This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D21 Puller Ring and Pinion swap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D21 Puller Ring and Pinion swap
    Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 9:25pm
Wondering how much is involved in pulling the pinion shaft out.  Does it slip out the back or do you need to remove the trans??  Its been a while since I have been into it.  Thanks!
Miss Behavin - D21 Super Farm

Xcessive Tinkering - 190 XT Hot Farm Puller

Watch on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2TX1Af7aoA
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 10:21pm
Rearend has to be split from the 4-speed tranny. Axles come out first and drop down the bull gears.....remove the brakes completely........then remove the bull pinions......then lift out the bull gears......then remove the differential/ring gear......then the pinion shaft/gear. 210/220 pinion has 10 teeth versus the D21 9 tooth.
dhexom View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dhexom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 8:27am
iF YOU ARE TURNING THIS D-21 INTO A PULLER DO YOU HAVE THE PTO SHAFT FOR THAT TRACTOR AS A FRIEND NEEDS ONE LET ME KNOW CAN CALL ME AT 1-608-558-2111. THANKS DAVE
Mark D. View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 4:26pm
Sorry, that stuff is all long gone.  Sadly, 12 years ago it was a "parade ready" tractor.  According to Sumerix prices today, we could have tripled our money on it too!!
Miss Behavin - D21 Super Farm

Xcessive Tinkering - 190 XT Hot Farm Puller

Watch on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2TX1Af7aoA
SbarBRanch View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SbarBRanch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 6:07pm
  I have a D-21 series 2 that I would sell e-mail me at sbarbranch@yahoo.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic