This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The D17 Rides Again - Time to Plant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Play Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The D17 Rides Again - Time to Plant
    Posted: 25 May 2016 at 7:24am
Over the last few years I've bought a couple of new tractors to take some pressure off my D17. Yeah I know we're only doing food plots, but the farmer in me kept saying "we need bigger stuff", and like most farmers I kept buying bigger stuff. While the D17 never complained, I just had a feeling I might have been pushing it a little. It's a great over-achiever as it is, but I also respect it enough not to abuse it, so I've kind of put it in semi-retirement. Now it gets used mostly for planting, and at a nice easy pace too. 

With Spring being LATE this year we've been behind, but it's finally warmed up and it's time to get seeds in the ground. 2 nights ago I made the trip to Moms, where I keep it in storage during the off season. Last night we planted around 3 acres of corn, we have about 4 acres of beans left to plant. This tractor ALWAYS puts a smile on my face. 

Parked for the night, ready for when the beans show up;

Sponsored Links

Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 7:36am
Nice collection. Is that a Massey 165?
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 7:36am
good looking crew.  
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Play Farmer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Play Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 7:41am
The Massey is an 1100 gasser. I know it's not orange but that works very well too. It's a 1966 and is as tight as the day it was built. I don't think it had ever been worked even a little bit hard.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 9:21pm
Bruce,
 That 17 sure looks stout for the size tractor it is! Love those fenders and the weights!
Thanks for posting the pictures of you big toys! Look out food plots!
( I let the neighbors plat the soy beans and corn and hope the deer get big)
I should do something like this on my daughters properties I would just need to buy more stuff!
Regards,
 Chris

D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic