This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ac HD6B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ac HD6B
    Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 8:31pm
Hello there I just acquired a allis Chalmers HD6B it need some parts and repair I am trying to find out as much about it as I can as in year. Can anyone offer me any resources the sn# is HD6B-17873. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Steven25 - 25 Jul 2016 at 8:39pm
Sponsored Links

Steven25 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 8:38pm
Isn't that where it is posted? that's the section I see it in.
Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 7:23am
1964 Post a picture
Steven25 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 7:39am
Steven25 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 9:35am
Thank you for that info. Can I ask where you found that?
Steven25 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 9:38am
Also does anyone know of any good resources for sourcing parts. I am looking for clutch parts, bell housing. I am missing all the parts from flywheel to the transmission.
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 10:06am
general gear in Idaho

Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Steven25 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 11:47am
Thank you I will check it out
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 3:33pm
I have some cluch part for HD6
Steven25 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 4:04pm
Gemdozer what all do you have?
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 10:12pm
Steven, post some more pictures. Get up close and personal with that tractor. There's lots of help here with more pictures. We have a lot of those parts in our "DONOR TRACTOR" section. We're within driving distance.
Steven25 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 10:16pm
Ok I will however I can't until the weekend as the tractor is not at my house. I am going to attempt to winch it up onto a trailer this weekend and get it home. Thank you for your reply.
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 10:25pm
You might have gotten a better machine than it first looked like. It could have lost the clutch, someone took it out to replace it and never got back to it. Sure hope you will keep us up to date on your progress and the condition of the tractor.
Steven25 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 11:05pm
Yes I will be posting updates as I go along. I hope that to be the case as far as condition/workmanship. I am going to attempt to get it from its resting place this weekend. I have to pull it up a fair incline onto the road then hopefully push or pull onto a trailer to take her home to be cleaned up and hopefully start the repair process. I hope she will roll with out to much work.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 11:57pm
Good luck on getting her home this weekend.  To bad Mel and group aren't even closer, their Septic tank delivery truck and trailer would be just the thing to get that home.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Steven25 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 9:31am
She's not gonna make it home this weekend. The right track is locked up the break is stuck. I took the cover off and it is very rusted I think I'm going to have to cut the adjuster. Does anyone have any suggestions?
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 12:35pm
You could loosed the screw band supporting under the stering cluch housing and use some oil penetrent or WD40 on the adjuster and noke with hammer on side adjustement bracket
Steven25 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 12:46pm
Yes that's what I tried but the adjuster is rusted solid. it's will soak for the week and we will see what happens next weekend
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 5:40pm
Steve,
Glad to see you got quite a bit of help here. See.. told ya!   LOL!
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 6:18pm
You could try to pull the pins that hold the brake band together. There are pipe plugs under the rear fenders that allow access to the adjuster pin. The pin that holds the band to the adjuster has an internal 5/16-18 thread. If the pin has been replaced it could have a different thread. You can use a threaded rod and a nut on the outboard side as a jack to pull the pin. I use a slide hammer. In the case of my HD6G the last person put the pin in backwards so the thread was on the wrong end so I was out of luck. To get to the rear pin you have to take the fuel tank off. If you can get both pins out you can remove the upper section of the brake band without damaging the adjuster.
Steven25 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 6:31pm
Excellent thank you for that info I will look into that and give it a try.
Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 6:18pm
We have been responding to your observation that the right brake band is rusted to the drum. I had an HD7 that lost a ball bearing in the final drive. Large bearing pieces locked up the final drive on one side. Did you check for oil in both final drives?

Assuming that it is the brake band. The weight of the brake band should create space between the band and the drum at the bottom unless the steering clutch compartment is full of junk. Did you check? So it should not be rusted on the bottom. I use an inexpensive fiber optic video camera from Harbor Freight. If I am correct, getting the top part of the brake band will solve the problem. With the fuel tank removed you can jar the band to each side. There is probably 1/16 slop left and right that could get it free. Another trick is to use the transmission to turn the steering clutch drum. Remove the floor panels and rotate the drive shaft with the transmission in low gear.
Keep us informed.
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 11:48pm
Ok, been visiting with Steve about his adventures. He sent me these pictures . He was having trouble getting them resized to post so I thought I would see if I could help photo 2 STEVE HD6_zpsbcczz0el.jpg
We'll let him explain, cause I know you guys are going to have questions and answers photo 3 STEVE HD6_zpsduovfsfw.jpg
If he could have just picked the one up with the missing fuel cap his problems would have been solved photo 1 STEVE HD6_zpskyhwoqjb.jpg

Steven25 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 11:53pm
Thank you Mel I truly appreciate all the help you have been. And thank you to everyone else as well I have been busy so I have not got to mess with it anymore but I will keep everyone updated on my progress.

Thanks steve
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 3:41am
Steve

If you bring your photo up in Paint you can resize.

There is a "Resize" control somewhere - depends on which version you have.

In the Windows 10 version it is in the cluster in the top left hand corner.   IIRC in earlier versions it was in the options string of File View etc panel

When you do that you get a panel that gives you horizontal and vertical which should read 100%.

If you change these to something lower and then save it shrinks your picture.

Might take a bit of playing to work out how far to go to get it small enough.

Happy fiddling.
Steven25 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 10:44pm
Thank you for the info I'm not a computer guy I do everything on my phone. Maybe I'll have to start playing around with the computer.
Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 6:37am
The tree that grew up behind it does not help. I would remove the blade. See if it has the optional hook in front of the rock guard. You will have to gain better access to work on freeing the right track. How far did you move it to discover the right track was not moving?
dadsdozerhd5b View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadsdozerhd5b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 7:09pm
check to be sure the brake is not applied and locked. sometimes the last operator locked the brake on. looks like it has been sitting for awhile as it looks like the tree ate the ripper.
HD5B, HD5G, (2) FARMALL A's, CUB. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, IGNORE THE LAUGHTER. FLANNEL IS ALWAYS IN STYLE.
Steven25 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 3:00am
Hello everyone so it has been a long while since I've been on here reason being I have been busy and have not had time to return to the dozer. Well today I got that time, started her up she runs beautifully and I was also able to get the hd10 running that the people I purchased the hd6 from. A couple pulls and the right track freed up. And I was able to drag her home through the brush being that I purchased it from the neighbors made that a little easier. And other then finding the clutch parts far away where it will cost a ton to ship I'm still trying to locate a clutch assembly. Sorry it to so long for an update.
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 7:55am
Check with General Gear for parts. I got a new pressure plate and button clutch for my HD5B, shipped to my door for about $350.

Edited by truckerfarmer - 05 Sep 2016 at 7:56am
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic