This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Power Fluid 821XL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Byron WC in SW Wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Power Fluid 821XL
    Posted: 31 May 2010 at 6:26am
I had a hydraulic line brake on my dump trailer yesterday.  I'd like to ad some AGCO Power Fluid 821 XL, (what it calls for), but no dealers open today and long ways away.  Is there an equivalent fluid out there?  Or who makes that for AGCO?

Thank you.

Byron
Sponsored Links

MI8050 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI8050 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 6:32am
IH Hytran or anything like that, a trans/hydraulic oil would be equivalent in my opinion, but thats all that is, an opinion.  I used JD Hy-gard in my PST in the 8050 this spring and it worked fine.
Cal View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 6:38am
Most hyd. trans. fluids  have a chart on the back label that states what they are compatable with. That type of fluid goes back to the old ford 8n 9n tractors and most since in some application. Cal in Ct.
Byron WC in SW Wi View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Byron WC in SW Wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 6:44am
Forgot to mention in goes in my RT100A so I want to make sure it matches up.  The manual calls for Power Fluid 821XL.  Thanks for the help.

I thought it was something special but it looks like it might just be universal hydraulic oil.  It's the same reservoir, on my tractor, for the transmission, hydraulics and power steering.

If everyone thinks it's just normal stuff I'll do what's suggested and go look at the back of the jugs at the local hardware/farm store.

Edited by Byron WC in SW Wi - 31 May 2010 at 6:46am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic