This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tillers to fit 716H early series

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tillers to fit 716H early series
    Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 11:03pm
I recently acquired an early series AC 716H tractor. I've been looking for a tiller attachment for it, primarily on Craigslist (I'm thankful for all the AC and Gleaner treasures I've found on there!). What Simplicity or Allis tiller versions might work for this tractor? I gather that the corresponding Allis tiller is 36". Do other sizes fit? More specifically, I came across a local CL ad for a Simplicity 38" tiller that seems similar- any input on whether that will work?

Sponsored Links

Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 11:24pm
Yea that should work. Does your tractor have rear lift
TOMIA View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOMIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 3:33am
It looks to me that the rear lift is there also.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 6:02am
Nice machine! And, a very nice looking building behind it! Looks like that tiller will do the job.
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Kyle(MN) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 1:13pm
Thanks for the help, folks. I'm going to take a look at it tomorrow.

Kyle(MN) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 3:10pm
Update on this- I did purchase it. $350, which is at the high end I think, but I've been looking a long time and don't see them within 50 miles of me, unless its a package deal with a tractor and other implements.

Now to figure out how to put it all together. What I have right now for lower end hitch assembly doesn't appear to be sufficient:

Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 8:45pm
Yea your lower is messed up. Somebody must have a pic they can show you. Looks like one ear is broke off and the drawbar part is missing. What's your email, I can show you some pictures

Edited by Mikez - 19 Jul 2016 at 7:04am
Dgrader View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dgrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 9:08pm
I love the 74 model 700 series. Like the lights out on the side. You've got that 716 lookin good.
Ya cain't fix stupid.
Kyle(MN) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 10:10pm
Figured this out after looking at some garden tractors at Hutch. Yes, it does look like arms etc. are broken off on mine, but in fact, it is simply missing the center hitch part. The center hitch actually contains the right "yoke" for the left side, and both "yokes" for the right side. The center hitch fits on the inside on the left side, and bolts on the outside on the right side. Odd design, if you ask me. I saw this arrangement on most garden tractors in Hutch, even the B series. My Simplicity parts mine even insisted that I must have parts broken off on mine.

Kyle(MN) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 10:11pm
My Simplicity parts *man, that is.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 10:52pm
I have a 912 that I might sell the hitch to you. Let me take a look at it
Kyle(MN) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 1:24pm
Got 'er figured out. For the most part.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic