This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CA puller FS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CA puller FS
    Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 6:30am
I have two 2500 pound CA pullers that I'll sell. Both are very reliable rock solid consistent winners. Both have the hand clutches removed with left axles installed. Both are currently set up to run E85. Please send a PM with questions and requests for pictures with your Email address. 
   One has a built up CE block, bored and stroked to 170 CID, cam & head work, D14/15 manifold, Holley carburetor, electronic ignition. HD Clutch to hold up to the extra power. Easily makes 2500 pounds and runs 3rd gear, at over 10 MPH. 18.4X16.1 Firestone full cut tires. This is a turn key winner. Even at 3000 pounds it's hard for bigger tractors to get ahead of it. Ready to win turn key puller $4500.
[TUBE]xxEUbb1qNmo[/TUBE]

Update 4/17/18.   This tractor with the D15 series II engine has been sold
  The other CA has a D15 series II engine (160 CID), that has head and cam work, Holley Carburetor and electronic ignition. HD clutch to hold up to the extra power. I'd sell the motor only or as a complete puller. Currently has 14.9X24 top cut rears, however I have others available to suit your local rules. as currently set up $2400.
 No weights included for either tractor.

Edited by PaulB - 14 Feb 2019 at 9:08am
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Sponsored Links

mjbower View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjbower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 7:34pm
Hope everything is ok Paul shocking to see both of these for sale. I am also hoping that you have a big project in store.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 6:18am
Things are OK for now. As I've been pulling for nearly 50 years I think it's time for someone else to have fun with these. I wish that I have the time to campaign these over a wider area to show people that little tractors are a lot of fun as well. I'll consider offers or trades. As I'm getting older, I will be transitioning into more of an advisory role for some of the younger fellows in my area that want to get into blown modified tractors. 
mjbower View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjbower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 6:52pm
PM sent
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 5:19am
Back to the top. The pulling season is over for me now. No competition showed up yesterday, So I didn't even bother to pull either tractor.  Along with both tractors listed above I have the custom parts to assemble an identical long block the is 170 CID in a CE block available. 
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 7:15am
SaaaaWEET!!  Love that sound!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 12:15pm
What in the world were you thinking by not pulling because there was no  competition at the last pull of the season?
Paul Wrote> No competition showed up yesterday, so I didn't even bother to pull either Tractor.   I presume you were talking about the 2  #2500 Class CAs FOR SALE.

Demonstrating the pulling ability of your CAs FOR SALE in a exhibition pull in front of a crowd of possible buyers seems like a missed opportunity to go home with a empty trailer.   With at least the one that out pulled the other.

There is nothing wrong with tootin your own horn.  I still treasure watching every video of you with your right hand squeezing the last rev possible out of a CA before the red flag flies. Not knowing what the competition did matters little.  I would like just once to hear the announcer saying the distance to beat is Paul Barnsley's Full Pull
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 2:43pm
Ken: Do you pull against yourself? ConfusedConfusedConfused  Not only was there no worthy competition , there was no one else for the class. Only my two CAs and I know just how that ends up every time. I used to travel all around to many places and regularly to eastern N.C. to pull.  There used to be a great group to pull with down there and there was almost always 6 or so in the 2500 class. A few were really good competitors. One especially good running Farmall B with a big inch combine motor. His problem was balance more than power. But when my two tractors are the class they're really no point when I have other club duties that I could tend to. 
   If there's anyone out there with what they think is a good pulling 2500 pound tractor of any brand, come to our spring pull and I'll pay everyone's entry fee that shows up for the 2500 pound class. The pull will be April 21st. with pulling starting at Noon at the Anne Arundle County Fairgrounds.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 11:03am
For anyone thinking of building a “hot CA” you can save yourself a lot of expense and time getting everything to work together. Both of these tractors are “Turn key” winners.

Edited by PaulB - 13 Feb 2018 at 11:56am
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 6:04am
BTT where are the 2500 pound pullers?
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 7:41am
around here the only thing below 3500 are farm stock (div 1) and  those might be 1 tractor every other pull, but part of the problem is our sled can stop 9k tractors so even wc's have it tough if the track is slightly tacky
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 12:06pm
Cal: do y’all have a true weight transfer sled or a stone boat with a small track and weight. The sled you see us pulling it the video will stop 12,000 pound HotFarm tractors and a G, Cub or Pony can start it. Even F12s can sometimes get a 100’ or more. At our fall pull my RC went nearly 200’ in both the 3000 Historic and Antuque classes twice what the 2 F12s in the class could do. Most don’t really know what a fun ride a little tractor can be when they only pull “Low Gear” classes. Our Spring pull is April 21st, I’ll challange anyone who thinks they have a strong 2500 pound tractor of any color to come give it a shot.
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 2:25pm
Paul, we use a transfer sled. Its a custom/home made sled that is long and heavy and the pan is pretty large. If the ground is tacky i have seen wc's spin out trying to start it. Here is a video of me pulling my uc last summer. It was 108 that day, it was brutal.  Notice how far the weight moved (not much)  to stop me.  That was the first place pull in 5000 div2.
[TUBE]nTRfrnBEVCw[/TUBE]

Edited by CAL(KS) - 13 Feb 2018 at 2:28pm
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 6:49am
Cal: That’s quite a good running UC you have there. It’s been more thant 40 years since I’ve seen anyone regularly pulling with a UC. That was back during the first season of pulls at “The Buck” 1974 if my memory is working this morning.
   Yes after watching your video, that is a poorly designed sled for smaller tractors. It kinda reminds me of what we were seeing in the midwest in the late 60’s. Some of the sleds here in the east are still hard to start, however for the most part, anyone can get many of them moving. The “Sitting Bull” sled in Virginia impressed me as much as any sled I’ve pulled. Back about 79 or 80 Danny Dean came to Fisherville and after seeing the small tri axle sled, made the comment “ That thing will never stop MY tractor”. There wasn’t anyone in a “SuperStock” class that got past 200’ that weekend. For us with modifieds, it was just like any other pull, good distances with a few “pull offs”.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 3:56am
Sale is in the works for the one with the D15 series II motor. The one pictured in the video with the bored and stroked CE block is still available.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 4:09pm
Now that the tractor with the D15 engine has been sold I have lots of HI - performance engine parts mainly for the CE/BE blocks, these are custom designed to my personal specifications. Including a complete engine (that needs to be assembled) identical to the painted tractor in the video in the original post. I also have many engine parts that could be used to built a lower cost motor that would be more than what you would get with an “off the shelf” engine kit. Direct emails are best.    the1orangewizard@gmail.com
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 2:52pm
The #29 tractor is still available. I was at a pull with it Sunday. Won the 3000 pound class with a pull of 255', second place was a supposedly hot H Farmall which pulled 172'. This little tractor can take down all comers.
Jack C View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 6:33am
Just a note to anyone thinking of buying or building a tractor and getting into pulling. I bought Paul’s CA with the 160 engine. It is everything he says in the posts in here, and more. I’ve been running it at two tracks all summer and I’m points leaders in each class I pull at each track. The most fun I have is in the 2750 class when there’s no speed limit or at least a 6MPH one. You hook, let out the clutch and fly. It’s quite a feeling. And when he says they’re turn key ready, he’s 💯 correct. Mine had a minor issue third time out. He wouldn’t rest till he reimbursed me for the part. I can’t even get that service on most of my new stuff with factory warranties. Seriously consider this tractor. It will be a blast.
dgerth View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgerth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 9:05pm
Paul,
You assisted me in getting our CA into a top notch puller! Out here in WA, we have 3 Ca's that are tough machines in 2500 4 and 6 mph. we also have a new D10 that is becoming an issue to deal with, but love the competition!! We also have a Farmall 200 that is deadly too! Too bad the logistics, coast to coast, are so far cause it would be a Volvo load of fun to get these small machines to butt heads. Thanks again Paul for the help.
dgerth
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 7:07pm
Our last pull for the season will be October 6th with the pull starting at noon. I’ll put out an invitation to any 2500 pound tractor to pay thier entry fee. And I’ll also put up a $50 Outback Steakhouse card for the winner of the class. We really want to see some little tractors come play.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 9:03am
Update 2/14/19 the nicely painted tractor (29) with the bored and stroked CE engine is still available.
Super B View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 7:43pm
Do you still have the assembled motor?
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 6:03am
The spare/extra engine is all the same specs, although is NEEDS to be assembled. Yes it is still available. 
Super B View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 8:03am
Can i have your phone number and call you today. Steve 3193304450
Super B View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 8:30am
I look forward to hearing from you
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 11:33am
PM sent with contact information. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic