 65 for the button.
Semper Fi USMC    1958 HD6G, 1959 MF 203 loader, 1960 Case 420B Backhoe, MF 65 Tractor/Loader Diesel
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 3:54pm
Tramway guy

Thanks - I didn't guess that I needed an "a" on the end
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 4:08pm
Another AMBAC pdf of hydraulic heads that I was pointed to - I don't have the link to the Ambac site location but do have the pdf

Title is "Replacement list for American Bosch hydraulic heads applicable to PSB, PSJ, PSM, PSU and Model 100 fuel injection pumps"  Section D 240/1, Sept 1976
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:20pm
I ordered my parts from AMBAC Monday morning, and they arrived at noon today. Very pleased. 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:53pm
Hope you do not have to part the old gal out.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 3:27pm
I hope so, too.I've got two of them, but I need a 7 or 9 size dozer. If I get it running I can sell it whole.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 4:37pm
I also have two, or rather 1 1/2 as I am already robbing major parts off the donor.

I would like to have a 16/16B, about the correct size for what I need do but the finances won't take it. May end up with competitor unit same size for parts control.
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 7:59pm
TramwayGuy

I've just had a look at those Ambac pdf's.  Interesting that the PSB4 one is about 10 pages and the PSB6 one is 203 pages.  It has a lot of variations listed.

Allis stuff around page 150 doesn't seem to list for the Lanova engines in AC 45 graders - might need another look.  There are a lot for 10000 and 11000 engines.

Seems there were NA 11000's - I thought they were turbos?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:43pm
Got my 7g fired up today. Crushed a trailer full of hornets and ripped up some road sections. Braced myself with a sixer of Bud before I attacked the trailer.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 6:43pm
Does anyone know , on the psb4 pump, if there is some type or sealer used on the flange of the control shaft housing where it meets the hydraulic head? I've got a very slow drip here that will need some attention, it's impossible to tell if the diesel is leaking through the shaft, or the flange. Otherwise she's running great. Ouch
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 10:34pm
Corey...I love it....my attack would have been with silver bullets though.. In the last 50 years I've learned that I can't get out of an open cab dozer in time to avoid major bee stings..... but this enclosed D5NXL cab has made me a winner!! Can't wait to find one now!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 5:36am
Last trailer load or actually bus load of yellow jackets were bombed here, damned critters manage to get inside then cannot get out and get madder and madder. We got there found the inside more alive than out went and bought two Bug Grenades, set them off chucked them in and went home. Week later all we had to do was sweep the buggers out, crackle nicely in a open fire!!

Edited by DMiller - 09 Oct 2017 at 5:36am
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 4:00pm
I've only had one minor run-in with wild bees on an open dozer.

Advice was to get down in the hot air from the blower fan.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by AC Mel AC Mel wrote:

Corey...I love it....my attack would have been with silver bullets though.. In the last 50 years I've learned that I can't get out of an open cab dozer in time to avoid major bee stings..... but this enclosed D5NXL cab has made me a winner!! Can't wait to find one now!
  I got my worst stinging by a big paper wasp nest hanging from the center bar under the battery box lid. Pulled off the lid to connect the batteries, and it looked like the whole Luftwaffe rising up to attack me. Big red wasps, got stung 5 or 6 times, one on my knuckle which hurt the worst.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic