This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

In a stand still

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In a stand still
    Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 2:27pm
Well my surgery went according to schedule two weeks ago Wednesday. I now have two Mobi-C cervical disc implants in my neck. Less hardware than the old fusion mess but requires more surgeries as in my case if more than two are bad as FDA will only authorize max two at a time.

Doc was surprised for the first time in a long time as my C6/7 disc replacement was the LARGEST he had, almost not big enough, said I am "Big Boned" of all things!!

Anyhow, I am in limbo land, can just now return to driving SHORT distances, preferably NO high speed highway where I could be in a wreck. Can now lift 20# as opposed to the max 10 for the last week and half, I should be able to look full up with my head in about two to three MORE weeks as they do not want either of these things to be 'popped' out! MAY be able to return to work, maybe not before the next and last unit gets installed.

So, I cannot work on the loader bucket, BUT I did have the generator bracket off my old donor tractor so off to the mill we went. Milled 1/2" off the nose mount and cut it down to total 3 7/8" long to be ready to hang the new 24v single wire alternator I got last year. Thru drilled the old mount for a half inch pivot bolt so all I lack now is the adjuster bracket bolt adaptor from 1/2" to 3/8", will cut one out of steel stock on the lathe and thread it up. All I lack is finishing up!!
Sponsored Links

shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 9:42pm
good to hear yer on the mend! take it slow and easy, and do what docs tell ya. I gots yelled at today from mine! lol.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 6:52am
Usually telling you to listen to Shameless is not good advice. But in this case, when he says to do what the Dr says, that is pretty sound advice. Necks and backs are nothing to mess around with. Good luck with your continued recovery, and I hope you can get back at it soon. Thanks for the update. Darrel
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 9:42am
Yes, I concur with Darrel, for once you should listen to Shameless. Be patient and get well. Need to see that bucket on the loader picture. 
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 10:39am
Well Mr. Miller it looks like you will have to start fishing with me and ol' Bennie. We've already talked about coming down there, so I'll drop you a line when we're going to do it, and you will be welcome to come with us. We mostly bank fish and neither one of us aren't the greatest walkers so we don't hit it real hard.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 11:56am

Have not fished in many moons! Did enjoy wetting a line once in awhile though. I sit and walk and sit some more waiting to get past all this so I can be SOME patient!

Bucket sits in the shed, as does the spare generator mount and alternator. Soon as I am released to run I will be SLOWLY hard at it once again!!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 12:03pm
Actually have a correct length cross bolt coming, just not available for the photo. First is existing Gen setup, then the replacement alternator on spare mount. Will most likely have to make a new upper adjustment bracket.

Edited by DMiller - 29 Mar 2017 at 12:04pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 3:13pm
**pats self on top of his head**
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 3:14pm
**also marks on calender who gits first pretty...next year**
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 3:33pm
Yes, listen to the doctor and don't over do it. I had a fusion in my lower back in January 1986. I was off work till May, only could set down long enough to eat, lay down or stand up. The first time he allowed to go out of the house was my first office visit. Sure was along time doing nothing.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 4:21pm
yes DMiller.... I was like tadams... I had a bone graph from hip about 50 years ago and FUSED to the neck bones... took MONTHS to heal...... How does that work today ? What is the "implant"... years ago they use to let 2-3 bones grow together... Sure cuts down on the allowable neck movement !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 6:20am
I actually do not have a fusion, no pins, no plates, no screws. They have come up with a new generation of high mobility cobalt/steel/titanium alloy plates with a polyurethane bushing between. The plate faces are porous and a mix of bone powder/cement is used to 'glue' them into place initially then as bone grows and repairs itself the bone grows into the metal discs becoming part of me.

http://www.cervicaldisc.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw2fLGBRDopP-vg7PLgvsBEiQAUOnIXOLyCnCcn1M3F96VbcmDT3ZveF4P1Dt0NptvMo1bPVsaAj4N8P8HAQ
Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 6:59am
Cobalt/steel/titanium in your neck. You will not get thru the metal detector at the airport.

Be well
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 7:55am
Very small, and the detectors are set up to scan higher at waist or shoe regions. If you look how they are made they do not look for a full body scan they approach separate regions differently. These washers are less than 1/16" thick and around a inch diameter also being porous they do not have the density to trigger, much as a single quarter in size.

Actually less metal than a conventional fusion.

Edited by DMiller - 30 Mar 2017 at 8:01am
TREVMAN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TREVMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 12:31pm
The things medical science has come up with are amazing. I had a oem hydraulic hose coming out of my heart 3 years ago blow out. New valve and hose installed. Month in hospital, nearly died. IF it had been ten years ago, not likely I would have made it. My boy is 14, discovered he has the same thing I have, Marfans Syndrome, I passed it to him. He has a 2 flap aortic heart valve, like I did. I keep telling him that in 30 years when he needs a repair to his aorta he will be having a drink at the doctors office, and tiny little robots will go to his aorta and valve and repair it, and then he will poop them out...He just laughs, but with advances made, I wouldnt be surprised...Replacement spinal discs, pretty wild. Take care of yourself DMiller, you know there was some guys just digging around in your spine, right? Trev.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 6:27am
Thanks all, And Trevman, we are miracles of modern science/medicine! My family also has history of Marfans, lost a few cousins to that.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 1:49pm
This is the inside view as of yesterday.

TREVMAN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TREVMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 4:01pm
So...is it good news? Hope it is, Trev.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 6:16pm
All is good, they are set in place just need time to be less sensitive to abrupt movement.  They will bone in after a few weeks and be pretty well a component part of my spine.

No pain actually got some more rotation movement back, was told will continue to get better for a few months then finalize as to that.

He did have more to say on low back, a lot of arthritis in there, if does not respond to weight loss, core strengthening and this last steroids shot then back in we go for a fusion at the last two.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic