This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

427/435

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis-Steiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 427/435
    Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 11:54am
I am writing to inform members that Mark Sickman ( 427/435) passed away last weekend.
Mark was my best friend for the last 45 years, and he was my first "boss" on the 4-150 and 4-180 tractors in the early 1970's.  Mark passed peacefully while on a trip with his wife Mary to Colorado and Arizona. I know that he loved this forum and his years with Allis-Chalmers, and so enjoyed talking to you all about the 8000 series that he was responsible for designing.
Sponsored Links

Allis-Steiger View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis-Steiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 11:55am
hillmonkey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 12:07pm
Very sad news, I always enjoyed his posts. RIP Mark
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 12:13pm
Wow, that's sad to hear! I always enjoyed his talk of his time at white as well as Allis, since I'm kinda a White/Oliver/Moline guy as well as AC. Just goes to show, you have to live each day like it's your last, since one day, it will be! RIP Mark, and enjoy your Vettes in heaven!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 12:24pm
Prayers to the family
dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 12:29pm
You will be missed Mark. Father of the modern tractor. http://www.ranfranzandvinefh.com/notices/Mark-Sickman
Dswall View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dswall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 12:38pm
Prayers for the family. May he rest in peace
aras View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 1:05pm
Sad to hear -- my heart goes out to his family
studer automotive View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studer automotive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 1:13pm
😱😱😱 oh wow. Prayer out to the family. Enjoyed the A-C stories & political debates
a-c 185-d y/r cab turbo soon
99 f-250 7.3 4x4
86 mustang5.0 owned since 8/93              
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 1:14pm
Sad to hear I have only know Mark from the forum but he was a great guy. I always enjoyed his posts and now I am all the more grateful for the last post he did about the tractor design work.
Mark will be missed. My condolences to his family.
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 1:20pm
Very sorry to hear of this.  May God's peace and comfort be with his family.  Tell them thank you for all of Mark's contributions to this forum.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 1:29pm
Very sad news, always enjoyed his A.C. stories,,,, sincere condolences to the family,,,,,
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 1:35pm
scott View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 2:17pm
Allis Steiger, I am sorry for the loss of your friend. 
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 3:13pm
Prayers go out to the family. God Bless!
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 3:56pm
Prayers for Wife Mary and the family, may they have peace and Blessings in the days ahead. 
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 4:00pm
prayers from NE for his family !
Stan R View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 6:38pm
I am sincerely saddened with such news. He was one of the most knowledgeable forum members on the history of AC's during his working years at AC. He will be missed.
cottonpatch View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cottonpatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 6:43pm
I am saddened to hear of his passing. I was really enjoying the thread on the 8000 series and white tractors he was posting and commenting on. Prayers to his wife and family.
'52 CA, '61 D10 II, ‘61 D15, '66 D15II, '63 D17D III, ‘69 170, '73 185 Crop Hustler, '79 185, '79 7000, '77 7040
JPG AUSTRALIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPG AUSTRALIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 7:09pm
That is sad news to hear,he was a great guy to have on the forum,and was always posting info on his years with allis,i will miss him.
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 8:17pm
So sorry to hear this . Had seen he had not posted in a while . Seems like he always took any jabbing and poking in stride . He had opinions and shared them with us .Prayers for his family and friends.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 8:38pm
Sorry for your loss Allis Steiger. Me and my son in law, stopped by Mark and Mary's house, when we were up that way one winter. He made a pizza and we ate that and talked about tractors. He took us out to his shed and showed us his toys, and in the garage to see the vette he bought when he worked for AC. I really enjoyed my visit that day, l couldn't believe l was sitting at the table, of the guy in charge of designing one of the best tractors ever built. He also talked about his time at white and developing the 4-150. I sit hear and smile thinking of Mark, when l was backing my gooseneck into his drive. I got out of my truck, he had a smile on his face and said " let's not talk about politics" l said you have a deal !!!! My condolences to Mary and there sons and their families.     IG
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
docgreen View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 8:51pm
Sorry to hear this. I don't post often but read daily. Mark was always a hoot! RIP old Allis friend. 
macvette View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macvette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 8:58pm
Oh, so sad.  Prayers to his family from WI.  Enjoyed so much all of his posts.
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 9:53pm
My deepest sympathies. He forgot more about A-C than any of us will ever know, being an A-C engineer and all. He was a major player in designing the 8000 series, and their nice cabs. Oh the stories he could tell, and sadly too many are now gone forever. 

Edited by CrestonM - 28 Sep 2016 at 9:55pm
jorstad brothers View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jorstad brothers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 10:11pm
prayers for his family. i will miss hearing about the 8000s.
remember plunder than burn
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 10:35pm
Wow that's crazy to hear. I was just thinking when reading some posts that I'm surprised mark hasent written anything and that I'd like to read what he would have to tell us. Will miss the knowledge and experience ha had to share with us.
JCFarms View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCFarms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 10:51pm
Dang, another Allis Man gone!
Sad news to hear.
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 3:57am
Sorry to hear this news. May God be with his wife, children, grandchildren, and friends. Though we didn't agree politically, he was a dedicated AC man and will be missed. God Bless.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
michaelwis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelwis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 5:30am
Our sympathy from Wisconsin
Rest in peace buddy
You will be missed
WD WD45 DIESEL D 14 D-15 SERIES 2 190XT TERRA TIGER ac allcrop 60   GLEANER F 6060 7040.and attachments for all Proud to be an active farmer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic