This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Off topic why don't farmers strike in 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acben20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Off topic why don't farmers strike in 2017
    Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 10:24pm
I know this is not the place but I would like to see what others think.. I farm our family farm and can't believe that in this age corn prices are this low.. I think farmers should strike next year why plant another crop for some else to make money off.. It's sad when every one in the world needs a farmer three times a day but he can't even afford to feed him self.... Just venting sorry..
Sponsored Links

CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by acben20 acben20 wrote:

I know this is not the place but I would like to see what others think.. I farm our family farm and can't believe that in this age corn prices are this low.. I think farmers should strike next year why plant another crop for some else to make money off.. It's sad when every one in the world needs a farmer three times a day but he can't even afford to feed him self.... Just venting sorry..

Don't be sorry. I feel the same way you do. I guess we're having the same problem they had in the late 1920's/30's. Prices get low, what do you do? Just plant more! Simple as that, right? Well, for a few guys it might work, but if everyone does it, you get more supply than there is demand, and prices go even further down. Keep this going for a few years, and all over the world, and there's simply nothing you can do about it, I don't think. 
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 10:29pm
After nearly 7 years of great profits and now you want to strike ??? really ???
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 10:48pm
I remember 2012. The drought that year yielded 15-60 bushels/acre for corn on some farms. Some lucky souls received a late summer hurricane leftover rain, so their soybeans might have yielded 55 bushels/acre.
dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 11:00pm
no small farmers are left in our area. All big guys farming 4,000 acres or more. Neighbors use to help each other now they stab each other in the back for ground. Sad deal but maybe some of these low prices will get to these big boys that have become too greedy. 
AC Orange 1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Orange 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 11:27pm
AMEN dpower! 
1937 (AC WC), 1952 (AC WD), 1957 (AC D17 SERIES 1), 1964 (AC D17 SERIES IV WITH FACTORY 3PT), 1970 (AC ONE-NINETY XT SERIES III), 1971 (AC ONE-EIGHTY)
AC Orange 1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Orange 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 11:30pm
DrAllis, I couldn't agree more!
1937 (AC WC), 1952 (AC WD), 1957 (AC D17 SERIES 1), 1964 (AC D17 SERIES IV WITH FACTORY 3PT), 1970 (AC ONE-NINETY XT SERIES III), 1971 (AC ONE-EIGHTY)
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by DrAllis DrAllis wrote:

After nearly 7 years of great profits and now you want to strike ??? really ???

Great profits ? Just because commodity prices are high, doesn't mean there are great profits. Inputs, or seed, fertilizer,chemicals, parts, machinery, land, rent. Have all went up just as much as the commodity prices. I now spend nearly 4 times as much as me and my dad did, 10 years ago when he was still farming. What we put out for 120,000 ten years ago, now is half a million. It hasn't been all profit over the last 10 years. I ain't complaining, but we have inputs of 5.00 corn, and it's 3.00. You can lose more in 2 years, then you made in the last 10. With the inputs today. 2012 and 2015 were complete wipeouts here. 2012 being worse then last year.
          IG
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 11:59pm
who are you going to strike against? Cargill? Monsanto? Pioneer? the govt? China? the small farmers can't take that hit, some of the big ones can, that was proved in the '70's, get some livestock, and feed out some of your grain to them. that will will create competition to the big meat producers and the grain companies, and will feed your families! one idea: plant enough to feed out some livestock, and enough to pay the taxes, and enough to pay for the expenses, and let some of the ground go fallow. give you a chance to control a years worth of weeds without chemicals. good for the pocket, good for the earth. I've done that in some problem areas and it worked very well. and if you do, let it be known that you are leaving some fields empty for the year and be sure to have that land visible from the road! it really doesn't hafta be much, just  enough for people to talk, or the news media to get ahold of!  
VAfarmboy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VAfarmboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 1:56am
Originally posted by dpower dpower wrote:

no small farmers are left in our area. All big guys farming 4,000 acres or more. Neighbors use to help each other now they stab each other in the back for ground. Sad deal but maybe some of these low prices will get to these big boys that have become too greedy. 

It already is!  I know of at least three of the big guys around here who got locked into long term leases for the inflated prices they offered the landowners to take the ground away from other farmers a few years back.  When prices went down they figured out that they couldn't make any money farming if they were paying that much for ground so they sold out and broke the leases.    All three of them were in their late 50s or early 60s so I guess they just decided to retire early.

Edited by VAfarmboy - 27 Aug 2016 at 2:16am
DougS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 3:24am
Strike, acben20? Who are you going to strike against? Your local elevator? The government? The government may be able to set price guarantees, but it will do so with acreage allocations. The 'fix' is for all farmers to cut back production by x%. Doing so will drive the small farmers out of business. Like most other things in our world today, there is no easy fix. When prices are good everyone gets into the business. In the 1960s the NFO tried something similar to what you are proposing. It failed miserably.
VAfarmboy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VAfarmboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 4:08am
Originally posted by DougS DougS wrote:

Strike, acben20? Who are you going to strike against? Your local elevator? The government? The government may be able to set price guarantees, but it will do so with acreage allocations. The 'fix' is for all farmers to cut back production by x%. Doing so will drive the small farmers out of business. Like most other things in our world today, there is no easy fix. When prices are good everyone gets into the business. In the 1960s the NFO tried something similar to what you are proposing. It failed miserably.

The Feds tried to cut production with the Soil Bank in the late 50s due to the rapid mechanization of agriculture after WWII that resulted in millions of acres of land that once grew hay to feed millions of draft animals being plowed up and planted in crops causing commodity prices to tank.  When prices went back up in the early 1970s it was all plowed out and everyone was farming fence-row to fence-row and the feds were even subsidizing drainage tile to put swampland into production. Then when grain prices tanked again and they tried to stem the farm crisis of the 1980s with the CRP but when commodity prices went back up in the 2000s many CRP contracts were not renewed when they expired because people could make money farming it again.   

Dgrader View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dgrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 5:15am
It's a cycle, like mother nature. I've seen it 3 times in the last 40 years. When times are good a lot of farmers spend money like there's no tomorrow. Don't make anymore ground ya know. Banks getinto the act too. Lending money like it's an endless supply. Until the bottom drops out like it has now. They start looking at goin after guys that have some equity to cover their butt. The key to this is don't get too high when times are good and don't get too low when times are bad. Main problem right now is inputs are way too high. When grain prices are low ya gotta cut expenses as much as you can. I remember when NFO was a big thing. Unite all farmers together for better grain prices and input costs. Was a good deal if all farmers went along but that couldn't happen. Ya got a few of em that would go against it to try to cut a big deal. It's human nature. Besides I've never seen a group of farmers tottally agree on anything. Ya always got 1 that thinks he's a little smarter than the rest of em.
Ya cain't fix stupid.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 6:04am
And don't forget the dairy herd buyout to get rid of the small fellows too....
 Greed drove the big fellows bigger... and drove those that couldn't get enough down where they were to up here... and those fellows had a huge learning curve.  shorter, much shorter growing season, and many bushals less... and less profit in their pocket and higher expenses...  The one fellow after three years said he should have looked harder for more land around his area. LOL
 three big farmers up here also have cows and run their crop thru them, two semi loads of milk a day from one of the farms... and he can't get anybigger so he's starting up another...
 When is big BIG enough?
  I use to look at how so many made a living off of 25 cows, then it got to 40 then 60 and 100 then 200 500 and a thousand .... then the mega milk lots out in california, what happened... Greed underlining it all.
  Another thing that was happening in the 60's and 70's was a government involvement in a "CHEAP FOOD policy" and look at Earl Butz back then... Ag Secretary ... and the universitys helping sell that cheapfood mantras... They were screaming GET BIGGER and then the nex publication was GET MORE EFFICIENT and back and forth, then they started slipping in the slur of "OR GET OUT"... Promoted and pushed... and cam't forget that there were farm payments from the government that practicly paid for the farms if you applied... several fellows bought farms and had them paid for that way. One guy was always braging about it. But you had to sign up to be told what you could do and what you couldn't do with the signed up acerage. Well he was farming the government. If they would have stayed out of everything, it would be different to some degree for sure.  What will it be like in another ten years???will the farmers be under duress for another period that might go for 30 years? Or will it turn back to smaller farms? kinda doubt it, unless theres a prohibition on anything over 150 hp.  and zero emmision tractors.  LOL 
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 6:36am
I can recall late 50's, early 60's when the NFO was going, farmers were pouring milk down the drain, dumping grain, holding livestock off of market....didn't work!!!

Who was hurt by these actions? The producer=farmer. The only people who gained were the high salaried executives running the show.

It's a "supply-demand" driven market and no one has come up with a workable solution to keep livestock from growing and grain from being grown.

Edited by JoeO(CMO) - 27 Aug 2016 at 6:39am

Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 6:55am
JC your right on the money about it being greed. There is also another thing you hear all the time now. America was once 50% farmers and now it is only 2% farmers. But there where new jobs formed in new industries the the people who left the farms. I hear that from political talk all the time as the explain how automation is the future. The point I get whenever I hear that is they don't want farmers. Farming is beneath them and in the past. The same with truck driving and any other job that can be outsourced or automated. The point being that they don't give a crap about the little guy with his small farm it isn't cool to them. As long as food is just a cheap thing you have to eat and the land or animals are just a means to an end you will see more nasty chemicals that harm the people using them and animals that are kept in nasty conditions and are kept alive by the cheapest means.
I don't know the answer but it is a mindset that has to change.
acben20 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acben20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 7:54am
No I'm not going to strike and we're doing fine but I just thought if every farmer didn't plant in 2017 it would get prices back up some and show the country that they really do need a farmer.. I know it would never happen.. Lol
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 8:03am
Ya I was around in the late 50's-early 1960's the only people that made money was the nfo execs. Dad never joined-fences got cut etc, had 200+ head of fat cattle ready to ship at the time, went ahead and shipped them, made money because they were contracted long before this happened.   When things got worse those clowns at the nfo would not let their members get out. Demanded they continue to pay their dues on time. Some of the guys had to get a court order to get out of the nfo. Members sure made a lot of money on that deal.    Good luck with that. Hope someone can figure out a solution to the problem.
DougS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 8:40am
Originally posted by acben20 acben20 wrote:

No I'm not going to strike and we're doing fine but I just thought if every farmer didn't plant in 2017 it would get prices back up some and show the country that they really do need a farmer.. I know it would never happen.. Lol

Maybe. We've had an excess of two years supply of corn stored in reserve at times. How many farmers would go broke in just one year if they planted nothing? How are beans doing? Last Spring they were bringing $10 a bushel. I've lost track. I was in my old stomping grounds of Wisconsin two weeks ago and I never saw so many beans planted in my life. Should you consider planting an alternative crop? I'm no expert and the so-called experts don't have a workable solution.

Edited by DougS - 27 Aug 2016 at 8:53am
Jwmac7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jwmac7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 8:48am
Nobody is going to strike,unfortunatley farming has become a cut throat business at least it has here in Central Indiana...hell if I told a landord I wasn't going to pay cash rent I considered to be too high, there would be another big time operator in the drive way before I left.Prices over the last several years have been very good,all those high prices did was make land,cash rent,equipment, and inputs go through the roof...yeah we may have grossed more money but when it was all said and done we were no better off than when corn was 3$ and cash rent was 100$...u want to make a difference, elect politicians that will take the AG embargo's off half of the countries in the world. We are limited to who we can sell our product to.
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 9:38am
The best crop no matter what it is for an alternative has no value unless there is a market for it. Marketing is more important than growing.

The common grain markets today are world wide with considerable government subsidy or government operation in some parts of the world. Yet some other parts of the world are hungry because of prohibition of GMO seed and chemical fertilizers.

Before I retired from farming about 8 years ago I recall one year when I got about 94 cents a bushel for corn, but I had sold ahead earlier in the year for $1.50 and collected about 50 cents LDP.

Last year I sold my share (50/50 crop share is more honest than cash rent in my opinion) mostly ahead for an average of $3.80 and sold the corn that I didn't sell ahead for $3.50 in March with some storage and drying costs. My tenant yielded 207.3 bu/acre last year. This year I have 157 bu/acre sold at an average of $3.745. I sure don't like the closing price yesterday at the local elevator of $2.81 so I'll probably be looking at storage again or a price later contract. There is going to be lots of corn stored in Iowa and Illinois this winter with farmers unwilling to take the offered cash price when its well below the cost of production.

Growing weeds may cost less (property taxes, utilities, and insurance) than covering inputs and selling crops at a loss. I'm sure I'd get offers to rent or buy the farm once a week if it was growing nothing but weeds. Letting the farm grow weeds for a couple years might make growing crops with minimal weeds difficult with high expenses for field work and herbicides in following years. But without profitable crop contracts, it might be a viable option. The machinery won't show much wear the fallow years.

Gerald J.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 10:48am
Dan73, Dad and I discussed these issues many times over about how things were done and how they are done and what the future held.
 The consensus was what we have today, the big get bigger and the small get smallerand then they are gone, and the profit margins get slimmer... and of coarse, there would be a few highs and more lows in it.  And be ready to cash in on them... Well, to cash in on them, you have to know what is coming ahead of time. LOL
  He also did not like how fast things were getting done, like the big fellows pull in and spray and plant and pull out in an hour what took the small fellow a week to work. Toss on commercial fertilizer, toss on weed spray and herbicide and insecticide and geneticized seed, notill it in and pull out. We watched many times the difference between our fields and the fields that neighbored one of the modern farmers... the deer and raccoon would walk through their field nip and spit the corn out and then jump over or crawl under the fence and eat our corn. That wasn't just one time, that happened many years.  We always plowed down a good stand of grass too if it was rented ground and the fields close up got manured.
  Now that we don't milk anymore, and got unconfined beef instead, they wander out and graze and don't have any significant manure except around the feeding area to haul out.  So now the grounds gets other inputs applied instead of the commercial fert.
  The biggest surprise was when all this genetically modified seed started to show up, the first year was a very low percentage then it just blossomed and in less than 5 years, it was like 80% of the crops were gene altered grains. I thought it would take 20 or more years to get there... it was practically overnight... like pandora's box got its lid blown open, no sneak peeking in through a crack first.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Jwmac7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jwmac7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 11:17am
We still plow our ground..everything at least gets deep chiseled I moldboard about 500 acres every fall weather permitting. I plant my corn at 27,500 which is still a higher population than dad would like to see. Shoot for 145 lbs on N on it..keep phosphates where they need to be along with the other micro nutrients and still yield the same as the big time neighbors if not out yield them...i know for a fact my inputs are far less than theirs....they have the fanciest newest auto steer green sh#% that money can buy. They also pay stupid cash rent for everything they farm. I gotta think that the well will eventually dry up for them and my old school tight a$% way of farming will pay off in the end...I don't want to get rich I just don't want to lose money..i already work off the farm for insurance and living expenses...I don't want for my second job to have to start paying the farms bills too.
Jonny B 1938 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny B 1938 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 11:26am
+1 here, free trade and foreign market agreements have put everyone back to the 1970s. I am old enough to remember when farm after farm went into foreclosure.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 12:48pm
Its Farming boys, was a time when it was great , now its becoming so much of a joke, imports/ exports ; I seen a post where they are going to send more soybeans to China, have them ground to meal and sent back; cant anyone do that here? It is a cut throat business, and I believe the Govt want only a few big players in the grain market , its sad, but so real
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 2:23pm
One idea that I heard back in LDP days was to plant 20% less corn and plant soybeans on those same acres. The price of beans would fall and corn would go up. We would still get the same price for beans with the help of the LDP. 

What if we all went out and mowed down the end rows of each farm? That would do a way with any hopes of a record crop. 

I talked with my lawyer about writing up a lease cancellation notice on my farm lease. I was told not to feel alone. They are writing lots of them. I have no choice but to talk to the landlords. I also have to talk with the elevator and get my inputs and break even prices. Sky high grain prices will always come back to bite. Sky high land prices will too. 

I am not one for taking out loans. If I don't have the money, I don't buy. I now start looking at the small ticket items in bushels of corn. If i buy a bottle of Pepsi, Coke, or RC and a candy bar, how many bushels of $2.80 corn does it cost me?  I just hope gas doesn't take a huge jump. We'll be farming with horses.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 2:38pm
How high/low will it go? Will we see 1.80 for corn and 6.00 beans? I also hear more and more talk the the corn yields are not what the corn counters say it is. The USDA has been known to make a mistake or two when they do their math. Tune in tomorrow for "As The Stomach Turns".
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 2:48pm
I been seeing a lot of repo'ed new equipment on consignment auctions already, and the lending places are taking a BIG hit on that equipment, as in $100,000. or more on tractors and planters and support equipment, combines are more! also seeing a lot more forclosures on land and housing than before. and ya'll knew my situation thru the past 2-3 years with me being a small farmer with less than 300 acres. and last year working for nothing even with $3.90 corn, because of the greed factor that someone put into others minds! what will be their excuse now? i'm just gonna sit back and laugh at them! yep....bigger is better! (barf) 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 2:53pm
I also remember the NFO members, taking truck loads of shelled corn to dump in the Missouri river, but they didn't tell anyone that their trucks were full of hay bales and the corn you saw above the top of the truck box was only a foot deep!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 3:38pm
I think generally speaking, the smaller farmers actually still LOVE the land and it'd go against the grain( no pun) to NOT farm. The 'big boys' have to as they're a 'mega business' and only look at the bottom line.
I'm fairly sure the smaller guys could ride out a year or two, 'living off the land', doing what was 'normal' back 50-60-100 years ago.
It sure would be interesting to see what would happen though....

Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic