This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Might find a little more time now

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Might find a little more time now
    Posted: 22 May 2017 at 5:35am
Been on a fence fighting and determined to win this back issue, fighting and determined to stay working at least to end of year once better as I loved my work. It all came to a head on Saturday.

Boss called, told me I am forced to return to work on light duty, told him still on meds and have PT as well Doc appointments this next two weeks. He basically stated he did not care, was not his call but upper echelon and I had to show up this morning. That took a bad swing as I was trying to overcome a bad day of spasms and guarded muscle cramps, explained to him once again then threw in the towel. Told him schedule all my remaining vacation, at the end will be my last day and my retirement will start July 1.

Had enough.
Sponsored Links

michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 8:26am
I have seen that time and time again you give your life and body to the company and at the end they just don't care . I worked with a guy one time that was out on workmans comp they called him to come back for on lite duty and the next thing they knew they were paying him a few million . my fil worked for a transformer company for 26 years had a heart attack went out on fmla  the doctor released him 1 day after the deadline and bam he was fired .
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 8:28am
big outfits try this all the time. stand your ground, as as long as you are under a doctors care there is nothing they can do about it. they may say you are terminated but that will bite them in the butt later when you are well enough. they tried that on me several times, then they had a doctor they hired to check me, but that doctor was not MY doctor and their doctor never gave any testing or did any physical on me, but just saw me and told my boss I was o-k to return to work. then MY doctor wrote him a note, and that shut them up! they knew they could get sued big time! good luck, cuz this also causes mental disability to you!
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 9:16am
Outfit I worked for did it to couple women who were off - then union got involved - told them to come back to work - not light duty or anything else but full time - 
 One day back or in one case 3 days - voided old claim - they went back to doctor and started new claim - were off for another 6 months until at full health - 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 12:02pm
Everything changed around here in MO with some newer employer guarding laws. They can 'Force' a employee back who is on meds, does not have to leave them alone, does not have to make appropriate work yet as a employee states he/she cannot perform due to restrictions is considered Refusal to Work and firing usually ensues.

I have vacation time, also have available retirement so am now on vacation time and will be retired as of 7/1.

I Have no pity on the company, they earned the lack of returned concern for their lack of concern to the employee. They speak from both sides of that mouth. The person that called to inform me I was being forced back also stated "Did not care I had appointments" and "The company does not care" just wanted the body in a chair or doing something, anything even if non-productive just being AT work. Sick Leave programs mean absolutely ZILCH these days, just a visibility device to hold and state; "See, we take care and are concerned of our employees well being" Absolute BS.

From what I gather there is a mass exodus occurring at all our facilities for the same condition, they are getting what they ask for, employees drawing benefits to leave, but fail to rationalize the loss of tribal knowledge and knowledge base walking away with them. Are few to none replacements coming out of the woodwork and fewer still coming out of military or trade schools while the trainer employees are walking out the gates.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 12:52pm
I'm truly sorry to hear this, it seems like the company is making a big mistake which will come back to haunt them in the future.
Would you care to share what company it is that is doing this to you?
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 12:52pm
Arkansas  is a right to work state  by meaning the company has a right to fire you with out reason .. what gets me  the employer can fight unemployment  benefits . to me the fair way would be for termination other than fraud or theft you should be able to draw without any restance  from the company . I understand the company is the one who pays the unemployment tax not the employee but they still have the upper hand. its nothing but a big game to these  big companys .I worked in a wire mill for 8 years and the hr director talked how fair  the company was and how he hated to fire anyone and it was just a privilege to work there  .that two faced rat loved every minnett of it until the day he was fired and then the company was so unfair .
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 12:56pm
I should have did what my dad did . he started after ww2 with the operating engineers for about 15 years got some money and retirement built up and started on his own .  but times was a lot different back then
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 4:15pm
Mo is right there with RTW, stupid politicians see it as a boon not the bane it is elsewhere. Idiots all.
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 4:35pm

RTW is just a way to get these overseas  companys to come in give them a heck of a tax break just so the politicians can say I BROUGHT NEW JOBS IN . the companys run for a few years tax free 80 percent turnover and when the tax brake is over boom there closing headed for mexico or another state.    RTW was started as a way to keep the unions out . It started that if a company was union you didn't have to join or pay any dues but the union still had to stand by you just like a member. but the politicians just kelp adding and changing .

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic